Level 90 bow melee marauder build more dps then Lions eye build for 1/100th the price.

Hey guys I'm a level 90 marauder on softcore, I was screwing around with some stuff and found that a 3 gcp chin sol with the right build could actually provide similar if not more dps then a lions eye build, so I figured for all you poor folks out there it might be worth a try.

For starters here's my build. Note that I use a Kaom's heart so I don't pick up as many health nodes becuse of it, but for those of you without the luxury of this bp, you can just drop some dps and pick up some more health.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDH0OPA6tEH8UIBRxGNsZLhm0Gjga2x0UIWAn7Si1KU8ppSyFLOkyCTKJNuk6UkCgQ5xKfVBHUFBUSVWpVcZWBFb6Vw1X4lhjWfNaGluvXz9gS2CIYVJjp2aeZ6BnvXKpdEF08Xbnd-V82YKbhmCHdozPj0aQVZe0m6GezZ_LogCkwqcIpzCnhKyqrLq4k7ndvea-p8Aaxp7G2MrTzZjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh3Q3dRt7G37_jaudS6mLsOO4O7w7vTvAf8i_z3fZI-WP6sfrS_E78xQ==

Key to the build comes from
. Mine as you can see is only 4 link and my dps is equal to the dps of my 5 linked frenzy with Lionseye glare. The melee combat damage bonus stacks with the point blank bonus creating absolute destruction. In addition, the knockback effect makes it so that with shock stacks from lightning arrow you will be constantly pushing back and stunning mobs keeping them at exactly melee range without having to actually take any of the hits. For instance, when golems try rolling into me with this build they simply roll in place and sometimes they even moonwalk backwards.

Gear is important, but not ridiculously important for this build. The key is to stack as much HP, resists and ele dmg as you can get, but due to the fact if you have full frenzy stacks you'll be attacking so fast and knocking mobs back so much you should rarel'y be getting hit. I'll link my gear for some ideas.

GEAR
Spoiler

If any questions feel free to post, I'll try to respond as I see them. I hope some of the poorer folks in the world can find this build useful and save themselves the 16 exalt+ of Lionseye and arguably have more dps and surviability in the end to boot.
hey,

i have read somewhere in the forum u cant cumulate chin sol + point blank, u confirm ?

How would RoA be with this bow? 100% more damage all of the time (if you're shooting right on yourself / tanking mobs)
y chin sol is way better than lyoneye once you get enough damage spread out overall on your gear
it's a bit dangerous on hc though, dmg too high
when playing with life leech I have 14 k and it's really dangerous (without kaoms though) and you can probably achieve 30k equivalent with a chin sol
Last edited by Pam on Mar 27, 2013, 2:16:33 AM
"
pantherz wrote:
hey,

i have read somewhere in the forum u cant cumulate chin sol + point blank, u confirm ?

Not true. They stack.
"
Ellerean wrote:
How would RoA be with this bow? 100% more damage all of the time (if you're shooting right on yourself / tanking mobs)

I was thinking of changing things up and trying this, based upon what I've seen so far if specced appropriately it could be pretty impressive.
dumb of course it does more dps you're closer again you're softcore so that doesn't matter much dps is irrelevant on scrubcore
Are you an idiot? The best thing about "scrubcore" is not having to be anal about speccing defense and having fun with glass cannons. Saying dps is irrelevant on softcore makes no sense... thats the point of playing softcore.
"
yeaitsjohnny wrote:
dumb of course it does more dps you're closer again you're softcore so that doesn't matter much dps is irrelevant on scrubcore

NerdAlert has gone to status red on u.
IGN: Seze
"
Ellerean wrote:

I'm currently running ROA/chin sol/point blank, it works pretty decent. The problem honestly is combating the knockback from chinsol pushing them too far to where you lose the damage bonus. It can be a bit squishy (no kaom's here) if you pull a large group in maps, but my experience has pretty much been, as long as you are attacking and leeching life, pop a life flask and granite flask : by the time they expire the whole room will be dead.
ign : ironicobject / ironobject

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info