[3.11] VOC - BANE BLOOM - 325% Despair - Occultist (Updated for Harvest)

Very nice guide.

I just started messing with Bane for the first time and really do not like working with ED (the need for multiple weapon and or gem swaps always turns me off in any build) - I was looking for a "lazy" alternative with enough dps and I think I have found it. Plus looking at the clusters I wondered if despair effect stacking could be viable which also led me here.

I love Bane / Chaos for mapping and all content viability (not worrying about any map mods is so much qol).

Definitely going with this as my starter for next league.
The clear speed in early maps with basically no gear is fantastic, which should help in getting the build rolling quickly.

Any thoughts / tips for endgame wand crafting post Harvest?

Thanks for the ideas and gl :)
Last edited by Valencius81 on Aug 13, 2020, 2:21:09 PM
Without Harvest the wands are pretty tough to get top-end.

Tips would be to look at daggers and scepters in live search as ppl dont look at them much and you can snipe a baller one sometimes.
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
I have been hoarding these items in SSF

Really would like to try this build but Im not sure how to get my defences at a decent level while using a staff.

Im probably gonna try a MoM/Eva variant so I can get most out of the Enfeeble/blind

Hope I get the time to grind, so i can see how it functions in red maps
Bad Seed
We are good for Heist it seems!
IGN @VOC

"
Jentry wrote:
We are good for Heist it seems!

Do you still feel this way after their recent curse post?
i am... concerned ... reading shit now
IGN @VOC

Any updates? I am looking for a league starter and this caught my attention.
Does someone have "patch notes for dummies" translation how is bane supposed to work after 3.12?

"
Only gems which are Curses will now have the Curse gem tag (ie. all Hexes and Marks). Skills which interact with Hexes and/or Marks will have the Hex and/or Mark tag, but will not have the Curse tag. Bane, for example, has the Hex tag but not the Curse tag, as it is not a Curse. As a result, modifiers to Curse skill gems will not affect skill gems like Bane.

Also how is the doom / impending doom working with bane, are we supposed to self cast curses in a sequence then hex blast them?

This is too convoluted for me. :/
"
Viktranka wrote:
Does someone have "patch notes for dummies" translation how is bane supposed to work after 3.12?

"
Only gems which are Curses will now have the Curse gem tag (ie. all Hexes and Marks). Skills which interact with Hexes and/or Marks will have the Hex and/or Mark tag, but will not have the Curse tag. Bane, for example, has the Hex tag but not the Curse tag, as it is not a Curse. As a result, modifiers to Curse skill gems will not affect skill gems like Bane.

Also how is the doom / impending doom working with bane, are we supposed to self cast curses in a sequence then hex blast them?

This is too convoluted for me. :/

Hex Master is gated behind Doom gain-rate small passives... so I guess Bane applies Doom? Buff?
Hello,

Have been discussing this with smart people for a while since patch notes...

The consensus is ultimately that we do not have enough information to know.

My gut feeling (and hope) is that bane still looks viable from the damage side.

The big nerf will be to the CURSE effectiveness side at endgame.

MUCH of that can hopefully be finessed with the right cluster jewels.

The important thing will be to assess the differential between curses applied from BANE / VIXENS versus self cast curses at max level.

Hopefully applying level 28-32 curses will help offset this sigma.

But if there is massive curse effect sigma locked in the SELF CAST path then we will have to make some considerations.

VOC
IGN @VOC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info