Path of Exile in the Epic Games Store

To get more players I guess
Knowing their history, will you be offering exclusive MTX, exclusive PoE2 betas, etc. on the Epic store?

Will PoE2 release on a timed exclusive on the Epic store?

Will you be cancelling PoE2 from a Steam release?

If ALL 3 of these questions are answered "NO", then the more the merrier :)

But honestly, please answer those questions up front.
"
ghymini wrote:
Considering that Tencent owns over 86% of GGG and 40% of Epic, I'm honestly surprised this hasn't already happened.

Exactly my way of thinking. I think more games majority owned by Tencent with no affiliation to EGS will become "available" in that launcher.
what about steam client for SEA players?
A casual PoE guy with some virtual achievement:
- Have a character LEVEL 1 0 0 in: Ranger, Marauder, Shadow, Witch, Templar, Scion and Duelist.
- Rank 1 Juggernault in Atlas Invasion Event
- Rank 5 Juggernault in Delirium Every Where Event
- Rank 4 Chieftain in Endless Heist SSF
"
what about steam client for SEA players?
Funny you should mention that. I recently emailed them to inquire as to why PoE Steam is still region-locked for many of us, and their responses were somewhat bizarre.

From what I could gather though, don't expect it to change any time soon.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Will the EGS version be better than, just as horrible as, or even worse than the Steam version when it comes to updates?

I'm currently using the standalone because Steam's constant huge patches and regular backups of the whole game can kill an HDD, but being on a dynamic IP with two alternating ISPs on top of that the constant requirements to re-enter my password and verify my ID with an email code are really wearing me out.

I'd switch back to Steam, but well, I like having my SSD in a working state (and also my internet is slow so the huge patches are a no-no). If the EGS version doesn't suffer from this, however, I'd switch to that one in a heartbeat. I'm already doing it with MTGA and haven't had a single issue with it.
The Tizzysawr is listening...
"
Tizzysawr wrote:
Will the EGS version be better than, just as horrible as, or even worse than the Steam version when it comes to updates?

I'm currently using the standalone because Steam's constant huge patches and regular backups of the whole game can kill an HDD, but being on a dynamic IP with two alternating ISPs on top of that the constant requirements to re-enter my password and verify my ID with an email code are really wearing me out.

I'd switch back to Steam, but well, I like having my SSD in a working state (and also my internet is slow so the huge patches are a no-no). If the EGS version doesn't suffer from this, however, I'd switch to that one in a heartbeat. I'm already doing it with MTGA and haven't had a single issue with it.

This. Exactly my thought.
oh so they will be a high chance for the fortnite tooddler to join this community,...you better put dance emoji that tiktok-able bro otherwise they wont like this game.
Steam updates are supposed to be better with 3.12, if things go according to plan. Bex mentioned that somewhere on Reddit recently. Fairly certain it was her anyway, but it could have been another dev (it's been a few weeks).

Edit: Apparently, a few weeks=9 days lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ic81oi/any_news_on_fixing_patching_on_steam/
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Aug 27, 2020, 9:40:16 PM
...huh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info