Do minions benefit from rarity % gear?

In the stickied Mechanics thread, it says:

"
If one of your minions gets a kill, the minion's IIR is added to yours and the total is used.

According to that, minions should benefit from your rarity percentage, however I've been playing a summoner type for four days now with about 120% rarity and I am finding very few items. I have a Ranger with about 60% rarity on him and I find a ridiculous amount of rares, usually 90% of the time I kill a rare mob will it drop a rare. Though on this summoner its more like 35% of the time.

Two of my friends have summoners as well and have noticed this happening to them. Is something bugged with rarity items and minions? Or are the three of us just on very poor luck streaks?
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2016, 4:57:18 AM
You profit from your minions modifiers, but not the other direction. The only way to influence this, is with +rarity/+quantity gem bound to the minion skill.
(or of course with attributes from shield and the key node that applies them to the minions)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Apr 23, 2012, 6:59:12 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
You profit from your minions modifiers, but not the other direction. The only way to influence this, is with +rarity/+quantity gem bound to the minion skill.
(or of course with attributes from shield and the key node that applies them to the minions)

So amulets and other items that are not support gems or shields will not work?
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

Wait what.

I always thought my minions benefited from my +item/magic drops.
IRON MAN
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

It's exactly the other way around. Your minions profit from your quanity/rarity but not the other way around (quantity/rarity support gems on your zombies do NOT increase your own MF)
IGN: KaboomCrimsonEye
Ok, i'm confused now. Will my rings and amulets affect the minions or not?
"
miljan wrote:
Ok, i'm confused now. Will my rings and amulets affect the minions or not?
Yes, they should. When a minion makes a kill, your IIR/IIQ stats are added to the minion's before the loot rolls.

I've also noticed a drastic lack of loot from minion kills. Minions taking down hordes of 20-30 enemies often results in no drops at all. Sometimes, rares will also drop no loot if killed by minions.

I'm going to move this to the Support & Bug Reports section, as it does seem to be a bug of some sort.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Apr 23, 2012, 11:50:59 AM
"
Cinerus wrote:
Your minions profit from your quanity/rarity but not the other way around

Okay, I think I reminded wrong. Had in mind a discussion from that shield/minion keynode, but from the informations about rarity/drops in the mechanics, you seem to be right.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Hi, with my old character that was summoner (but deleted him after he was moved to legacy) I noticed that drops are much lower than from my other characters even if I had a lot of magic find. I thought that minions don't benefit from items on your character. Can we get a response from devs?
When a minion kills something, it adds it's item rarity (From supports) to your item rarity, because it is your minion.

In short, yes :D
Balance & Design
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 27, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info