Thiccly Awesome!!! Great way to helo the self casters of the POE world :)_
Holla at me on twitch, twitter, & youtube @beats4president

Always trading :)

Thank you GGG for the Great Game
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
They seem mechanically interesting. But wonder how well they will fit into zoom zoom meta at the top end of POE's builds.

They won't and they shouldn't. There are people enjoying slower playstyles believe it or not.

Not that I’m not believing. And I think you missed my point. I just find that it’s a missed opportunity that people who wants to do “well” in the game may never consider using these skills.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
If these are all spells using cast speed that really sucks. I guess the attack speed on my ranger is useless for utility again. Where are the Bow user's utility skills?

Barricade, spike pit, anything not using cast speed please.

"Enemies that die within the area affected by the Void Sphere will have their corpses sucked into the void."

Hopefully, this just worded wrong, or rather, I am reading it wrong and this is not like what use to happen with enemies a long time ago when you shattered them.
D3 spells. Now that's more like it. Not like the crappy curse additions.
<*)))><
Hopefully these skills reveal an intention to design some aspects of future leagues to complement a slower playstyle.

I'm well aware that lots of the most recent leagues have required players to be moving an average of X screenlengths per minute, or fail the event. Breach/Delirium/transport and research parts of Betrayal/Synthesis/Incursion/Legion all required you to kill and move fast, and those were my least favourite aspects of the leagues.

The thing that i found unlikable about them was that if a player preffered to make a build that moved slow and killed everything (think Terminator, Mike Myers, Highlander, Luke Cage), and could still survive and kill all the enemies given enough time, these events would not be possible to succeed. A failure because of time restraints in these leagues felt doubly bad because you weren't only losing out on pace to the faster characters, you were not allowed access to the end of that league.

I preferred ones with tough encounters, that lasted a while. I'm thinking at least long enough that flask management might become an issue. Small boss arenas with enemies that can soak up some damage. Shaper/Elder/Kitava/fortification part of Betrayal/Hall of Grandmasters/Pale council/Atziri/Delve bosses all have aspects of this.

Last edited by magpye on Sep 10, 2020, 3:25:54 AM
"
Jerle wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
They seem mechanically interesting. But wonder how well they will fit into zoom zoom meta at the top end of POE's builds.

They won't and they shouldn't. There are people enjoying slower playstyles believe it or not.

Not that I’m not believing. And I think you missed my point. I just find that it’s a missed opportunity that people who wants to do “well” in the game may never consider using these skills.

I think the point is that doing well shouldn't necessarily equate to going fast. Surviving and defeating the enemy is still a success in most games. (see my other comment for details)

I'm in favour of skills that don't further push the gap between those rushing through everything and ignoring 90% of both hinderances and rewards the game offers, and those that take the game slower and end up with more difficulty and less reward.

Anything that increases the playability of slower playstyle is good, in my book, as it's an indication that we won't have to cosplay as Flash forever.
As long as delirium and legion remain core slow play will always be worse
"
Toooooooobad8 wrote:
I am the only one that think GGG is adding 'Supportive slow gameplay skill' in the game in preparation for PoE2? Because ATM those are not worth using.

Like in the current state of the game this is pretty much useless. The game is too fast, you either 1 shot or get one shot.

I hope GGG take the opportunity to rework the gameplay pace in PoE 2 and make all those new awesome skill relevant. It could really benefit a change from the zoom zoom gameplay.

But Poe2 will just be a new campaign it still leads to the same shared endgame as poe1 sure it will have improvements and new things but the endgame will be shared that means poe2 will also be zoom zoom ftw :D
Wait I'm confused, how does or would Void Sphere work to draw "powerful monsters" aka bosses in; if Chance to Flee doesn't even work on them? Cause if it doesn't work for bosses then what's the point of this skill when we already have Vortex?

In fact, when you really think about it, in the video Void Sphere looks like you can only cast ONE + have a cooldown which makes this even more irrelevant of a skill compared to Vortex because we can use multiple projectiles via Frostbolt. Does Void Sphere work the same way perhaps? With another projectile skill, it's able to multiple?

Also does Void Sphere get increase damage from chaos mods or spell mods or projectile mods? It says physical + chaos, so does that mean physical projectile support gem + deadly ailments work with it?
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info