[3.13] Self-Curse EK Temporal Chains Occultist Mini Guide (Warning not budget friendly)

"
altdiablo wrote:
thank for the build , can i ask why your EK mana cost is 0 ??

i have problem with my mana cost T_T

As stated vaal clarity is why the mana cost is zero. Mind drinker helps and so does cinderswallow you just have to keep killing.

Added Faq section.
so - i had problems to kill the first packs in delirium 5 as well, since i cant afford the hatred+precision watchers eye yet and ran out of currency to craft a crit multi helmet - im lacking a lot of crit multi. so i tryed a different skill tree. instead of going to the templar area i went down to ranger. with the new tree i have only 2 inspired learning but much more dps at the start of the map because of throatseeker+doomcast+heartseeker. after the respec i did a delirium 5 map again and it worked fine i managed to kill the first packs and get my HH buffs going. so that might be a good 'budged' solution? what do u guys think
Last edited by bahnschranke on Jul 22, 2020, 1:07:10 PM
"
bahnschranke wrote:
"
Prolegend wrote:
Thanks to OP for helping me in game and providing me very helpful details.
I have been able to craft all the pieces.

Went from this:
Spoiler

"
Prolegend wrote:
Hello Rustyy121

Thank you for creating the post. I watched your Youtube video and I was looking exactly for something like this.

I have a very similar setup (not very optimized yet) but using Blade Vortex. Like you said on the post, is quite hard to go in their face and kill stuff on a delibrium 5. I mean I couldn't even kill stuff to get my HH started.

I took this build from a few previous league but it doesn't seem like is working out for me and I am planning to swap over to your build with Ethereal Knives.

However, I have spent almost all my currency already in this build and got a small amount left. Can you please look at my setup and tell me if I need to get a new 'bow', 'helmet', 'armor', and 'rings'? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

I will be switching over to your tree, but here is my setup so far:

To this (rares self crafted):
Spoiler

wow you made great improvements! id love to know how to craft the pieces myself. maybe Rustyy could add more crafting tips besides the bow? would love it!

Note that this is how I did it, but there might be other ways and definitely I am no expert :)

Sorry for the long response, but I tried to be as detail as I can to minimize the risk of you losing your investment.

If OP becomes available, maybe he can add it to his post.

Bow:
Basically you can follow what OP suggested.

For the Helmet:
Spoiler

1. Buy minimum ilvl 73 'Warlord influenced' helmet with 'Temporal Chains' enchant (Or just get a helmet and 'Warlord Exalt' it.

2. 'Scour' the helmet and use 'Alterations' until you get Tier 1 '#% Global Critical Strike Multiplier' (You can divine orb to get your values if u didn't roll 20% on T1)

3. Regal the item turning it Rare, hoping to get mods you can remove with Harvest. Otherwise repeat Step 2.
"

So far:
- Rare Warlord Helmet with Temporal Chains implicit
- #% Global Critical Strike Multiplier

4. Buy an inexpensive 'Shaper influenced' helmet with 'Nearby Enemies take #% increased Elemental Damage...' (Important make sure you buy one with only the Shaper mod we need, no other shaper mod should be in the armor when we do our next step).

5. 'Awakener Orb' the Shaper helmet to the Warlord helmet. Once again make sure both helmet only has 1 Warlod/Shaper mod on each item. This is to guarantee both influence mods when we merge both items.
"

So far:
- Nearby Enemies take #% increased Elemental Damage...
- Other random mods

Now here is based on luck. Hopefully you got mods you can remove with Harvest seed. If you got a 'Prefix' mod that cannot be removed with Harvest, then you can benchcraft 'Suffix cannot be changed' and 'Scour' the item, which will remove all prefixes. However, if you got a suffix that cannot be removed with Harvest seed then you are pretty much out of luck, Either continue having that suffix or use an annul orb.

6. Assuming you got it all cleaned up, you should have
"

So far:

7. Now is the easy part, benchcraft an inexpensive suffix (say, Lightning Resistance - Dont use Cold or Fire since we could be using 'Add/Remove' with craft seeds later).
"

So far:
- #% Lightning Resistance

8. Now use Harvest and 'Augment Fire' seed which should roll '#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage' (use seed: Add/Remove Fire until you get T1, and Randomize Fire until you get your desired values)
"

So far:
- #% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage

9. Use Harvest seed and 'Augment Cold' until you get T1 and randomize until you get your desired values.
"

So far:
- Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells

10. Complete, Now remove the 'Lightning Resistance' and add your desired resitance. In my case 'Cold and Chaos Resistance'
"

So far:
- Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells
- #% Cold and Chaos Resistance

For Armour:
Spoiler

1. Buy 'Crusader' Astral Plate minimum ilvl 85. (or buy an Astral Plate and 'Crusader' exalt it)

2. Get your socket and 6-links at this stage with crafted quality (benchcraft quality and/or fossil/wheatstones)

3. Scour the armor and use alteration to get at least a 'Physical' mod. (This is to save 1 aug physical if you got tons of alteration, otherwise you can skip to step 4)

4. Use Harvest seed to either 'Augment Physical' or 'Remove non-physical Add Physical'. The 4th physical should be the guaranteed 'Enemies you Kill Explode, Dealing #% Of their life as physical damage' (Unless you are very lucky and got it on one of your previous 'Augment Physical')

5. IMPORTANT: If one of your physical mods is '#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage', Use harvest craft and remove it with 'Remove Lightning Modifier' seed. This is to make sure the armor only has 1 crusader influence modifier.

6. Now you should have a crusader Astral plate with the exploding modifier (we dont care about the other modifiers)

7. Buy an inexpensive 'Hunter' influcence armor with 'You Can Apply An Additional Curse' (Again, Make sure this is the only Hunter influence modifier in the armor)

8. Use 'Awakener orb' and add the Hunter Armor onto the Crusader Astral plate

Now here is based on luck. Hopefully you got mods you can remove with Harvest seed. If you got a 'Suffix' mod that cannot be removed with Harvest, then you can benchcraft 'Prefix cannot be changed' and scour the item, which will remove all suffixes. But if you got a prefix that cannot be removed with Harvest seed then you are pretty much out of luck, Either continue having that prefix or use an annul orb.
"

So far:
- Crusader/Hunter Astral Place with:
- Enemies you Kill Explode, Dealing 3% Of their life as physical damage
- You can apply an additional curse

9. Now is the easy part, use Harvest and 'Augment Caster Modifier' seed which should roll 'Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance' (Add/Remove caster until you get T1, and Randomize caster until you get your desired values)
"

So far:
- Crusader/Hunter Astral Place with:
- Enemies you Kill Explode, Dealing 3% Of their life as physical damage
- You can apply an additional curse
- Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance

10. Now Easily augment, add/remove, randomize Life/Cold/Lightning

Curse Despair Opal Ring:
Spoiler

1. Buy an Opal Ring with 'Hunter' influence, or use 'Hunter Exalted Orb' to influence the ring

2. Scour the ring and use Alterations orb until you roll '#% Percent to Elemental Resistance'

3. Regal, and remove all unnecessary mods. Otherwise repeat step 2.

4. Next we need to roll the maximum life, use crafting bench and add 'Cannot roll Attack Modifiers' and make sure you have one additional suffix (craft a non-life modifier in the suffix, in my case: Lightning Resist)
"

so far:
- Hunter influence Opal Ring
- #% Percent to Elemental Resistance
- Cannot roll Attack Modifiers
- Lightning Resistance

5. Use Harvest life seed and augment, add/remove, randomize (until you get your T1/T2 life)
"

so far:
- Cannot roll Attack Modifiers
- Lightning Resistance
- # to Maximum Life

6. Now is just a matter of removing the 'Cannot roll Attack Modifiers' and the 'Lightning Resistance' using the crafting bench and a 'Remove Lightning' seed.
"

so far:
- # to Maximum Life

7. 'Augment Chaos' with Harvest seed and make sure you get the 'Chaos Resistance first', if you land on the 'despair' Curse, just continue to add/remove Chaos until your get your T1 Chaos Resist (I was happy with T3)
"

so far:
- # to Maximum Life
- #% Chaos Resistance

8. Once you got your Chaos Resist, now you just 'Augment Chaos' with seed (use the lucky seed) and hope you land on Tier 1 'Curse Enemies with Lvl # Despair on hit' but I guess lvl 5 is fine too. At this point you dont want to re-roll your chaos anymore.
"

so far:
- # to Maximum Life
- #% Chaos Resistance
- Curse Enemies with Lvl # Despair on hit

9. Use bench and craft '#% Increased Damage'
"

so far:
- # to Maximum Life
- #% Chaos Resistance
- Curse Enemies with Lvl # Despair on hit
- #% Increased Damage

Assasin's Mark Ruby Ring:
Spoiler

1. Buy minimum ilvl 82 Shaper influced Ruby Ring

2. 'Scour' and 'Alternation' orb until you get 'Curse enemies with level # Assassin's Mark on Hit'

3. Regal and hope you get mods you can remove with Harvest League.
"

So far:
Shaper influenced ruby ring with:
- Curse Enemies with Level # Assassin's mark on hit

4. Craft 'Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers'
"

So far:
- Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers

5. Augment/Remove-Add/Randomize until you get your desired Fire Resistance
"

So far:
- #% Fire Resistance

6. Roll Life with harvest seed until you get T1/T2 '# to Maximum life'
So far:
"

So far:
- #% Fire Resistance
- # to Maximum life

7. Augment/Remove-Add/Randomize 'Caster Mod' seed until you get your desired 'Life gained for each enemy hit by your spell'
"

So far:
- #% Fire Resistance
- # to Maximum life
- # Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells

8. Remove the Cannot 'Roll Attack Modifiers' and benchcraft an inexpensive prefix (say, to '# Maximum Energy Shield')
"

So far:
- #% Fire Resistance
- # to Maximum life
- # Maximum Energy Shield

9. This the part that you get 3/4 chance of getting '#% increased Spell damage' (since there is a chance to roll #% increased Cast Speed'). I would suggest to use a 'Augment Caster Mod' Seed (Lucky values). If it did roll '#% increased Spell Damage', there is a higher chance to get better values.
"

So far:
- #% Fire Resistance
- # to Maximum life
- # Maximum Energy Shield
- #% Increased Spell Damage

10. Remove the '# to Maximum Energy Shield' crafted mod and add '#% Increased Damage'
"

So far:
- #% Fire Resistance
- # to Maximum life
- #% Increased Spell Damage
- #% Increased Damage

Last edited by Prolegend on Jul 25, 2020, 4:25:20 AM
The iLvl 73 bow is to reduce the amount of unneccesary mods right? And if you cannot afford everything to start, where can you like make a half complete item to start with?

Also in the previous post, why a iLvl 85 ring? Cannot see anything on PoEDB that requires 85 except exp?
Last edited by Merihax on Jul 23, 2020, 8:01:38 AM
hello, I'm copying your build, but at the moment I tried to do Delirium 100% and could not kill even White Mob, can you help me in what I can better?
in my Pob is not getting 1m damage. thank you

My Pob: https://pastebin.com/Lwgcib5z
"
Periqe wrote:
hello, I'm copying your build, but at the moment I tried to do Delirium 100% and could not kill even White Mob, can you help me in what I can better?
in my Pob is not getting 1m damage. thank you

My Pob: https://pastebin.com/Lwgcib5z

Level 4 Empower, 21 level on EK and Watcher's eye can give you a nice damage boost.
Also I'd rather go for 2 large clusters instead of 7 passives voices. It's only 1 passive difference(in case of using projectile damage cluster as well) with 7 passives, but give you some decent(~ +10%) chunk of damage instead of nothing.

Quiver % of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage will give you some damage as well.

Also your non-cluster rare jewels is pretty bad.

Double-influenced helmet.

Alternatively try playing with aurabot as a temporary solution.

Here is my lvl91 PoB with *relatively* cheap gear: https://pastebin.com/vLsXNNKi
Last edited by Ultimait on Jul 24, 2020, 4:53:55 PM
https://pastebin.com/wxNz7mfm

This is my char so far, I can't afford the double watcher's eye so which is the best to get the crit multi one or the conversion one?

My DPS is also terrible and die ALOT.
Last edited by Cpfuzzy on Jul 24, 2020, 8:21:44 PM
was too lazy to change the build (to craft shit) similar to yours and reused my sins version from delirium, works fine on t15 100% delirious https://pastebin.com/TRhpHw6d
5-5.5mil with conc on bv is easily reachable, but isnt even needed really
Last edited by azaziner on Jul 24, 2020, 10:01:58 PM
"
Merihax wrote:
The iLvl 73 bow is to reduce the amount of unneccesary mods right? And if you cannot afford everything to start, where can you like make a half complete item to start with?

Also in the previous post, why a iLvl 85 ring? Cannot see anything on PoEDB that requires 85 except exp?

Yeah you are, I must have copied and pasted some of my previous steps and missed changing the number. Re-checked with craft of exile and the lowest we need is lvl 82. Thanks. I have updated my response for that post.
Which maps do you run? Right now I'm just running some random maps, and it feels like on most maps I cannot kill the boss because they have phases or my stack of buffs are low or something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info