Regarding the CB > OB Character Wipe

From what I understand everything except the character class and name will be wiped at the transition. Is their any way the developers will or can reconsider this?

I don't know about others in the community, please comment, but in my opinion the second beta keys started to be sold along with micro-transactions and the time until the open beta, its obvious hundreds if not thousands would of already reached what is end-game in closed beta and beyond. This seems unfair IMO towards those who have paid, yes, I know they were under the impression of it being closed beta and wipes will happen... but still.. its just losing everything they have built within them 2+ months, having to redo it all... we can always roll a secondary character for act 3, or just pick up where the story left off on our lvl 50 mains (2145 people according to the ladder another month and it will shoot up).

Regarding the economy argument, is it not better this way? prices are no longer sky-high and their wont be a major surge in prices when everyone scrambles for those precious items. This will be inevitable and last for months. It seems to me it will be more stable for a wipe not to occur.

I could ramble all day about this please tell me your thoughts about the pros and cons, IMO the instant beta keys were available to ANYONE with a few dollars, this is when open beta truly started.

/sign if you agree a wipe shouldn't occur
Last edited by williamuk on Apr 22, 2012, 11:48:25 AM
Its not fare for people that didn't bought the beat access and will start from zero when game goes to open beta. Also, all thing you bought from cash shop will not be erased when the game goes to open.

With other words, i'm for total wipe to start fresh from beginning.
I think (almost) everyone that bought their way into the closed beta knew it would get wiped, as do i. It feels kind of sad to see all my progress lost, but i'm okay with it. Plus it will most definitely get me playing much more when Open beta hits and you know that every single item you get, you keep. I think the wipe will make me play PoE much more in the open beta.
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
I'm all for a clean wipe at the start of open beta. Just be nice to put everyone on near equal footing, obviously beta players will still hold massive advantages of experience with the game but that can't be helped.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
williamuk wrote:
From what I understand everything except the character class and name will be wiped at the transition. Is their any way the developers will or can reconsider this?

I don't know about others in the community, please comment, but in my opinion the second beta keys started to be sold along with micro-transactions and the time until the open beta, its obvious hundreds if not thousands would of already reached what is end-game in closed beta and beyond. This seems unfair IMO towards those who have paid, yes, I know they were under the impression of it being closed beta and wipes will happen... but still.. its just losing everything they have built within them 2+ months, having to redo it all... we can always roll a secondary character for act 3, or just pick up where the story left off on our lvl 50 mains (2145 people according to the ladder another month and it will shoot up).

Regarding the economy argument, is it not better this way? prices are no longer sky-high and their wont be a major surge in prices when everyone scrambles for those precious items. This will be inevitable and last for months. It seems to me it will be more stable for a wipe not to occur.

I could ramble all day about this please tell me your thoughts about the pros and cons, IMO the instant beta keys were available to ANYONE with a few dollars, this is when open beta truly started.

Wipe it all! What are you afriad of? We hc people lose our shit everyday anyway. Typical talk from a default noob that has fallen in love with his items.
Last edited by iiss on Apr 22, 2012, 12:23:34 PM
Speak for yourself, not all of us HCers die ^ ^
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
iiss wrote:
"
williamuk wrote:

Wipe it all! What are you afriad of? We hc people lose our shit everyday anyway. Typical talk from a default noob that has fallen in love with his items.

rather then the items, they suck. its the experience I will miss
There will be a wipe; this is not being reconsidered. Everyone will start from a clean slate, which is important in a ranked, competitive game. It would be entirely unfair to start off the ladder with a few thousand people already level 60/100.

The beta keys people "purchased" actually came free with the purchase of game points/kiwis/swag. Everything that was paid for will be kept through open beta, so the "paid to gain access" argument isn't a good one. The plan to wipe was made very clear.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
williamuk wrote:

Check the changes done to the game in the past few months, check the amount of skills added/removed. The amount of exploit and glitches fixed so far.

If that alone doesn't scream character wipe I don't know what. It would be like giving someone the chance of making a "uber sword of awesome" through glitches and then just letting them have it because "It was possible back then."
Cogito ergo sum
/not signed

Everyone should start on equal footing once the game is released.

There's really no unselfish argument against that.

The wipe must and will happen.
If this bothers you stop playing now and wait for release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info