beta key for a lucky person

So I invited someone to play with me but they still have not got the game downloaded and I would feel bad if one person went without a beta test while I have a key sitting here.

So here is the deal, I want to give this key but I have some rules.

1. no begging
2. no spamming
3. no pming
4. all stories must be original

Right, with that over and done with, I would like to test out the party functions and have a chat with the lucky winner.

Here is the competition, I want someone to write a proper short story with correct punctuation and grammar.

This will end as soon as I find an interesting enough story and if there are two or three interesting stories I will front extra money for more beta keys.

Good luck everyone and may the best story win.

Example story.

The night was dark, it was cold and gloomy but I continued my journey. My sword glimmered in the moons light as I searched for the cave of doom.

There was a an eerie feeling as I heard a loud crack in the tree branches above, a giant bat pushed itself off the branches it was apparent I was not alone.

I held my sword up to defend myself as I began to hear the crunching of leaves, someone approached. I yelled "Who's there?", A shadowy figure continued to approach, "It's just me boy". I realised it was just gimly, the old man who lived in the nearby village.

I begun to turn in relief and heard the sound of a sword coming out of the sheath, Gimly whispered "We have company". I begun to sweat as I saw the light of a torch between the bushes and the glimmer of at least six swords.

They were in guard formation wearing plate armour the tabard of the kingdom of sarus, "So then what do we have here", The apparent leader had lost a few teeth and looked as if he had not taken a bath for a month.

"We hereby declare that this is the kings land and we want you to pay tribute", "You wish us to pay tribute for that loathsome king who stole our lands?" I said with anger. "Yes we don't like peasants walking our land without paying tribute" The leader spat. "And if we refuse" I began to grin.

The leader lunged at me with fierce force but his armour made him too heavy, I dodged as he began to trip forward I quickly grabbed my dagger from the back of my belt as I spun towards him and rushed to stab him in the back of the neck while he was disoriented.

The bold move made the other guards fearful, they began to run.

This isn't a short story but I needed to finish it.
Last edited by Smodahf on Apr 24, 2012, 2:05:57 AM
Awaken! Born anew, I stepped foot across a wide plain. My feet shaken from the anticipation of what was about to unfold.

I knew what laid ahead, and what my end would bring. I put on my helmet that I've held at my side for what's seemed like years.

Eagerly I stepped in formation, hearing the cold breaths of my fellow soldiers. Hearing the screams and roars in their minds.

The trumpet sounded. I rushed forwards, yelling, grasping my sword, I sighted my first opponent. With a mighty swing I heard his last breath, as I withdrew my sword from his body.

I felt angry and empowered. Why was I doing this? What good can come of this? It was then my enemy took advantage, and thrust his weapon into my stomach. My last thoughts escaping without a sound. It was here I met my doom.

Yay I made a better story
Last edited by tourtiseboy on Apr 24, 2012, 2:09:43 AM
Well english is not my first language but lets try for fun. This are just 3 pieces of a story i made long ago.

I was lost in the dark, walking alone in an endless path. A small doll fell in my hands and with it i started to talk, i then realized that i was born in the light to live in the dark...

...one day the path ended, the doll at my side in this bright light. The first day all was white, the second it turned red and on the third i was alone once again...

... i was lost in the dark, walking again alone in this endless path. No light reach me for i dont wish to see it, the doll still at my side...
Sounds like you're trying to get someone to do your homework for you.
Nope, this is the best way I figured out how to give a beta key away. So you can either write a story or go try posting somewhere else.
Last edited by Smodahf on Apr 24, 2012, 1:51:34 AM
The Cave .

young men were certain that Allah, by His Mercy, would protect them from harm. They sought refuge with Allah, tabaraka wa ta^ala, and started making supplication to Him and said, “O Allah, grant us Mercy from You, and prepare (create) good mattes for us.”
They continued walking until they reached the cave. There they found fruits and water. They ate and drank. Then they lay down to rest. A few moments later, they felt sleepy. Their heads dropped down and they slept heavily on the floor with their eyes open. Night after day, years passed one after the other and the young men were in slumber; sound asleep. They were prevented from hearing anything.
The gust of the wind would not annoy them and the rumble of the thunder would not awaken them. When the sun rose it did not hit them with its high heat, as a sign of their rank. When rising, it moved to the right of the cave; and when setting, it passed by its left. They did not get much of its heat or of its sunbeams, neither at the beginning of the day nor at its end. As a result, their color did not change and their clothe did not wear out.
Because their eyes were wide open, if one were to look at them, one would think them awake. In reality, they were heavy with sleep. Their eyes were left open, because it was better for their eyes to be exposed to the air so that they would not get impaired with lengthy closure.
It was also narrated that an honorable angel was in charge of turning them around. They were turned on their left and right sides twice a year, so their bodies would not decay. If one was to look at them, one would be frightened by them and run away. People could not see them and could not approach them.

After three hundred nine years of sleep, Allah woke them up. They could not stand the hunger they had. They asked one another about the length of the stay. One of them said, “We stayed one day or less than a day.” Another one said, “We went to sleep this morning and now the sun is getting ready to set.” The fourth one said, “Let us stop wondering. Allah knows best how long we stayed. Anyhow, let us send one of us with some money to bring us some food. That person must be alert and smart. No one should recognize him, or else he would be followed. Then King Duqyanus and his followers would be told. They would know of our place and would inflict various types of torture on us until they deviate us from our Religion.”

a True Story of Muslims region

"
madmoyo wrote:
The Cave .

young men were certain that Allah, by His Mercy, would protect them from harm. They sought refuge with Allah, tabaraka wa ta^ala, and started making supplication to Him and said, “O Allah, grant us Mercy from You, and prepare (create) good mattes for us.”
They continued walking until they reached the cave. There they found fruits and water. They ate and drank. Then they lay down to rest. A few moments later, they felt sleepy. Their heads dropped down and they slept heavily on the floor with their eyes open. Night after day, years passed one after the other and the young men were in slumber; sound asleep. They were prevented from hearing anything.
The gust of the wind would not annoy them and the rumble of the thunder would not awaken them. When the sun rose it did not hit them with its high heat, as a sign of their rank. When rising, it moved to the right of the cave; and when setting, it passed by its left. They did not get much of its heat or of its sunbeams, neither at the beginning of the day nor at its end. As a result, their color did not change and their clothe did not wear out.
Because their eyes were wide open, if one were to look at them, one would think them awake. In reality, they were heavy with sleep. Their eyes were left open, because it was better for their eyes to be exposed to the air so that they would not get impaired with lengthy closure.
It was also narrated that an honorable angel was in charge of turning them around. They were turned on their left and right sides twice a year, so their bodies would not decay. If one was to look at them, one would be frightened by them and run away. People could not see them and could not approach them.

After three hundred nine years of sleep, Allah woke them up. They could not stand the hunger they had. They asked one another about the length of the stay. One of them said, “We stayed one day or less than a day.” Another one said, “We went to sleep this morning and now the sun is getting ready to set.” The fourth one said, “Let us stop wondering. Allah knows best how long we stayed. Anyhow, let us send one of us with some money to bring us some food. That person must be alert and smart. No one should recognize him, or else he would be followed. Then King Duqyanus and his followers would be told. They would know of our place and would inflict various types of torture on us until they deviate us from our Religion.”

a True Story of Muslims region

Is this an original story or out of a book?

All stories posted must be original and not copy/pasted.
Last edited by Smodahf on Apr 24, 2012, 1:55:03 AM
Sad Love Story

Jack was a mechanic in a small shop. He lived with his friend Samuel. They both stayed in a small dilapidated house. It was a tiny place that barely had space for the two friends. Samuel worked in a book shop. Together they managed their day to day expenses anyhow. Samuel had big dreams but Jack knew that big dreams were not for them but for people who were well off and had families to support.

Opposite to their house was a mansion. Lady Georgia and her family lived there. She was the most beautiful lady that Jack and Samuel had seen in their life. One rainy night, cupid aims its arrow on Jack. Lady Georgia heard a beautiful song being sung by one of the boys who stayed near their mansion.

She could swear that she had never heard a voice so soulful and melodious before. The Lady fell in love with the voice and came down with a laced umbrella to find out who had such a magical voice. Jack had finished singing and was gazing at the sky, wishing it would stop raining as the ceiling of his house was leaking.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, which was answered by Samuel. Lady Georgia came in hurriedly and enquired about the voice behind the soulful song. Jack felt ashamed of him and answered that it was his, not meeting her big and beautiful eyes. She smiled and left only to return the next morning.

Her smile was like the first rays of dawn. Jack tried hard to concentrate but couldn’t. She was excited as she had some news for the velvet voiced boy. The excitement in her voice was evident as she spoke to Jack about his first music album. Jack, the poor guy; was too shocked to answer.

Days passed by, weeks flew and the bond they shared only grew stronger with time. Lady Georgia tried her best to make Jack a famous singer. The day of recording was nearing and the love birds were too excited. The Lady would dote on him. They were madly in love. Destiny though, had different plans for the two. Two days before the recording, Jack had a chest pain followed by a high fever. He insisted on having the recording on the same day, as if he knew something would go wrong. He went on insisting until Lady Georgia accepted it and arranged it for him. Jack recorded his songs perfectly that day. His health went on failing day by day. The doctors suspected Tuberculosis at its last stage. The music album was yet to be released. Lady Georgia got best doctors from all over the world to save her beloved but she could see that his health was only deteriorating. She had lost all hopes to save the person she loved the most in her life. It was Friday, the 15th when the album was released and was an instant hit. But, Jack did not live to see his fame or enjoy the moment with his lady love. He passed away on Friday night. The same day that made him famous.

Our relationship is often tested in the hands of time. You never know when things may turn sour between you and your beloved or your smooth sailing love story faces rough weather. You may actually lose the person you love the most in your life to ill fate.
Once an old lady lost her eyesight and became blind. She called a doctor and agreed to pay him a very big amount if he cured her.

But she will not give a single penny if she is not cured. Doctor daily came to her house for treatment.

He started stealing lady's furniture and other valu­able things from the house. He took away everyday one thing from lady's house.

So he delayed curing the lady. He cured the lady after he had removed all the furniture and valuable articles from the lady's house.

Now doctor demanded his fee from the lady. But she refused to pay the fees and said that she is not fully cured.

Doctor registered a case against her in the court. On being asked by the judge why she was not paying the fee, she told the court that her eye sight is not fully restored.

She could not see her furniture and other articles in the house. The judge was very clever. He understood the matter and punished the doctor.
"
Zisa wrote:
Once an old lady lost her eyesight and became blind. She called a doctor and agreed to pay him a very big amount if he cured her.

But she will not give a single penny if she is not cured. Doctor daily came to her house for treatment.

He started stealing lady's furniture and other valu­able things from the house. He took away everyday one thing from lady's house.

So he delayed curing the lady. He cured the lady after he had removed all the furniture and valuable articles from the lady's house.

Now doctor demanded his fee from the lady. But she refused to pay the fees and said that she is not fully cured.

Doctor registered a case against her in the court. On being asked by the judge why she was not paying the fee, she told the court that her eye sight is not fully restored.

She could not see her furniture and other articles in the house. The judge was very clever. He understood the matter and punished the doctor.

This is a silly story, I do kind of overlook the grammar mistakes but yeah. Guys i'm being really honest here and not trolling but if you're going to make a funny story make one like grandma was skateboarding on a rainbow or something
Last edited by Smodahf on Apr 24, 2012, 3:05:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info