[3.11] VOC - BANE BLOOM - 325% Despair - Occultist (Updated for Harvest)

^
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Thoughts on command of steel instead of hunter's gambit?
"
cleito wrote:
Thoughts on command of steel instead of hunter's gambit?

I think your going to have to get around 70% damage to be greater than the DOT multi... But it is also a good node...
IGN @VOC

And what about survivability? Jast 1917 life and 2467 energy shield on 97 level. It is glass cannon? You say "T HAS HUGE FLEXIBILITY TO TRANSITION TO A TANKY CURSE SUPPORT WITH MINOR GEARING CHANGES". How make it tanky?
"
Titanium wrote:
And what about survivability? Jast 1917 life and 2467 energy shield on 97 level. It is glass cannon? You say "T HAS HUGE FLEXIBILITY TO TRANSITION TO A TANKY CURSE SUPPORT WITH MINOR GEARING CHANGES". How make it tanky?

In terms of switching to become tanky, I mainly change AURAS, turning off Haste and Malevolence and Turning on Discipline and another defense aura. I also have a 600 es 6 Link Vaal Regalia with +1 Curse. And a crystal belt with TONS of ES and DEFENSE as well as Cooldown Reduction. So by swapping a belt, a chest, and a ring I go to 7 curses and my Energy Shield more than doubles. If I am going to be tanky for more than just a short time, I respec about 10 points in the tree out of Damage and into ES % and My ES more than Triples from the DPS version. So it is Very Very easy to change back and forth from a SUPER cursebot support for high tier mapping to a solo Speed Harvest Mapper.

TBH at full build I do not die often. I do shaper, elder, and all maps without any issues. The only things I change build for are when I am running multiple Fractured Fossil 5 delirium maps.

When I do die in crazy T18 maps with 140 iiQ while soloing I have CWD Portal and just hop back in. Everything I have clicked will die from Bane... so sometimes if T18 boss kills me I just sit there 5 more seconds and watch him die then hop back in grab loot and pop next map.
IGN @VOC

Last edited by Jentry on Aug 2, 2020, 6:15:12 AM
Thank you for your reply!
"
Jentry wrote:
"
Titanium wrote:

In terms of switching to become tanky, I mainly change AURAS, turning off Haste and Malevolence and Turning on Discipline and another defense aura. I also have a 600 es 6 Link Vaal Regalia with +1 Curse. And a crystal belt with TONS of ES and DEFENSE as well as Cooldown Reduction. So by swapping a belt, a chest, and a ring I go to 7 curses and my Energy Shield more than doubles. If I am going to be tanky for more than just a short time, I respec about 10 points in the tree out of Damage and into ES % and My ES more than Triples from the DPS version. So it is Very Very easy to change back and forth from a SUPER cursebot support for high tier mapping to a solo Speed Harvest Mapper.

TBH at full build I do not die often. I do shaper, elder, and all maps without any issues. The only things I change build for are when I am running multiple Fractured Fossil 5 delirium maps.

When I do die in crazy T18 maps with 140 iiQ while soloing I have CWD Portal and just hop back in. Everything I have clicked will die from Bane... so sometimes if T18 boss kills me I just sit there 5 more seconds and watch him die then hop back in grab loot and pop next map.

can somebody help me with how to craft a +1 curse high es regalia?
Hi, can you post a guide on how to league start this build? Like what to do on the first day until a full week? I'm planning to try this today but probably will league start it next league if it's easy to start with.
thanks
"
xDeicidium wrote:
Hi, can you post a guide on how to league start this build? Like what to do on the first day until a full week? I'm planning to try this today but probably will league start it next league if it's easy to start with.
thanks

It is a very strong league starter, I will try to provide a description through Blood Aqueduct.

1 - Start with (ED/Contaigon) and Blight(Vaal Blight) Worth some early vaal orbs as Vaal Blight is SOO strong while leveling. You get all these gems in Act 1.

2 - Move with Frostblink or Withering Step (Both Strong) - Link movement to Arcane Surge

3 - At act 3 you Get Bane, Despair, Enfeeble (Switch to bane as soon as possible) play bane to Blood Aqueducts and farm a tabula there if you dont have a 6 link. Also easy to get a 6 link in vaal side areas and just recolor it with Vorici by doing a couple level 25-45 iLVL delves.

Support gems should include Controlled Destruction (a2), Efficacy (a3), Swift Affliction (a3), Void Manipulation (a1)

Early Uniques to trade for;

If you get rich a tabula like this can carry you easily to 85;

In the labs you go for PROFANE BLOOM ASAP.

You can operate just fine on a 5 link before maps.

Try also to get jewels to fix your resists as this will be the biggest issue while leveling.

Harvest Crafting makes this SIMPLE, so easy to get jewels with 40+ resists early.

Uhh... that basically gets you to maps

any questions

IGN @VOC

Hey just want to say this build has been one of my favourites of any I've tried so far, so thank you. I'm using a rare ring to flesh out what's missing for resists and anointed Whispers of Doom and am still doing 9.33M(!) DoT DPS with just Bane. Personally have found using Vaal Grace with MS increase through Watcher's Eye suits me better than Haste.

I think I've upgraded everything I can, outside of jewels maybe. Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you would improve!

https://pastebin.com/CQs6tcG8

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info