[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

Im going to try abyssus + lightning coil + windshriek in my mid-crit build.
It would give tons of damage without spending many exalts.
I've just finished upgrading to the mid-budget crit build, and I'm now using all gear that fits the requirements. Yet when I import my build into PoB, it calculates on ~23m damage per hit, when their build is doing ~38m damage per hit. I keep trying to compare my gear and tree to the guide's, but I just can't see what would be making me do so much less damage than them. I'm still relatively new to this game, so I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. Could someone please take a look at my character and tell me what I'm missing?
https://pastebin.com/6ygi7YYE
Hmm nice Guide.

I planned a simmilar build for HCSSF, but i think this Build wants a Kurai Chopper instead of a Staff. Can get rid of all the Block nodes and crit scaling Staff nodes and grab Fortify Effect, more Life nodes, max Res and even EO instead. Will also be able to switch Rumis for Lions Roar then.

Build loses some Damage this way but looks way more Tanky at least on Paper.
Am I missing something? The Blockchance and the crit scaling nodes are pretty much everything u get from using a Staff right?

Also why no Infernal Cry linked with Combustion Support? Would be a more reliable way to apply the Debuff and could get rid of the Totem.
Last edited by Vepa on Feb 20, 2021, 4:54:32 AM
"
Kleidon wrote:
I've just finished upgrading to the mid-budget crit build, and I'm now using all gear that fits the requirements. Yet when I import my build into PoB, it calculates on ~23m damage per hit, when their build is doing ~38m damage per hit. I keep trying to compare my gear and tree to the guide's, but I just can't see what would be making me do so much less damage than them. I'm still relatively new to this game, so I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. Could someone please take a look at my character and tell me what I'm missing?
https://pastebin.com/6ygi7YYE

the best way is to use the "calcs" tab in the POB. There you can see what you are missing. Try it! POB gameplay is more interesting than POE sometimes xD

Spoiler

u need more crit multi, flat phys from amulet, total increased phys %.
you need more tree points to start.
Last edited by ebirty1 on Feb 20, 2021, 5:02:13 AM
Love the guide on how to transition from non critical to critical. What is your recommended order of upgrades from crit to early end game? Should we focus on getting enlighten/anger first, or helm, or end game weapon,etc...
"
NightStayStar wrote:
Im going to try abyssus + lightning coil + windshriek in my mid-crit build.
It would give tons of damage without spending many exalts.

Abyssus is the main source of extra damage. My opinion about abyssus is already in Q&A.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 20, 2021, 8:11:49 AM
Just got a new weapon :
i don't think i'll have a better one ^^ , 855 pdps, prety nice.

Need to transition to Anger setup but it's just so expensive with the watcher's eye and Amulet ...
Last edited by Uriacesjaces on Feb 20, 2021, 8:12:43 AM
"
Vepa wrote:
Hmm nice Guide.

I planned a simmilar build for HCSSF, but i think this Build wants a Kurai Chopper instead of a Staff. Can get rid of all the Block nodes and crit scaling Staff nodes and grab Fortify Effect, more Life nodes, max Res and even EO instead. Will also be able to switch Rumis for Lions Roar then.

Build loses some Damage this way but looks way more Tanky at least on Paper.
Am I missing something? The Blockchance and the crit scaling nodes are pretty much everything u get from using a Staff right?

Also why no Infernal Cry linked with Combustion Support? Would be a more reliable way to apply the Debuff and could get rid of the Totem.

I'd be curious to see such POB if you could share it, and I'm happy to compare between the staff and the axe version on two things:

1. max damage
2. max Effective Hit pool

My initial thought is: converting to axe loses BOTH damage and survivability.

As for infernal cry, the debuff is only for the first hit. After the hit our ignite is applied instead. Also, it doesn't make much sense to apply both intimidating cry and infernal cry in front of boss because it would be dangerous and tedious. Most importantly, we lost the totem buff.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 20, 2021, 8:17:31 AM
"
DrRats wrote:
Love the guide on how to transition from non critical to critical. What is your recommended order of upgrades from crit to early end game? Should we focus on getting enlighten/anger first, or helm, or end game weapon,etc...

I created a similar Q&A in the guide. Thanks for asking :)
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
Just got a new weapon :
i don't think i'll have a better one ^^ , 855 pdps, prety nice.

Need to transition to Anger setup but it's just so expensive with the watcher's eye and Amulet ...

Wow! nice weapon!

only need to divine the suffix to get 18% quality :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info