Error when trying to download

I click on the desktop icon (windows 7/64) and run as admin. PoE checks for resources... and either does not start to download or starts to download and I get the following message:

Error: Couldn't resolve the host name while downloading http://patch5.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/0.9.8.15/Metadata/Particles/monester_effects/rare_explode/fire/fire_mid.pet

I have all firewalls turned off and I opened up all ports that I could find mentioned through out the threads.

Any help would be appreciated.
I cannot seem to download that either.
Also not from any other patch[number] link.

Perhaps the file was moved on the server, I never had this issue.

patch5.pathofexile.com [173.193.53.197] is the IP here for this host.

You could check if you are able to resolve the host yourself, perhaps the URL can only be accessed through the updater.
Is there someone I should contact about this? Do I have any other options?
You could send an e-mail to rory@grindinggear.com, perhaps he can help you.

I don't see anything in the stickies that would help with this.
Rory suggested I try downloading at different location and I was able to download from my pc at work. Still no idea what is causing issues on my home ISP.
"
Hitem20 wrote:
I click on the desktop icon (windows 7/64) and run as admin. PoE checks for resources... and either does not start to download or starts to download and I get the following message:

Error: Couldn't resolve the host name while downloading http://patch5.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/0.9.8.15/Metadata/Particles/monester_effects/rare_explode/fire/fire_mid.pet

I have all firewalls turned off and I opened up all ports that I could find mentioned through out the threads.

Any help would be appreciated.

This error indicates there's a problem with the domain name servers you're using. This is most likely a problem with your ISPs DNS, although some routers/modems will run their own DNS proxy so that could also be the problem.

One solution would be to try using Google's free DNS, details and configuration instructions are here:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Hope that helps.
Thomas,

Anything I can do with my current setup rather than switching to google ips? I am able to play the game, but not down load from the cliet. Also when I sign into play, at the log in screen the messages at the bottom of char selection does not load.
Im geting the same thing.
"
Hitem20 wrote:
Thomas,

Anything I can do with my current setup rather than switching to google ips? I am able to play the game, but not down load from the cliet. Also when I sign into play, at the log in screen the messages at the bottom of char selection does not load.

How are you able to play the game if you can't download the client?

I'm not sure which messages you mean on the character selection screen. Do you mean at the bottom left where it says "Connecting to server" and "Authenticating user" etc?

It's actually kind of odd that you can even get to the forums if you can't resolve those hosts... could you try open a command window and try these commands:

nslookup pathofexile.com
nslookup patch5.pathofexile.com

and paste the output?
I did as instructed and downloaded it from another source and transferred it to my home pc.

I also can not DL the new patch at my home pc. As I said before all ports are open, I have zero problem downloading any data with any other games or services.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info