FPS drops

"
kowal86 wrote:
Not sure if anyone else got this but using Arctic Armour gem also causes FPS drops (5-10fps). I stopped playin my Carrion Golem character cuz of massive FPS drops and tried Melee Lacerate Char (thought it could be better without all minions and lots of AoE), FPS drops begins in later acts for this char too :( with or without Arctic Armour active [more with ON]
Played same char few days before 3.12 starts and everything was just fine, had stable 60fps almost all time

Please fix it GGG, its pretty much unplayable right now

Cheers! :)

It is not Arctic Armor, it is your mana pool cause lags. Use any other way to keep ~zero mana and fps drops will be reproduced i guess.
for those are having problems try to switch to intel hd graphics to see if the problem persist, here I swap and the problem was gone.
"
for those are having problems try to switch to intel hd graphics to see if the problem persist, here I swap and the problem was gone.

how do I do that exactly?
Game has basically become unplayable. 100 fps drops down to second long freezes
I have the same issue.

Graphics card: GTX 1080 ti
CPU: i7 7700k
Motherboard: MSI Z270
Memory: 32 GB DDR4
The game is installed on an m.2 NVME SSD Samsung 970pro.

Iv been testing alot of different things, including standard driver 101 & advanced network package check.
No network issue, looks like how assets are used and handled is the main issue.
Limiting multi-threading to 1 core helps some, still not completely to make it fully playable.

This looks to be worse when approaching any few enemies.
The issue is less noticeable when pre-running trough a whole map then starting to clearing the map after.

A larger issue (no escape) is every time this happens using flame dash it executes the dash, bunning ground effect stays is on the ground but then the character gets teleport-ed to start position enemys still die of the burning ground in front.

Im sorry GGG this is the only game with anything close to this issue.
I'll come back to the game when this is fixed.
Last edited by DeviDaylight on Sep 27, 2020, 2:26:09 AM
"
It is not Arctic Armor, it is your mana pool cause lags

Holy fuck. I laughed reading this, but then in desperation I did unreserved all my mana and now the game literally flies again like before.
Ofc aint much fun to play without auras, but still...
Can't believe a little mana reserved almost blocked my whole rig.
IGN : MihiReloaded
"
"
It is not Arctic Armor, it is your mana pool cause lags

Holy fuck. I laughed reading this, but then in desperation I did unreserved all my mana and now the game literally flies again like before.
Ofc aint much fun to play without auras, but still...
Can't believe a little mana reserved almost blocked my whole rig.

Same to me :)
"
Diskmaskin wrote:
"

how do I do that exactly?

go to nvidia control panel, select manage 3d settings->program settings->select poe.exe and select the prefered graphics processor as intel gpu
"
DeviDaylight wrote:
I have the same issue.

Graphics card: GTX 1080 ti
CPU: i7 7700k
Motherboard: MSI Z270
Memory: 32 GB DDR4
The game is installed on an m.2 NVME SSD Samsung 970pro.

Iv been testing alot of different things, including standard driver 101 & advanced network package check.
No network issue, looks like how assets are used and handled is the main issue.
Limiting multi-threading to 1 core helps some, still not completely to make it fully playable.

This looks to be worse when approaching any few enemies.
The issue is less noticeable when pre-running trough a whole map then starting to clearing the map after.

A larger issue (no escape) is every time this happens using flame dash it executes the dash, bunning ground effect stays is on the ground but then the character gets teleport-ed to start position enemys still die of the burning ground in front.

Im sorry GGG this is the only game with anything close to this issue.
I'll come back to the game when this is fixed.

Yeah the spikes usually occur when I click on npcs or when I approach new enemies in a map, but can't really tell for sure what the cause is
Mine has been unbearable since start of league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info