3.11.2 Technical Patch

Last edited by Voltaxic on Sep 13, 2020, 1:14:25 AM
Is there torrent version for download? I cant update, getting error "couldn't resolve host name while downloading" already 5 times in a row.
"
omgree wrote:
Is there torrent version for download? I cant update, getting error "couldn't resolve host name while downloading" already 5 times in a row.

Uninstall and reinstall man. I mean, its primarily a reinstall anyway soooo, don't see why not?
Thank you guys so much for this patch!

I really appreciate all the work the team does. Patching should be so much smoother now. You guys are crushing it.
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
omgree wrote:

Uninstall and reinstall man. I mean, its primarily a reinstall anyway soooo, don't see why not?

i've tried - didnt help.

"
switching to Google Public DNS (IPv4 DNS settings-> 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

Probably worked for me, i hope. Already 21%+ and no errors!
Paper takes everything, on paper it looks great
In game its much worse than it was.
How can you improve something when its much worse ??
It's like joke, spit in face.
Check the global chanel people are changing ressolution down turning sound off etc. is that the improvements you made ?
Just to be able to play like before.
I'm lucky enough because i had just get resolution down, But I guess there are plenty of people who played on the edge and now for them its unplayable.
I think this game is f2p model of business that usually means you're aiming for plenty of players, and the easiest way to do it is to make the game playable for low end PCs.

GGG you should skip one or two expansions in favour of optimization.
because that always was and is the biggest issue in this game.
Last edited by Felipekox on Sep 11, 2020, 3:50:03 PM
"
RipleyScroll wrote:
"
Tidalkraken wrote:
Since the last patch, no longer able to launch the game under Linux :(

Same here. The improvements sound cool and all but I'd like to be able to play on Linux. :D

Manjaro 20.1
Proton 5.0-9

It works well at my end (Gentoo). What I have read in some places point to some Steam-related problem. I am not using steam, are you? I am also using wine directly, instead of under proton, which could be relevant.
Bad patch dude, wow, you delete some code? xD

All seriousness, this is running real bad for my standards. Like, really bad. I have no idea what you did. And I also can't even comment on what might be the issue, since youve changed it seems the entirety of the back end or something.

This patch for me has pretty much reverted all the good your Vulkan upgrade did.

Steady fps? Good luck. I am getting higher fps here and there reaching the 210 or something, but crazy stutter, and dropping as low as 30fps? WOW! Just... WOW!

Even with dynamic resolution enabled this is kinda sad.

Really, baffled as to what you guys done. Whatever steadiness was added with Vulkan was thrown out the window here. The game has never felt this jumpy even on my old rig.

Man, real bad patch bro xD

PC Specs:

Intel Core i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
16gb 2400Mhz DDR4 (dual channel, so 2x 8GB)
GTX 1060 6GB

AND I'm on an SSD...

Like, there is literally nothing I can think of that this rig should struggle with for this game. I play Doom Eternal on better fps for crying out loud on max visuals, I should be balling here, or at the very least play like I did before. Which, well, it was actually balling xD

At least the textures indeed look cleaner and all, but really, I have nooooo idea what you guys went and broke with this patch. Gonna try it out on a HDD tomorrow if I'm not bored.

Bummer.

Anyway, take care hf all.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Sep 11, 2020, 5:52:45 PM
Oh, and not a steam client either. As clean an install as it can get...
Oh, and another thing... stutter was not netcode related, steady ms/ping all along. FPS meter was going nuts. Even in my hideout. Even leapslamming around in my hideout which has generally higher fps dropped me to 30fps at moments. DX11 was even worse, almost completely not playable.

Delirium on Vulkan also froze and got me killed... Then I went in and froze and got me killed again... Then again.... So thanx for that 30% xp loss on lvl 91 btw :P

(then again, why am I testing on a lvl 91 character? Well, youve been consistent for my rig for a long time... didnt expect such a drop in performance... And also, why go on a lower lvl? It plays ok on smaller areas. I need to see what its like on end game content and visuals and mobs, etc... and, the results are not good)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info