[3.12] Secrets of Suffering GLACIAL CASCADE miner | boss killer | works in budget / League starter |

"
KiizeN wrote:
Hi!

First miner here aswell, trying this in HCSSF (I know not recommended, but the only league I find fun). Any good ideas on how to farm the jewel?

Would the new sceptre be an alternative for SoS?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alternating_Sceptre

sure, it has the same function of the jewel
"
willianvon wrote:
"
Ury401 wrote:
Hi!

This is my first miner build, sometimes i like it but sometimes it feels super slow and i need to press like 5 things at the same time my brain is getting smoother by the minute.

In any case, i feel i don't have a lot of dmg vs high tier bosses, also having skitterbots + hatred i have so much reserved mana i can only throw 18 mines with enlighten lvl3.

Also i feel the mines don't explode too fast and don't overlap at all. I tried both the Cluster version and basic version.

how much dmg according to pob?

45k Sirus damage configuring everything exactly as the non-cluster basic PoB. Compared to 250k Sirus dmg.

My character is not even close to being a bossing character, barely 1/4 of a t14-16 conqueror hp after detonating everything. I have frostbite on one of my rings too, here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/iQCAHjUw

Also i don't want to compare my build to the one's in the guide PoB, those builds have incredibly high budget and items it makes no sense.
"
Ury401 wrote:
"
willianvon wrote:
"
Ury401 wrote:
Hi!

This is my first miner build, sometimes i like it but sometimes it feels super slow and i need to press like 5 things at the same time my brain is getting smoother by the minute.

In any case, i feel i don't have a lot of dmg vs high tier bosses, also having skitterbots + hatred i have so much reserved mana i can only throw 18 mines with enlighten lvl3.

Also i feel the mines don't explode too fast and don't overlap at all. I tried both the Cluster version and basic version.

how much dmg according to pob?

45k Sirus damage configuring everything exactly as the non-cluster basic PoB. Compared to 250k Sirus dmg.

My character is not even close to being a bossing character, barely 1/4 of a t14-16 conqueror hp after detonating everything. I have frostbite on one of my rings too, here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/iQCAHjUw

Also i don't want to compare my build to the one's in the guide PoB, those builds have incredibly high budget and items it makes no sense.

actually your damage is a little more, secrets of suffering was not activated on POB and so the effect of brittle, ajusting those, the damage went up to 62k but I noticed you not using diamond flask which makes your not 'always crit', adding that flask to the build your dmg now is 72k, also you could drop AOE gem for more damage, the lost of AOE isn't that big, unless you use conc gem, which I won't recommend, but gems like: cold pen, hypothermia and inspiration are good options.
Found this and found it to be pretty awesome for this build. Allows use of Hatred & Skitter bots + Infernal Legion + Bonechill without even having a Enlighten or Charisma anoint
Last edited by Fivefingerheist on Oct 3, 2020, 1:57:28 PM
"
Found this and found it to be pretty awesome for this build. Allows use of Hatred & Skitter bots + Infernal Legion + Bonechill without even having a Enlighten or Charisma anoint

you sir, are a godsend. i was having trouble with skitterbots + hatred + precision and you single-handedly solved it. now i can use my passive points on survivability instead of pathing for mana reservation.

thank you. and thank you again.
"

this cold dmg can be leeched w/ mines?
Hey guys I would like to thank mortpoilu for creating this guide and getting me into this build.
When I started into this league a bit blindly (rip trying Crackling Lance) what I've been doing a lot is cross referencing people's builds on poe.ninja because it helps to see what the high pushers are doing. Don't feel pressured to mimic their gear, simply go for alternatives. For example

you can easily get this for like 3c with no enchant.

Before I got the more expensive stuff I was able to do A8 sirus with my current gear/tree with 10ex investment at 5.1k hp, but you can easily budget for less, although your mechanics in the drawn out Sirus phases will be much more important. I consider it cheap still because 5ex of that was my 6l tremor rod, you can get away with using a 5l for like 20c. So under 5ex being able to do most of endgame is decent - GC is indeed in a good spot right now. There are probably stronger and tankier builds but being able to clear and have high ST on one ability is quite useful.

In terms of Sirus: get a corrupting blood jewel: it makes it so you can run into the degen beam in the last phase much more often as it's mainly stacking corrupted blood which does dmg. Also because corrupting blood immunity is simply strong for all content
Use arakaali and Ryslatha for Sirus, degen + life flask effectiveness and charges regained.

For uber elder I like using Kaom's roots. Usually that means balancing the resists.

Normal ring and boots:

Kaoms setup:

Really helps against Elder's freeze/chill mechanic which is deadly with shaper orbs/beam.
For all content outside Uber Elder, if you can afford no resists on boots, Atziri's step is a great start, much tankier with the spell dodge, large amounts of evasion and good movespeed

Using frostbite with skitterbots is an immense boost in dps. IF you have the currency you can opt for an elder version of profane proxy to get a Mark of the Shaper on the right side, huge damage increase. Just make sure profane proxy is on the left side

Guys, DO NOT USE THE ILLUSIONIST GLACIAL CASCADE MTX FOR IMPORTANT FIGHTS. You actually can't see stuff on the screen. Some parting advice is to also raise your sound effects and dialogue volume for uber elder but ESPECIALLY sirus, you'll know what Sirus is using a lot due to his voice lines.

In terms of using Hatred SKitter and Clarity, you WILL need enlighten (3 is fine), specific tree nodes or Essence worm. For tree look at Sovereignty nodes, Influence, 2 minor nodes left side of Volatile mines, Charisma and Efficient explosives. Remember you can annoint any of these on to your amulet for a decent price.

Mana regen is also quite important, I'm using lvl 1 Clarity but I also have 110% mana regen from my boot enchant and amulet alone to make it feel smooth. You want to be able to flame dash even during a mine spam where your mana is being tanked. For the 70% uber lab mana enchant, I'd recommend Poe.lab for the route and buying Twice enchanted prophecies to enchant an item twice per run. You can also use a flask like this to keep up your mana and not worry about mana regen on items:

Very useful because "Enduring" having it run even after hitting full mana means consistent mana regen AND curse/freeze etc immunity

I do suggest for some people budgeting to try a life build with Kaom's, 6 linking with Shavronnes is very expensive vs getting a kaom's heart for 20c. Tremor rod on 5link is better value than shavronne 5link imo since +2 socketed spell gems and detonating mines twice. Lowlife/shavronnes also makes it so you can spend a lot looking for ideal +gems weapons and shields starting out. You can always make the swap to lowlife ES later, but I believe budget wise Life is great.

MAKE SURE you get some source of flat fire to spells, be it an amulet or abyssal jewel etc

otherwise you're missing out on the 30% crit multi from our Explosives Expert Ascendancy.

I looked in pob and Cold pen Hatred watcher's eye edges out over Crit and flat cold, if any were curious. Try pair a hatred mod with increased recovery rate while affected by Clarity, helps a lot and the price difference is negligible

I think one of the best GC links is also
Glacial Cascade-Minefield-Charged Mines-Inspiration-Trap and Mine damage-Hypothermia. Charged mines is great because of the frenzy charges, lot of extra mine throwing speed.

p.s. I see concerns with having large enough AoE, Go for Amplify, Arcane expanse extra nodes, blast radius or Blast waves if you prefer even more. Remember that GC mines seem to actually target/follow mobs now so it helps out, you'll notice this more on single target where you can place them down before a fight

Good luck with GC guys

PoB: https://pastebin.com/BcgfJinz

EDIT: Elder profane proxy + mark of the shaper is not mandatory, I just found it very reliable and efficient to have it applied to mobs around you automatically by skitterbots + huge damage from Mark. Feel free to use a regular profane proxy + any ring or use hextouch support-frostbite-frost bomb as one of your links even Mark of the shaper + regular elder ring that fits your need.
Last edited by gawddawg on Oct 7, 2020, 6:37:15 AM
this build is awesome for me so far. can anyone guide me on what to improve?
https://pastebin.com/C5sTPMjq
Guys I managed to finally kill Sirus, super happy about that, thanks to this build! this was my second encounter(and first on this league).

Awakener at lvl 5, died a few times because I still not super familiar with the battle, damage fells good on him and my gear is far from be optimal, one aspect that I would like to improve is survability, some of his attacks could 'insta' kill me, like the 'die' beam.

But overall, the build fells great against him, probably a 6l tremor rod + kaom's heart would kill him a lot faster, my gear is almost self found with some minor exceptions like weapon, shield and armor, which I paid less than 15c for each one.

A immune to corrupt blood jewel is a must and I made some adjustments on the potions for the battle.
Could you add a leveling guide? Would help a lot of players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info