Marauder with a big glacial hammer.

Hello there.

I'm currently thinking about a Marauder using glacial hammer ( because, the look of the skin is great and it does a lot of damage, and the fact that he can shatter things which have below 33% hp is great too imo ).

Here the passive tree :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0OrRQgGNsaVRtFG8gb-iUnJd8n7SmlMHUyCTKJNug8LUCgQzFDnEp9TP9OKlBHUFBVtVfiWGNYr1uvXUleE18_YEthIWSjZ5tnoG5pcLtyqXTtd-N35Xrve4x82YTZhO-HdozPjr-azJ7NogCkGacwrKquPq9stkG53b6nwA_BBMOGxLjE9sWKxtjSTdSP1fjdDd9v4dri6u8O707wH_Iv9kj22ve-_MU=

I concentrated on elemental damage ( Catalyst, Ice Bite, to have +80% elemental damage ), due to the fact that it's better than physical for boosting glacial hammer. I wanted to get as much hp as possible.

The keystone i choose :

- Resolute technique, because i don't think i will have enough dext to hit something in late game.

- Iron reflexe, to get a lot of cheap armor from evasion and the grace aura.

Gears and skills

As weap, i was thinking about an 2H axe for max DPS and max bonus damage on the %cold from glacial armor.

The rest will be pretty standart : armor/eva with life and resist. some manaleech are mandatory on the ring or on a item to be able to spam my skills.

For the gem on the weap ( if i found a 5L axe ) : Melee attack damage - faster attack - weapon elemental damage - Added cold damage - Glacial hammer

( and maybe splash, when it will be up, or elemental proliferation for more frozen mobs )

I could also use, due to my passive tree, lightning strike as my AOE skill. I think the damage will be decent enough with the same configuration : Melee - FA- weap element damage - L multiple projectile - Lightening strike.

As aura : haste, grace, hatred. I think by playing with reduced mana cost, and blood magic i can have a lot of aura going on when i'm playing.

To Leech, warlord mark and blood rage seems good. and it will also boost my dps.

Conclusion

I kinda copied this man's build :

"
Jukis82 wrote:
slow 2 hander is better off without blood magic, just use atleast 3% manaleech at your gear, run hatred and haste from your mana and others from life, later you can add a third % based aura on your mana.

here's my leap slam duelist build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ6tEuEUIBRNGNsZLho4G_odFCFgJd8n7SmlMgkyiTboNuk6s0CgQ5xHfkp9UEdXDVfiWK9Z81uvYEthIWVNZp5noG5pcLtyqXTtdPF253fleA1673zZgziE2Yd2j0aQCpBVmSubLZ65ns2iAKLqpBmnMKeEq8WsqrndvYG-ir6nwA_AGsS40iHSTdSP1fjZYd0N4urjauw47w7vTu988i_z3fe--tL8xQ==

current gear:
Spoiler

at 4100 life @ lvl 71, 13k dps at heavy strike, 6400dps leap slam

Any advice will be great.

Btw sorry for my english.
Last edited by Kroclebo on Mar 26, 2013, 11:42:09 AM
yeah glacial hammer requires a mace or staff.. so you cant use an axe for starters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info