Some things never change...

Still running into the old "failed to join instance..." scenario where I lose my map if I leave due to the fact that the server loses my instance.

Love it :)
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2020, 9:10:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sweet... happened yet again

Any solutions out there?
Still happening... why is this the only game I've played where there is a "town portal" mechanic and it does this?
I was running a cells map and I left for a moment. Then upon entering it closed my game. No error message or anything. I finally get back in and complete the map. When I try to portal out it happens again where it says I failed to join the instance.

Whether this is a bug or some technical issue I'd sure appreciate some tips on how to avoid this if at all possible. Or if it's being looked into or something... anything.
Last edited by Durf on Jul 27, 2020, 6:33:15 PM
I guess it's just me. Happened again. Gotta love a game this grindy that also has bugs and glitches that make the entire process drag on even more than it needs to
Last edited by Durf on Aug 27, 2020, 9:39:45 PM
Ever get the feeling that you're just talking to yourself? :P

If you're getting that when trying to enter a map or story zone, it's usually a bugged instance that didn't fully crash. If you're getting that when trying to portal out and back into town/hideout, it's often some kind of connectivity issue.

I would suggest going to a town area, wait there for 15 minutes to ensure that any instances you had open timeout, then try again. If it's still happening after that, it's most likely connectivity troubles.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
All the time. Thanks for the response.

Connectivity issues huh? So is it server side issues or my ISP? Either way it just seems like something that needs to be looked at. Never seen this happen in a game and so frequently.

BTW... it just happened again as I died to an Elder guardian so I lost that fragment lol
Well, there aren't mass reports of this happening to others at present, so it's likely on your/your ISP's end or something along the way between you and the gateway you play on.

Try a different gateway.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Wow.. there went my vaal temple map lol

I guess if it's not a mass issue then who cares, but damn.

I logged in to do that temple map and hopefully continue on doing more, but I lost my appetite so to speak. Never have I ever found another game where something like this happens that doesn't get fixed soon after it occurs. I've been with my ISP for many years now and I can name one specific game (Ok I'll do it... Diablo 3) that has constant entering and leaving of portals such as this and it literally never has happened in that game.
Last edited by Durf on Aug 30, 2020, 1:12:02 PM
"
Durf wrote:
Wow.. there went my vaal temple map lol

I guess if it's not a mass issue then who cares, but damn.

I logged in to do that temple map and hopefully continue on doing more, but I lost my appetite so to speak. Never have I ever found another game where something like this happens that doesn't get fixed soon after it occurs. I've been with my ISP for many years now and I can name one specific game (Ok I'll do it... Diablo 3) that has constant entering and leaving of portals such as this and it literally never has happened in that game.

Diablo 3 don't use 1 realm for the whole world and that a BIG differance compared to PoE because that changes the network topolygy of the game......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info