How this game, or lack thereof, is ruining my life.

Title says it all. Friend of mine told me about this game a while back. At first I didn't think much of it, but boredom eventually lead to curiosity, and I started looking up videos on youtube. Then came searching for livestreams, which I would watch for a few hours each day. I finally registered not too long ago, deciding I wanted to give it a try for myself.

I continued to watch more livestreams, and started lurking and posting on the forums, waiting for someone to host a giveaway and try to catch it before anyone else. However, life would always ruin my chances, causing me to miss a key by only a few minutes, only to watch them go to someone who's been posting on dead threads spamming "pls giv me a key i want try this game hard" in broken english.

It's now getting to the point where I stay up a few extra hours on work nights, thinking that if I leave, that very moment is when someone will post a key. I rush home from work, hoping that I'll find that the timer has given me a key while I was gone. I don't even want to cook anything, because the time it takes me to do that, someone could have posted a key. I've resorted to quick microwave foods, like TV dinners. In fact, the time it's taken me to type this up, I bet I missed another one.

It's really becoming a problem. I even had a dream last night that I got a key (lame, I know) only to wake up today and realize that it was, infact, just a dream.

I'm not really expecting anyone to just hand me a key after reading this, just figured I'd post a little insight. I feel your pain, fellow members without keys. I know that feel, bro. And before anyone suggests buying it, I am unable do. Not because of the price, but rather because I do not have the means to make the purchase. Long story. If I could send money through the computer, I would totally do so. Perhaps in the future, eh?

TL;DR - I think I may have an obsession. I should probably consult psychiatric help.

Edit: Please don't actually take me 100% seriously. I'm semi-joking about it. I want a key as much as everyone else, but work friends and family are still more important to me.

Edit2: Please don't send any keys my way. A user was nice enough to toss one my way. I won't give out his name, because I don't want you guys to spam him for keys, but he knows who he is. Thank you so much!
Last edited by Aezurr on Apr 22, 2012, 2:08:05 AM
I strongly hope you DON'T get a key, or you will probably suffer even more addiction, and possibly lose what remaining social life you have.
If you read what I said, then thank you, I say very important things, things that need to be said! Here's a chocolate chip cookie, enriched with vitamins.
"
FiercelyFuzzy wrote:
I strongly hope you DON'T get a key, or you will probably suffer even more addiction, and possibly lose what remaining social life you have.

Haha, probably true. It's odd because I don't really have an obsessive personality. I don't usually get addicted to anything, much less games. In fact, I usually can't play more than 2 hours a day without losing interest. My social life is pretty much limited to my job regardless. I work at a petstore, and I love it. Definitely beats working with people for a long shot. One of those few jobs where I'm actually excited to go in for work, even if its just to clean the bird cages or something along those lines.

Once I get a key, though, there won't really be anything forcing me to be here. I'd be able to play whenever I feel the need to while still going to sleep on time and eating normally, at least.
Last edited by Aezurr on Apr 21, 2012, 11:43:34 PM
If it's really affecting your life that much and you think you will like it due to the fact that you have been following it for some time, why not just pay $10 to get a key? You're obviously saving money on food from resorting to microwave dinners.
"
hkelemental wrote:
If it's really affecting your life that much and you think you will like it due to the fact that you have been following it for some time, why not just pay $10 to get a key? You're obviously saving money on food from resorting to microwave dinners.

My credit card was stolen a while back and it really screwed me over, so I no longer have one and thus don't have the means to buy things online. It's not the price that's preventing me from buying it.

That said, I may have over exaggerated a bit. ;)
Last edited by Aezurr on Apr 21, 2012, 11:58:29 PM
Most larger chain grocery stores have pre-pay cards you can use for online transactions these days. You should put some money on one of those!
"
hkelemental wrote:
Most larger chain grocery stores have pre-pay cards you can use for online transactions these days. You should put some money on one of those!

That's.. actually a good idea. I didn't even think about that. I may actually pick one up next time I go shopping.
Last edited by Aezurr on Apr 22, 2012, 12:08:21 AM
Hahaa, honesty/humor is always good in such a dark situation as this.
IT'S EATING US INSIDE, IT'S EVIL, IT'S, IT'S, IT'S..... MYYY PREECHHHIOUSSCHHSHCHS...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53092203/Untitled.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info