[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

i wonder if its some unintentional bug with fist of war

maybe fist of war makes each subsequent wave "pretend to be a new attack" and thus we can get the shotgun effect unintentionally?

more experiments needed
"
frawrst wrote:

maybe fist of war makes each subsequent wave "pretend to be a new attack" and thus we can get the shotgun effect unintentionally?

more experiments needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziedbk_B96Q

This video shows it really well if you go to .25 speed and view my first Ice Crash hit. A HUGE chunk of damage is dished (20% of his life) before my 2nd one hits and after the first swing. You can see I'm not Warcrying between Crashes here because I warcried before any ice crashes for exerts.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Oct 19, 2021, 11:24:07 AM
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:

more experiments needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziedbk_B96Q

This video shows it really well if you go to .25 speed and view my first Ice Crash hit. A HUGE chunk of damage is dished before my 2nd one hits and after the first swing. You can see I'm not Warcrying between Crashes here because I warcried before any ice crashes for exerts.

lol maybe we should take this to PMs to not clog up your thread

i could swear i see a swing for every dmg tick

0:12 swing - dmg to about 75%

0:12 swing - dmg to about 50%

0:13 swing - dmg to about 30%

0:14 swing - dmg to kill

4 swings so i didnt see any multiple wave hits

Watched a ton of my old videos in slow mo just now. SO many instances where there is damage after the first hit. So while I believe only 1 hit is intended, I do think somehow damage is applying after that first hit. Not always, but very often. Probably a bug like you said. Either way whatever the total DPS, plenty to kill anything in game. I love build talking so appreciate your knowledge and constructive criticism.
I am really interested in this build for leaguestarting 3.16, but I don't know a thing about Jugg, slam skills, and warcries, especially the equipments around them.
So I have serval questions about your pob:
1. In your pob, there are equipments that are inaccessible during leaguestart, especially the weapon, is there any early unique replacement? and when I am crafting/buying in trade, what affixes should I look for?
2. even you talked about mana leech in your post, I didn't see any manaleech in your pob, is it because of the tentative state of the pob, or I am missing something?
3. this build already gets destroy effect from herald of ice right? isn't axe mastery being overkill?

overall this seems like a great build and fit the theme of this league so well, looking forward to playing it the next weekend.
"
UkoCyanide wrote:
I am really interested in this build for leaguestarting 3.16, but I don't know a thing about Jugg, slam skills, and warcries, especially the equipments around them.
So I have serval questions about your pob:
1. In your pob, there are equipments that are inaccessible during leaguestart, especially the weapon, is there any early unique replacement? and when I am crafting/buying in trade, what affixes should I look for?
2. even you talked about mana leech in your post, I didn't see any manaleech in your pob, is it because of the tentative state of the pob, or I am missing something?
3. this build already gets destroy effect from herald of ice right? isn't axe mastery being overkill?

overall this seems like a great build and fit the theme of this league so well, looking forward to playing it the next weekend.

1. In PoB check the unique weapons list and just slot in any one you can afford, many of the highest dps ones are 1c uniques. Filter by 2h axes.

2. It becomes irrelevant at the point this character is at end game wise. For earlier levels you can use 3 points for the node called "life and mana leech". Not the cluster, just the first single node in that cluster is enough to sustain the build until end game. It's to the right of 2h mastery. A lot of information was added at random that may not still apply, due to mechanic changes since 3.11, but I leave them as thought process in the character building at whatever stage I was at.

3. Overkill fun ;) Herald of Ice causes an explode on frozen enemies, not all enemies will be frozen therefore it's just safer. That said change it up if you find it redundant.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Oct 19, 2021, 1:14:14 PM
a good rule of thumb for most builds (especially people who are shopping around now) is 900k-1.5million dps without flasks

you can add in starter uniques to any build, if you hit these numbers the build will be able to get into red maps and farming conqueros and sirus very easily, making your currency at start jump
"
frawrst wrote:
a good rule of thumb for most builds (especially people who are shopping around now) is 900k-1.5million dps without flasks

you can add in starter uniques to any build, if you hit these numbers the build will be able to get into red maps and farming conqueros and sirus very easily, making your currency at start jump

This is already a viable and tested build. This isn't built from PoB but rather in game when Ice Crash was updated in 3.11 and Fleshripper was introduced.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Oct 19, 2021, 1:54:56 PM
Think i'll try this build out on 3.16. I'm a giant noob but i can't thank you enough for posting / update this one.

Thanks alot!
"
PwnageHippie wrote:
Think i'll try this build out on 3.16. I'm a giant noob but i can't thank you enough for posting / update this one.

Thanks alot!

Have fun with it! Compared to many I'm a noob as well. Some of these guys have PHD's in PoB. If you find yourself struggling ever, just add more life. Can always come back for damage later in this build. It has more than enough. Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info