Any MMA fans?

So, do any of you PoE players love MMA. I have been watching this amazing sport for many many years. I personally feel it is the best sport out there. It puts man against man and brings out the best in him. All aspects of your character will be shown in the ring. I have personally done a little MMA myself and the degree of difficulty is astonishing. BJJ is my bread and butter as they say. I boxed for a few years, but realized it wasn't my thing. Then I got choked out... I realized that was interesting, but how did it happen... So, I started training and fell in love with the sport. So, how do you feel about MMA as a whole or just a martial art or maybe something else like wrestling. (Not professional wrestling, amateur wrestling.)
I am one and I love it.

cheers
"
chrysanthy wrote:
I am one and I love it.

cheers

Fantastic! Have you ever tried any aspects of MMA?
I was thinking of becoming a fan until my own martial arts class started incorporating it into training last night.

I am now too sore to like it very much.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
I was thinking of becoming a fan until my own martial arts class started incorporating it into training last night.

I am now too sore to like it very much.

I know the feeling and pain all to well. Call me weird I grew to enjoy the pain. Accept it and I promise you will not only learn more about yourself, but your body as well. Keep moving forward and learn. There is always potential for growth. The sport is continuously evolving. You will become a better and stronger person. I'm sure you fully understand what I mean by that.
Indeed I do. I have never actually watched any MMA (I've seen Bloodsport many times though!), but I appreciate the modern nature of it. Not really a big fan of groundwork myself, but there's no denying it's a fundamental part of learning how to defend yourself.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Oh it is very much apart of defense. Really BJJ is primarily defense. That can be argued, but for the most part I think it is. What is your primary discipline?
An unfortunately modernised form of Iga Ryu Ninjutsu. I did it avidly as a kid (14-19yo) but life then got in the way. 15 years later I've been pulled back in by an old friend. It's always been a relatively 'multidisciplinary' art, but now the emphasis has definitely shifted towards more street scenarios influenced by my current sensei's MMA experience.

On the other hand, we still do sword techniques, so I'm okay with that. :)

Now if only I could have my 16 year old body back...!

I mostly did competition Judo with a slathering of other more combat oriented styles for many years. I was a big fan of early UFC and televised MMA, and still prefer the fewer rules format. I'd also like to see more open weight classes (at least one,) or +-1 weight class matches.

I've seen popular MMA evolve from individual styles competing against each other in interesting ways, to what we have now, which is essentially an aggregate of the most effective MMA techniques that everyone learns. It's sorta sad really, but it makes sense why it happened.

That said, watching Silva fight is like watching Neo in the matrix. I'd love to actually measure his reaction times.. they seem supernatural. He can literally dodge people and punch them in the face, catch a kick and punch them in the face, get bored and kick them in the face... what he does is magic.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I never could get into this stuff and a lot of me believes that UFC fights are scripted for the most part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info