[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I think the only difference is the 23% quality, practically it wouldn't make much of difference, but theoretically yes, that's an improvement.

Well....if you have 5 perfectly rolled jewels (was that done through harvest or through a LOT of divines?) not having 23% is almost criminal :)

More seriously: I do not understand the Divine Flesh calculations.

Divine flesh: All Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield, 50% of Elemental Damage taken as Chaos Damage, +5% to maximum Chaos Resistance.

The loss of ES makes you move from 8K HP+ES to 6.4K HP.

Physical damage is unaffected by Divine Flesh, so there you simply lose 1.6K EHP

Chaos damage goes right through your shield anyway.
If you get hit with 10.000 chaos damage
- with 75% chaos res you take 2500 damage
- with 80% chaos res you take 2000 damage
So there your EHP is 25% higher.
Note though that chaos damage assumes you normally have 0% resistance, and therefore is rarely very big. Exception: the poison cloud zombies in 1200+ depth Delve.

Elemental damage is where my hand calculations show a difference:
If you get hit with 10.000 elemental damage
- with Doryani you take 2.500 damage (based on 75 ele res) which is 31.75% of your 8K EHP
- with Divine Flesh you take 5000 as ele damage, (1250 after ele resist) and 5000 as chaos damage (1000 after chaos resist) for a total of 2.250 which is 35.2% of your 6.4K EHP

So Divine Flesh seems to be:
- worse with physical damage
- worse with elemental damage
- better with chaos damage (which is relatively rare)
so it seems to be worse to me than Doryani.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Mar 2, 2021, 8:46:41 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I think the only difference is the 23% quality, practically it wouldn't make much of difference, but theoretically yes, that's an improvement.

Well....if you have 5 perfectly rolled jewels (was that done through harvest or through a LOT of divines?) not having 23% is almost criminal :)

More seriously: I do not understand the Divine Flesh calculations.

Divine flesh: All Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield, 50% of Elemental Damage taken as Chaos Damage, +5% to maximum Chaos Resistance.

The loss of ES makes you move from 8K HP+ES to 6.4K HP.

Physical damage is unaffected by Divine Flesh, so there you simply lose 1.6K ES, though armor and physical damage reduction help considerably as long as your charges and flasks are up. If they are not, you lose the full 1.6K EHP.

Chaos damage is calibrated at 0% resistance, and therefore never so big that it makes a real difference if you have 75% or 80% (if it did, almost every non-200 ex build would be instakilled by it). Exception: the poison cloud zombies in 1200+ depth Delve.

Elemental damage is where my hand calculations show a difference:
If you get hit with 10.000 elemental damage
- with Doryani you take 2.500 damage (based on 75 ele res) which is 31.75% of your 8K EHP
- with Divine Flesh you take 5000 as ele damage, (1250 after ele resist) and 5000 as chaos damage (1000 after chaos resist) for a total of 2.250 which is 35.2% of your 6.4K EHP

So Divine Flesh seems to be more dangerous than the Doryani Timeless jewel

Perfectly rolled jewels are easy with harvest, 3 of 4 mods have different tags, each costs me like 1ex on average to get it max-rolled. But getting 21/23 on alternative quality jewels cost much more.

Regarding divine flesh, you shouldn't be calculating the damage based on percentage of EHP, because ES is not equivalent of life when it comes to actual game play. For detail, check the response I had with others in page 195.

Physical damage doesn't matter that much because our survival against physical damage is already high enough (because of capped phys reduction + immortal call) so that other damage types are actually the one that truly threatens us.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Mar 2, 2021, 8:55:06 AM
@JennoJoyce

I'm a bit confused by a section of your post where you say to anoint a ring with the 'spirit void' notable on the passive skill-tree.

The problem I have is that, rings don't accept 3-anointment bottles.
they only accept 2. And usually it says its for a tower defense.

So please explain how a person can anoint a ring with a notable like
the 'spirit void' when the game doesn't allow it?

Am I missing something here and doing something wrong?
Because I tried it and the game says it wont let me, because it wont allow it.

anyways, I'm currently playing with the medium build.
As I'm collecting parts for the end-game version.
I also see that you now went from 204M-dps to 319.5M dps. hummmm... :)
"
SirTwsted wrote:
@JennoJoyce

I'm a bit confused by a section of your post where you say to anoint a ring with the 'spirit void' notable on the passive skill-tree.

could you point out the section in the guide, also quote the text which I suggested spirit void anointment on ring?
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Mar 2, 2021, 12:41:47 PM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
ebirty1 wrote:
I was thinking about the curses on the rings. Aren't curses applied after calculating the first hit damage? that is, if our build relies on one-shots, then curses do not work in most cases? I felt it today when I made a 100% delirium map. the first slam did about 20% mobs hp while the second killed everyone. that is, is flamability on skitterbots more useful than flamability on the ring?

Oneshot is our goal but it's not that we rely on it.

Mechanic-wise, it's true that our second hit is much more powerful because of the flammability and ignite buff. But most of the time when our damage is good, the second hit isn't even necessary. So what you should do is to improve your damage.

Overall, oneshot is good, but it would be wrong to rely on it. If the first hit didn't kill, simply dash away, and hit again 2 seconds later :)

and we have no other way? which is less dependent on ignition and curses. my poe builds knowledge is too bad, so I'm just guessing. Maybe we can sacrifice big numbers in POB, but get higher quality of life?
I bet you wrote that a couple of times but too many pages why dex and qual and not something like additional crit chance with qual. I see it being used in many high tier weapons. I guessed its for gems but cant you get it from somewhere else?
"
shira3216 wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
ebirty1 wrote:
I was thinking about the curses on the rings. Aren't curses applied after calculating the first hit damage? that is, if our build relies on one-shots, then curses do not work in most cases? I felt it today when I made a 100% delirium map. the first slam did about 20% mobs hp while the second killed everyone. that is, is flamability on skitterbots more useful than flamability on the ring?

Oneshot is our goal but it's not that we rely on it.

Mechanic-wise, it's true that our second hit is much more powerful because of the flammability and ignite buff. But most of the time when our damage is good, the second hit isn't even necessary. So what you should do is to improve your damage.

Overall, oneshot is good, but it would be wrong to rely on it. If the first hit didn't kill, simply dash away, and hit again 2 seconds later :)

and we have no other way? which is less dependent on ignition and curses. my poe builds knowledge is too bad, so I'm just guessing. Maybe we can sacrifice big numbers in POB, but get higher quality of life?

Our build mechanics in both game and POB rely on ignite and curse, all the way from gear, notable, ascendancy. There's no conflict between the big numbers in POB and quality of life, in fact, they are tied together. I don't see quality of life getting any better without them.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Mar 2, 2021, 2:10:38 PM
"
NotXalu wrote:
I bet you wrote that a couple of times but too many pages why dex and qual and not something like additional crit chance with qual. I see it being used in many high tier weapons. I guessed its for gems but cant you get it from somewhere else?

Crit chance and attack speed are so important that we need explicit mods for them.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
SirTwsted wrote:
@JennoJoyce

could you point out the section in the guide, also quote the text which I suggested spirit void anointment on ring?

"
If you have mana sustain problem during leveling, I suggest to get a -mana cost ring (like praxis) and anoint mana leech nodes like Thrill Seeker or Spirit Void.

Here is the screenshot.
https://ibb.co/XpJ3L2V
Last edited by SirTwsted on Mar 2, 2021, 2:22:09 PM
"
SirTwsted wrote:

"
If you have mana sustain problem during leveling, I suggest to get a -mana cost ring (like praxis) and anoint mana leech nodes like Thrill Seeker or Spirit Void.

Here is the screenshot.
https://ibb.co/XpJ3L2V

Thank you! I updated the guide to be more clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info