Balamir's 2H Mace Balanced Tank

I'm 79 lvl Marauder - this is my first character in this game, and I'm satisfied with my build.
I want to share this build with you guys, because there are many newcomers who are watching those streams with some fancy builds (very items-dependent builds), make their heroes based on the streams and after few weeks they decide to blame the game, and go away.

It's AoE tanky build which uses: Heavy strike, Sweep, Leap, Warlord's Mark, Enduring Cry, Battle Rage. The goal of this build is to reach 5 enduring charges and 4 frenzy charges, also cap of elemental resistances and 0+ chaos resistances, 10+k dps on heavy strike, 10+k armor, 80% dmg reduction and 4k+ life.

I'm using 4 auras: Determination, Hatred (uses my mana), Grace, Anger (linked with Blood Magic, uses my life). In the future I'm planning to upgrade my gear and change Determination with Haste.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrQ_MEuEUIBRNGJEY2xkuGjghAiFVIWAj9iftKLUppSr2LIUt0jIJOQ46UjrYQKBBP0OcSn1N2FBHUFBR5lRJValVtVYEVvpYY1nzWhpaSFuvXz9gS2CIYVJnoHKpdO108Xrve4x82YFvhmCHdox2jM-QVZe0njyeuZ7Nn8uiAKLqpmSnMKeEqWisqqy6tC-53cAawQTG2MmY1I_cPd0N3sHkredS7DjuDu8O707v8PAf8i_z3fZI9778xQ==

In the next few levels i'm planing to take 16% life, 1 more frenzy charge, and Crystal Skin (because I have some issues with Sea Witches), may be Lava Lash (if I've got good fire dmg on my weapon). I'm thinking that also this build may use Molten Shell + Increase Duration... but I must get 6L weapon and 6L armor first to free some sockets on my gear.

My gear:

it's not that good, but it's fine for me so far...

If you have any questions I'm available. And also accept constructive criticism. :)

Sorry for my english. Good luck!
Last edited by kalora on Mar 25, 2013, 12:01:38 PM
Got a video?

nice , my skill and gear are similar than yours but im using lightning strike and molten shell, its goin well but overall i need to upgrade my gear now , yours is quite good.
You could definitely use better gear but that's understandable :) My advice is focus on 2 abilities for your 2 5l/6l , heavy strike and sweep OR leapslam since that's how you'll maximize them i.e. a 4 linked skill will do less dmg etc.

Also if you're gonna be 2h mace mara, go for all phys dmg and use hatred/added fire like you are already to maximize bonus ele dmg :) that's to say - don't go for lava lash or any such more or less useless for high phys dmg builds nodes.

just some constructive criticism, 83 mara here, speaking all from experience :)
IGN Asdfninja
You use some mana leech rings/amulets? or where you get mana ?:)
warlord's mark
IGN Asdfninja
"
synergyflow wrote:
warlord's mark

only that? so in groups if someone spam curse youre out of mana all the time?
Generally, this kind of build is better for solo or a party of 2. So when I solo, warlords alone is enough for mana. I rarely use my flasks. So if no warlords = mana flasks. Or just get a few % mana leech on gear, that works too.
IGN Asdfninja
Hi there... i was busy this days :)
I have 2% mana leech on my ring, also i'm using warlord's mark linked with blood magic, so it doesn't get from my mana.

And one more thing... I've already have 6L karui :) 2 green, 4 red (prepare for Multistrike, linked with Heavy strike)

I don't have video atm... (I don't like streamings or posting videos in youtube), but I'll post one soon.

---
GL Guys.
Last edited by kalora on Apr 3, 2013, 7:02:35 AM
Wow. I just grouped with Balamir, and he helped me kill Piety in Merciless.

By "helped me kill Piety", I mean he just demolished her before I got a hit in and I took the credit. I'm gonna go respec my Marauder to this now. Thanks Balamir!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info