[3.12] Cyan's Hexblaster Occultist | Work in Progress | Huge Chaos Damage

"
kan333 wrote:
Did some more research on this and penetration does not modify enemies resistance. In this case, you finalize the resistance value with Malice and then you apply penetration. Which means it doesn't get the 50% modifier. In this case, instead of 312 you have 291.

ah good to know, thanks.

in that case, add a 10% pen if haven't killed recently boot enchant and get back to -301%, heh

"
Together with the skill tree you have 44 doom + 11 = 55 doom = 550% more dmg

I’m thinking about self casting all Hex (probably only using 4 since despair is only semi good because all you can use it for is the added chaos dmg)

Im able to cast 4 curses in 1 second
And the vixen trigger do t work on hex immune mobs ... (bug)

Also you get a higher effect by stacking doom making the curses more powerful when selfcasted!

44 doom, no. max you can get from the tree is 40 doom. the 4 doom you get from malicious intent is not max, its just base doom. so the hex STARTS with 4 doom, it doesn't add to max.
you can get 45 doom from alt quality. never thought of using enhance though, thats a good call and possibly worth. however you'd have to wait longer to detonate in order to get to max doom (unless using doomsday)

i wouldn't self cast 4 curses. theres no point. you can only detonate one at a time. impending doom and doomblast is not the main source of damage, hexblast is. thats why i auto pilot 3 curses and only self curse one over and over.
and i've never come across the bug where vixen's won't apply the hexes to hexproof mobs.

you do get higher effect with the doom if you're self casting all the curses, but that just sounds like too many hotkeys to program and press and probably take too long to do as well. at least for me.
"
kan333 wrote:
Going to toss in my input so far. I find the cast curse then cast hexblast to be clunky for clearing. It's too slow even when I had over 70% increased cast speed. I've found that blasphemy plus your primary curse allows you to just run and cast hexblast to good effect. It actually makes it a decent clear build with good feel and mobility. For bosses you drop wither totems and self cast a curse for the more multiplier. I'm running a crit setup and 1 shot t7 bosses right now.

In regards to the crit setup, I do agree that it's point starved. The damage is good and looking at end game gear makes me think I can get good crit percentage/damage. I just see it leaning towards the glass cannon side of things. I did some numbers comparison vs my crit setup in my current gear vs going all in on cold resist like mentioned above. That setup is 11% less damage then what I have now BUT it frees up 14 points on the tree. I could put 4 of those into a medium cluster and get all the damage back and a little more and it leaves me 10 more points for damage or defense.

To summarize:

- Blasphemy + Curse = good clear
- Self Cast Curse + Wither Totems = good boss damage
- Crit is point starved but some may not mind it

This is pretty much the point im at so far. Clearing in amazing, Mid tier bosses aren't too terrible, but red bosses just take too damn long. Ive pretty much solved the suitability issues by going low life with shavs, but the single target damage just isn't quite there with this skill. Still very fun to blast through maps.
i haven't gotten to red tier bosses yet but ya im anticipating it won't be too great vs them, sadly. but keep in mind the game has much more of a progress curve now-a-days.

once you can get a lvl 21 gem and a bit better gear, maybe it'll be passable. because ya the clear is fucking incredible, i find.

i'll keep playing it for a good while and see how well it can get. if it isn't amazing i'll just swap to creeping frost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info