[3.12 Heist] Help me build the best selfcast ignite discharger

Hello,
with the buffs to discharge I thought about finally coming back to this skill.
Tried it some leagues ago as a Juggernaut and before as CoC assassin, but now I saw a working build as Elementalist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d7isjm/all_the_charges_ignite_discharge_vs_shaper/
It looks pretty good, but maybe there are some things to make it even better.

1. How about cluster jewels? Are there any worth taking on discharge?
2. It's missing Vaal RF for more dmg on bosses.
3. It's not using any curses, flammability, ele weakness?
4. How about witchfire brew as unique flask?
5. Do you think elementalist is the best ascendancy, compared to trickster, chieftain and Juggernaut?

But the most important question is, how do you sustain charges well enough for bosses.
All things I see are charge generation on kill with Blue Dream and Blood Rage and Charge conversion with Volls. With the enduring cry nerf it could become really hard in Heist. Farrul's Fur is hard to obtain and I dont want to rely on it fully.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Sep 16, 2020, 10:57:43 AM
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2021, 2:48:13 PM
I've been thinking about a discharge build myself, but lack of charge generation does seem to rule out the witch as a class. You'll have more chance with a Hiero (combine totems with hand cast Discharge) or a Jugg (endurance charges only).

Anyway you're gone need:
- Inya's Epiphany
- Voll's devotion (gone be expensive in coming league)
- Romira's Banquet

Enduring Cry would have been a nice one for endurance charge generation, but they nerfed that one with a CD of 8 sec (way to go, ggg).

Last edited by bablo on Sep 16, 2020, 7:13:56 AM
Enduring cry is not death. Some war cry nodes, some second wind, done.

Why not chieaftain? It has end-generation and gain on kill. plus good dmg nodes.
"
bablo wrote:
I've been thinking about a discharge build myself, but lack of charge generation does seem to rule out the witch as a class.

If OP is deadset on playing as a witch you can generate Power Charges with Occultist Forbidden Power node. This gives you a power charge every time you spend 200 mana. If you can make it so self cast discharge costs more than 200 you are set (maybe have to use archmage support and/or fevered mind jewel to increase mana cost enough).

Voll's Devotion amulet will give you an endurance charge every time you lose a power charge so should be able to sustain charges you will ping pong between having power charges and having endurance charges.

If you want the discharge from power charges to ignite you probably need to use Stormfire ring or similar (so the lightning damage ignites).

Unfortunately the rest of occultist doesn't synergize well with Ignites, profane bloom explosions are pretty nice and +1 curse will help out a little but I think the last lab does almost nothing for your built so really playing with only 6/8's of an ascendancy.
Last edited by Slappy_Cheese on Sep 16, 2020, 9:27:59 AM
"
bablo wrote:

Enduring Cry would have been a nice one for endurance charge generation, but they nerfed that one with a CD of 8 sec (way to go, ggg).

TBH the bigger problem is the remove of getting always at elast 1 end charge even if there is no enemy around. That makes bossing quite hard.

"
oedifamily wrote:

Why not chieaftain? It has end-generation and gain on kill. plus good dmg nodes.

I think the damage of elementalist will be way superior. Plus you get shock and chill and lots of golems, which helps alot.

"
Slappy_Cheese wrote:

If OP is deadset on playing as a witch you can generate Power Charges with Occultist Forbidden Power node. This gives you a power charge every time you spend 200 mana. If you can make it so self cast discharge costs more than 200 you are set (maybe have to use archmage support and/or fevered mind jewel to increase mana cost enough).

If you want the discharge from power charges to ignite you probably need to use Stormfire ring or similar (so the lightning damage ignites).

Occultist kinda sucks except for generating power charges. The build in my posted link uses Farrul's Fur (Gain up to your maximum number of Frenzy and Power Charges when you gain Cat's Stealth) to generate frenzy and power charges and voll's devotion to convert to endurance charges.
The problem is Farrul's is pretty expensive and till then there is no good charge sustain as elementalist.
But maybe you could play as ignite fireball or flameblast, till farming up to farrul's and then swap to discharge.
Don't think there is a viable/comfortable way to play discharge as elementalist without it.

The plan is to make all damage ignite with Hrimburn (cold damage ignites) and stormfire (lightning damage ignites). With EE and the buffed discharge damage it should be around 5 mio burning damage per sec.
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Sep 16, 2020, 10:19:38 AM
How about Assassin with his power charge generation? Also wouldn't high crit chance with Stormfire make igniting very easy?
Pros of Elementalist:

- 100% ailment avoidance with 4 golems up
- Almost unkillable golems.
- Tons of defensiveness and damage through golems (Flame, Lightning, Chaos and Stonegolem)
120% increased bonuses of them through Elementalist and Golem Commander.
Means with +1 minion helmet and level 21 gems.
Stone golem: 255,2 life regen per second (+2,8% life regen from tree)
Flame golem: 44% increased damage
Lightning Golem: 22% increased attack and cast speed
Chaso Golem: 11% additional physical damage reduction
meat shield support for taunting enemies + 10% less damage to you
- Strong chill and shock from Beacon of ruin

Other defence layers:
- 6 endurance charges (8 possible)
- MoM with almost no reserved mana except for clarity (Malevolence is in essence worm, aspect of cat free cause farrul's fur)
- Basalt Flask
- clarity watchers eye
- a bit of dual wield block
- cinderswallow regen
- aspect of the cat (15% damage avoidance, reduced visibility)
- 100% stun immunity Brine King + Cinder Swallow Veiled Mod

So on paper it looks quite good, but to get there it takes some time and heavy investment.
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Sep 16, 2020, 11:51:50 AM
"
How about Assassin with his power charge generation? Also wouldn't high crit chance with Stormfire make igniting very easy?

Getting 100% ignite chance is quite easy atm so no need for crits. So going assassin would be kinda wasted.
If you go for non ignite cast on crit build, it's highly recommended.
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Sep 16, 2020, 5:20:12 PM
"
Lord_Amandus wrote:
Pros of Elementalist:

- 100% ailment avoidance with 4 golems up
- Almost unkillable golems.
- Tons of defensiveness and damage through golems (Flame, Lightning, Chaos and Stonegolem)
120% increased bonuses of them through Elementalist and Golem Commander.
Means with +1 minion helmet and level 21 gems.
Stone golem: 255,2 life regen per second (+2,8% life regen from tree)
Flame golem: 44% increased damage
Lightning Golem: 22% increased attack and cast speed
Chaso Golem: 11% additional physical damage reduction
meat shield support for taunting enemies + 10% less damage to you
- Strong chill and shock from Beacon of ruin

Other defence layers:
- 6 endurance charges (8 possible)
- MoM with almost no reserved mana except for clarity (Malevolence is in essence worm, aspect of cat free cause farrul's fur)
- Basalt Flask
- clarity watchers eye
- a bit of dual wield block
- cinderswallow regen
- aspect of the cat (15% damage avoidance, reduced visibility)
- 100% stun immunity Brine King + Cinder Swallow Veiled Mod

So on paper it looks quite good, but to get there it takes some time and heavy investment.

Wow, we are definitely on the same page here.

Elemancer looks so fucking strong for this ... Blue Dream + Farruls + Volls for charge generation.

Enormous investment to make this all work though ... i have no effing idea how to leaguestart with this.
I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect
Last edited by Orich on Sep 17, 2020, 1:05:58 PM
you are better of going chieftain if you want to start with this as it has inbuild endurance charge generation. You can get 6 endurance charges without a problem (7 with anointment) and just have a massive fire damage hit for the ignite. No need for stormfire, Hrimburn or Farrul's fur, which are all required for the elementalist build to work.

Besides a lot of the pros from elementalist aren't that amazing:

skitterbots does the same as your chil/shock from Beacon of Ruim. You dont really got another aura to use anyway besides malevolance.

Your golems will die in high red maps.

Chieftain gives better defenses: 10% of physical damage taken as fire, and a shit ton of regen.

Better damage (25% fire damage multiplier, 10% more from Cover enemies in Ash, 15% more from losing an endurance charge in the last 8 secs)

The only thing you miss are no immunity against chill/freez and shock, and some crit change/cast speed. Which would be nice but atleast it doesn't require for your golems to be up 24/7.

Besides you can still transition into all the stormfire, Hrimburn, Farrul's fur gear later on and be totally fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info