[3.12] Barrage & TS Impale Boss Slaying God with Full Screen Clear Too

"
Domantass404 wrote:
Nice guide

Thank you very much :) If you play the build, I hope you enjoy it because it's very fun destroying the endgame content in such a way.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
-----------------------------------------
www.twitch.tv/madebyskinny
www.youtube.com/madebyskinny
can you league start with this or any variation of this (type of) build?
"
Hexxus89 wrote:

It's a lot easier with leveling gear, but yeah, you could league start with it but it will be a lot slower going than say, Spellslinger Necro or Toxic Rain Trickster/Pathfinder. You can start with one of those two and put just enough currency into them to clear up to red maps then start buying leveling gear and switch to this.

Even with an Arborix you'll rip up endgame content. A 1 socket Tombfist won't be much either so that'll give easy Intimidate. I gotta think over the rest and see what I come up with to work on an early form PoB for people thinking of starting with this over the next 1.5 weeks. I wanna wait for patch notes first because if Impale gets hit or something that affects this build, I'll have to rethink.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
"
Hiroyama wrote:
"
Hexxus89 wrote:

It's a lot easier with leveling gear, but yeah, you could league start with it but it will be a lot slower going than say, Spellslinger Necro or Toxic Rain Trickster/Pathfinder. You can start with one of those two and put just enough currency into them to clear up to red maps then start buying leveling gear and switch to this.

Even with an Arborix you'll rip up endgame content. A 1 socket Tombfist won't be much either so that'll give easy Intimidate. I gotta think over the rest and see what I come up with to work on an early form PoB for people thinking of starting with this over the next 1.5 weeks. I wanna wait for patch notes first because if Impale gets hit or something that affects this build, I'll have to rethink.

Oh I would greatly appreciate the effort, I like to keep my league to 1 or max 2 characters to maintain.

I always liked "Impale Demon Hunter" in Diablo3 and this seems to get very close to it.
"
Hexxus89 wrote:
"
Hiroyama wrote:
"
Hexxus89 wrote:

I always liked "Impale Demon Hunter" in Diablo3 and this seems to get very close to it.

I always play DH in Diablo 3. Multishot was always my favorite build, but Impale was quite fun when it was the meta. If you still play D3, how does Multishot perform now? Can I push high GRs (90 or 100+)? Or will I be forced to play that spinny Strafe/Fan of Knives build - I never liked that one.

Still waiting on Patch Notes to see if we get hit hard in any way. Bex already confirmed Necro nerfs and nerfs to Spellslinger, so league starting and building currency that way may not be the way to go this time. Honestly, the best way to go with this character might be to make a Bleed Gladiator with Split Arrow and Puncture. You can push that pretty far without much, but I'm still going to work on making a league starting guide for an Impale Champion I just know it's gonna rely on some leveling gear, so any chaos gained along the way is going to go towards picking up a Devil's Harp and other good low-level stuff.
nvm found answer to my question
Last edited by ChonkyChoccyMilk on Sep 13, 2020, 10:28:32 PM
Hey, quick question - do you think the build is capable of doing HOGM with some gear / gem swaps e.g. Block chance reduction? If so, what swaps would you recommend?
"
aastr wrote:
Hey, quick question - do you think the build is capable of doing HOGM with some gear / gem swaps e.g. Block chance reduction? If so, what swaps would you recommend?

I never tried it so I can't really comment. I think I let a guild member carry me through HOGM while I was playing VD+DD in Harvest.
I posted an update to those wanting to league start with this build. I advise against it. I would start as a Split Arrow + Puncture Gladiator as this build makes the early game look easy and can take you to red maps with very little investment, allowing you to transfer to this endgame annihilator once you can afford a 500 PDPS Bow or an Arborix.

Me personally, I'm conflicted as whether I'll be starting as a Glacial Cascade Miner, ED+ Contagion Trickster, Bane+Soulrend Trickster, Split Arrow + Puncture Gladiator, or taking a chance on the new skill Blazing Salvo. I'm usually this ADD before a league starts. If I do enjoy the league, there's a good chance I'll come back to this build once I make some currency though. Blasting bosses this fast is too fun to pass up.

If you wanna watch my starting progress, I'll be streaming the league start over at twitch.tv/skinny_gg as soon as it goes live.

Last edited by Hiroyama on Sep 16, 2020, 11:50:02 AM
"
Hiroyama wrote:
I posted an update to those wanting to league start with this build. I advise against it. I would start as a Split Arrow + Puncture Gladiator as this build makes the early game look easy and can take you to red maps with very little investment, allowing you to transfer to this endgame annihilator once you can afford a 500 PDPS Bow or an Arborix.

Me personally, I'm conflicted as whether I'll be starting as a Glacial Cascade Miner, ED+ Contagion Trickster, Bane+Soulrend Trickster, Split Arrow + Puncture Gladiator, or taking a chance on the new skill Blazing Salvo. I'm usually this ADD before a league starts. If I do enjoy the league, there's a good chance I'll come back to this build once I make some currency though. Blasting bosses this fast is too fun to pass up.

If you wanna watch my starting progress, I'll be streaming the league start over at twitch.tv/skinny_gg as soon as it goes live.

First time trying for me trying anything other than a full on caster build so I'm going to make things easy for myself and completely ignore your advice ;)

Looking at your tree I think I'm probably going to actually start with one of the steel skills, the only real changes you'd need to make when transitioning from that to Barrage / TS are the bow damage nodes for sword damage nodes and the Lethality wheel. Pretty much all the gear can stay the same as well, the only thing you'd need to save up for before transitioning is a GG bow / arborix to replace whatever two swords you were wearing previously.

Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info