[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
Smerte wrote:
Thanks for this amazing build, finally started having fun this league when I moved onto this build! Im still running the dual wield beginner version as Im progressing pretty slowly this league, and now that I'm close to finishing its 115 point skill tree I was wondering if the mastery "20% chance to gain Elusive when you block while dual wielding" from Dark arts cluster would be good? 15% dodge, 15% spell dodge and 30% movement speed seems really good and should be up all the time

EDIT: Was also worried about game perfomance as Im playing on my really old potato PC, but so far its been suprisingly smooth atleast with the void volatile dead MTX

Yeah, that's one of the more fun nodes to have if you have the spare points, it's very nice and almost always up when you need it!

Dang, I totally forgot I have void. I guess I'll give it another go and see if I can play with sound - I have disabled sound effects for now just to let my PC breathe.

I'm glad you like the build! :D It's pretty unique and I hope it gets a nice fat buff after flying under the radar so long (but made no mistake it can be made into a Single Target monster anyway).
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Spacecom wrote:
60ex v1: https://pastebin.com/S5FWRKAT is this the PoB used to record your videos where you wreck mobs in maps and Sirus with ? LOLMAO

Hmm yeah, probably. Feel free to add Bottled Faith to that and dual curse even, if you want to min-max it. New masteries also boost the DPS by a ton.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
ImDarkslayer wrote:
"
Feurn wrote:
So for now I've been able to kill deathless :

- 10 bosses invitation
- T16 Shaper Guardians/Elder Guardians
- A8 Conquerors
- Shaper
- Red Blight maps

Here's my set up right now
Spoiler

Continuing to rock the end game with this build. Need moooarr currency to upgrade ^^

Hey could u show a video of any of the fights here, i think i am missing some fundamentals and it will help me so much.

You keep posting vids where you are cursed with no Curse reduction rings. Temp chains and Enfeeble are going to shut down your damage naturally. (Temp Chains is especially bad, same as cast speed increases not just your raw damage but ramp speed, Temp Chains slows your cast speed AND your ramp speed.)

But anyway, for Drox, you need to keep 4 Brands out to clear the mobs and flags if they overlap on him - in general just clear the flags and you'll be good.

Ditto for Veritana vid posted earlier from someone else - Temp Chains, no curse reduction. Take my advice and shop those rings... It's going to catch you in Scourge if you run around with 100% Vulnerability / Enfeeble anyway.

I see thanks for the reply i will get those. Atleast i now know that im not missing out on some fundamental of the build i will probably make more upgrades.
"
ImDarkslayer wrote:

I see thanks for the reply i will get those. Atleast i now know that im not missing out on some fundamental of the build i will probably make more upgrades.

Yes, your fighting is really clean!

Awakened Spell Cascade is expensive but it will be the next really feel-good step for you, damage wise. That or a 20-30c Frenzy Chest, which you pair with rotgut for 32% increased cast, 20% attack and movement speed which makes mapping super faster, and 12% more damage!
hi sir, did u try ravage blight map?
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"
Forcepath wrote:
Excited to give this build a shot but never played arma brand before. is it just going to be standard to go the ignite arma route until transition? i'm a little out of my comfort zone doing a switch like this but you only learn by doing (and asking!)

Regular Arma, not ignite. After losing the ignite multiplier, you're really better off just going plain castspeed and fire damage. And really, the only change between regular arma and VD playstyle is using 2 brands instead of 1, and keeping track of brands (to prevent the same brands being attached to a boss) Generally you should only use the second set if there's two separate groups or if the first set is about to expire, rather than arma's spam brand until you're sure the group will be nuked (1 brand sufficient for whites, though more if there're magic or rare mob in the group). Because of mechanics it also inherently means you can only take on 2 groups at a time rather than up to 5 (assuming you got 2 extra brands), leading to a slightly slower, more methodical playstyle.

Yeah. I realise a huge power trough for most newcomers is the stage where they face maps with raised elemental resistance and all of a sudden the build slows to a crawl, because there is no inbuilt Fire Pen.

Shroud of the Lightless is actually a good pseudo 6L filler in this respect. Fire Pen / Awakened Fire Pen makes map clearing MUCH smoother, because so much of our resist shred is conditional until Leadership's Price somewhat - but even that needs a secondary hit to get work done.

I personally always take fire penetration as the first damage link (for arma, VD brand needs the inspiration instead). Slightly related, for arma levelling, Nycta's Lantern is stupidly good if you find one, effectively a pseudo 5-link.
"
VABcuzOfLucy wrote:
hi sir, did u try ravage blight map?

Ah not yet! I'm not yet at the wealth level where I can gamble on them, nor dropped one naturally. Best I can do is T16 Tier 10 Scourge UGS.

Are they good profits?

I am feeling m uch better this week and will be in hospital less so expect the build to pick up, sorry everyone for the slow power development.
"
primaeva wrote:
sorry everyone for the slow power development.
Don't be daft. Hope you're feeling great this week and the treatment is going well, but be sure you're using your awesome build to have fun and relax rather than something to be apologising for.

You've put all the building blocks in place for us to go zooming and iterate it ourselves. Time now for folks pushing endgame or in standard to be the ones giving you feedback on what performs best rather than the other way around.

Even in a GSF/SSF setup it absolutely smashes. Really 'different' (neither especially good nor bad, just different) playstyle. Uses buttons, but uses them well. I play PC on a controller to protect a shoulder injury and often tend towards walking sims and 0 button loops, so for me to say the playstyle works is a feather in the cap. An absolute blast to mess around with, pun intended.

Had a rippy no mana regen T15 I really didn't want to miss the quant on so dropped to a 4 link VD (I've had a few Hysteria but no Horror yet) and had no issues blasting through on that. Puts in context just how much flexibility there is in the build when it can nerf it's main damage and main resource so heavily and still perform. You can be super proud of your work sharing it. Has made my league so far exponentially better.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Nov 1, 2021, 5:52:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmUn770u9o

Messy Sirus A8 fight, just a demonstration of how the build performs at my current power level.
Please excuse the quality, I don't usually record and didn't mess with it too much.

Usually the fight is much cleaner and therefore a bit shorter but I was actually a little nervous knowing this is being recorded :D

Edit: Inspiration support wasn't working since my brands don't cost any mana (Thanks Prima for figuring that out, haha). You need to spend mana to gain inspiration charges though, so damage was gimped!
Last edited by Starbuckz42 on Nov 1, 2021, 11:08:57 AM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
sorry everyone for the slow power development.
Don't be daft. Hope you're feeling great this week and the treatment is going well, but be sure you're using your awesome build to have fun and relax rather than something to be apologising for.

You've put all the building blocks in place for us to go zooming and iterate it ourselves. Time now for folks pushing endgame or in standard to be the ones giving you feedback on what performs best rather than the other way around.

Even in a GSF/SSF setup it absolutely smashes. Really 'different' (neither especially good nor bad, just different) playstyle. Uses buttons, but uses them well. I play PC on a controller to protect a shoulder injury and often tend towards walking sims and 0 button loops, so for me to say the playstyle works is a feather in the cap. An absolute blast to mess around with, pun intended.

Had a rippy no mana regen T15 I really didn't want to miss the quant on so dropped to a 4 link VD (I've had a few Hysteria but no Horror yet) and had no issues blasting through on that. Puts in context just how much flexibility there is in the build when it can nerf it's main damage and main resource so heavily and still perform. You can be super proud of your work sharing it. Has made my league so far exponentially better.

! Thank you mate. Those considerate words really give me a lot of heart. :) I am so glad to hear it somehow hit a sweet spot for you! We will continue to update and tweak the build, and hopefully get some neat showcases coming in soon (Starbuckz just dropped one!)

I really, really appreciate players who adapt and improvise in situations like what you encountered - it's what draws us to the game after all :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info