[3.12] Elementalist Firestorm crit ignite

Hey everyone replying to this thread, I'm all very happy you are interested in my build! :)

I am replying to this quickly and will reply more in depth in when I'm not replying on my phone.

Playing it I also noticed it was very squishy and I made the build knowing that for sure, make sure to prioritize resists :).

I will keep more of a closer eye on this thread now that I know more people are interested.

Thanks for understanding. Will be streaming for a bit tommorow if you want a quicker answer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EE quite useless with this build? The first hit with firestorm will immediately negate the EE effect from the Orb of storms?
Hey all,
I am on my pc and I am about to continue the league with my build! I have mass quoted and replied below with my thoughts.

Thanks again for the thoughts and suggestions.

Q:
"
leopard2lx wrote:
Would Martyr of Innocence or Pledge of Hands be good staff choices for end-game?

A:
I think both would be good, Martyr sounds fun because of the spell echo. I haven't really looked into the best unique choices for my build since I'm in SSF and dont want to rely on them.

Q:
"
leopard2lx wrote:
"
andrewg90 wrote:
is it just me or is this build very squishy? I've died quite a bit by act 6

I think it is squishy! Probably needs to be more refined over time. Not that much damage mitigation on the tree. Some ES increase and block nodes. I wonder if we're going to need MoM, Arctic Armor etc?

A:
leopard knows what's up :), I feel the squishiness too. As this is my first build guide it definitely needs some refinement. I do plan to change some stuff I think MoM could be an ok node, but I am also having some mana problems. I didn't really wanna take it, if you dont mine perma flask till late then it would help with the squish for sure. I think if you really like arctic armor it seems good but I haven't really used the skill much. In the case of ES I definitely will look into adding more nodes of it to the current tree, when I made the build I didn't really think about it lol.

Q:
"
Irmeli wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EE quite useless with this build? The first hit with firestorm will immediately negate the EE effect from the Orb of storms?

A:
We really only care about that first hit since its most of the dmg, and what is able to crit. I definitely can see later in the game replacing it with maybe a defensive node or more dmg in another way, right now I find it helps burst groups and bosses.
I would have recommended Inquisitor for a crit version of firestorm.

Here is my version of non-crit elementalist using EO:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940312
Last edited by Seeders on Sep 20, 2020, 7:58:18 PM
For leveling, I've also been experimenting with adding Armageddon Brand, instead of Orb of Storms, and I think it helps with clear quite a bit (not to mention it fits the theme very well). I just ignore EE for now.
Last edited by leopard2lx on Sep 20, 2020, 7:59:37 PM
"
leopard2lx wrote:
For leveling, I've also been experimenting with adding Armageddon Brand, instead of Orb of Storms, and I think it helps with clear quite a bit (not to mention it fits the theme very well). I just ignore EE for now.

That sounds like a good idea, I am kinda unsure if I really need EE, it feels good for trash mobs but bosses feel meh. Not sure if it's just the nature of the build or if its EE. Ill try an Armogeddon brand
Why take nodes like blunt trauma? You don't hit with a staff so they don't do anything.
Same with Steelwood stance - you'd need to cause an ailment with a staff attack for this to work - it does not work on spells.

Also - increased duration is useless for the current iteration of firestorm since there is a hard limit on how many firestorms you can have running.
Consider using combustion, controlled destruction, fire penetration, ignite prolif and inc aoe/conc effect for clear/boss. I'm thinking immolate might actually be decent for this skill now.
I'm not sure if this skill is worth it for pure ignite delivery - I'd reckon fireball or kameha would come out on top. I tried fiddling with crit but I believe assasin would be better. I settled on a hybrid, still not sure if it's gonna be worth it for endgame but I reckon red maps should at least be just fine.
Far as items go - Hrimnor, Doryani's maybe cloak of flame for starters - xoph's amulet a bit later. Most can be settled with rare.
For flasks I'd say Rumi's going to be pretty good - I should have around 40-50% block with that. Atziri's promise too but that's obvious. Quicksilver, instant life and the last one is whatever - depends on the budget really, you can start with a regular sulphur.

edit: leveling feels pretty smooth (if you're interested) - gives me hope.
Last edited by werchiel on Sep 24, 2020, 3:13:55 PM
heya,
so i have been messing around a bit,since you posted a build thats not even ending near to completion,however i only messed around with the skill tree.

am not new to the game,however i am new to making my own builds etc.
soo what i did is,i dropped all the staves nodes,some ignite nodes.

i invested those points more into HP/ES and some jewel nodes
do note the only reason i kept SEARING HEAT is the fact it gives crit chance.
i think ignite is meh in this game,it scales pretty bad in my opinion.

i also removed BEACON OF RUIN and switched it over PARAGON OF CALAMITY
mostly for reason like:
- ele reflect maps
- ele dmg life leech
- extra dmg
- and reduced ele dmg

i also added some shield nodes,the idea for this was making it up for some
defense stats on staffs,so you won't be all too squishy for the trade.
correct me if am wrong tho.

My idea was to go LL-ES build,so a shavronne's in this case with curses/buffs around blood magic,i guess you get the point.
dont forget you got mastermind of discord,so a triple herald active is decent
you get all 3 ele. damage i guess this makes EE somewhat more worth?
but will feel clunky i guess.

i hope this helps a bit,as i said i know how the game works,not how making builds works.
They reworked elementalist. I dont have a brain I just follow guides please fix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info