Changes to Harvest Crafting

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting that the problem exists. I, personally, appreciate the transparency.
"
"
cgexile wrote:
whoooooops

at least the new stash tabs deployed without a hitch!

Apperently not, the Blight tab supposedly eats blighted maps if you ctrl-click into a full tab. cant confirm that tho, didnt buy it.

I don’t own them either so, uh, whoooooops again!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Any fixed to map sustain? My guikd is quitting in droves because we can't sustain red maps regardless of juicing, trading, master missions, etc.

As a few others have said, I dont understand the 25-40% increase. Given that most of us never saw a single instance of these mods, increasing an outcome that was less than 1% before, by 40%, still means the probability is roughly 1% still.

For me, maps sustain is completely screwed this league. Red maps drop no maps, as in literally no maps. Yellow maps, at best, drops maps 1 tier lower than the tier I run. It's complete BS. Level 90 and I got no maps left higher than T9. And the last T9 I ran, it dropped nothing but a T8.

Due to this and the league and crafting being completely useless, I have quit playing. And last I logged in, what's left of my guild chat was all similar complaints, with cussing and intent to quit.

Will this thread and patch change things? Certainly not for those that quit and don't watch news posts. Me, probably not. I don't like the league mechanic and cannot be bothered with it. And trying to ignore/ skip the league mechanic did not work with map sustain as it is. Thus, my no longer playing.

This is a problem on your end, not GGG's. I haven't had any issue sustaining red maps since hitting 100+ atlas completion. Last time we had a crafting league like this, I was stuck on yellows for weeks. Stop expecting to get to endless t16s within a matter of days and if you need help, buy maps (though I'd argue it's a waste of currency).

Irs not unique to that person, its a common complaint this league. You're good fortune doesnt mwan there is not an issue.
Thank you!
You could have told us a lot earlier. Wasted half of my currency to get a craft today that was supposed to be easy and also wasted all my day farming those seeds. Now I just lost all my intention to keep playing ...
Thank you for being honest and thank you for working on improvement.
There's a ton that needs to be fixed with harvesting seeds. The system is overly complex to just spawn T3 seeds let alone T4. The <insert various league name> should be complementary to the experience in the league. You know, as close to seamless interaction as possible. I dunno, I love the idea, but so far not the results.

My list
-color coded lines when nothing is flowing into it. These garden setups require me trying to trace lines all over the place. If it's connected to blue, then make the line blue! BIG QoL.
-Autoplant seeds that were saved up form leveling...I can't begin to understand why this doesn't happen.
-Greater coverage area of disbursers. Why is it only one square? You still need "X" of what juice to make it work anyhow so make it cover a larger area
-make the color of a square stay on the ground at all times. Seriously, why do I need to click something to see where my primal ends and my wild begins? HUGE QoL.
-Tooltip the seeds for caster(what that means, just a couple of words, like mana, cat speed, etc...) QoL
-Mark the stairs since we can't use them anyhow. Small QoL

It's good to see that you are sorting out communication at least.

Having said that, your release process and more importantly development process stink.

We are talking about changing weightings to outcomes in determined environment like crafting sub-system.

Since it requires a client release, then it means you have never separated it out properly and moved to metadata to allow for experimenting and killswitching as required.

If you do lock yourselves in such a harsh environment (some people like to suffer?), then you should better have a world class release management.

But you don't. It's pretty clear that there is no roll-out or closed Beta or anything similar, apart from some FQA and compat delivered by 3rd party on tight deadlines, because you run into very much the same issues on every league.

It's probably the same external provider and the same people continuously working on the game - they are "immune" to flaws as they most likely acquired what is called a selective blindness to content.

What you need is proper end-user feedback before you release the content, either in from of A/B testing or, as suggested on these forums already, in form of Closed Beta with selected highly engaged users.

Given that you do have money and investor, I can only assume that you do not have production knowledge and long-term planning activity required to sort it out.

That's a bummer.
A few things that I noticed with this Harvest league.

1. Why are the dispersers so low in range. They should cover a whole more lot of radius and should not be over stacked to be eficient. Only because it tends to be tedious to follow up were you have them, what they sprinkle and so on.
2. If I plant seeds from higher tiers let's say T10 maps, seeds do not get a growth cycle if I touch a seed cache with my leveling char. This shouldn't happen. The mobs should be impossible to kill for a leveling char, but not skip the growth cycle. Big no no here, because it means that seeds are tied to somehow the level of area you are running to grow. Which is baloney.
3. I have never seen the 6 link recipe , it's driving me insane. Even though it's in the tier 1 seeds I have never seen it. I saw the 5 link one 2 times.
4. I don't know how the reforce a rare thing works, but I tried it on a convoking wand like hundred times, and never saw +1 to minion gems or +1 to spell gems. The crafting outcomes are worse than fossil crafting ( here I may do something wrong but the caster mods should be in the pool). Only once I saw +1 to cold gems .

Considering the fact that you wait like 5-6 maps maybe more to get a harvest, the crafting potential should be rewarding. Right now. It doesn't feel rewarding at all.

To conclude what I could gather from up to T11 maps so far .

1. Chaos recipe craft.
2x 5 Link crafts.
3. Only one time destroy a gem for facet.
2x Change an essence to a higher tier ( it's somehow profitable but still junk)

Beside that only reforge a rare and that's it.

I just placed the profitable ones not every junk recipe.

I have a lot of T2-T3 seeds, and also T4 , but I just cannot seem myself doing them because the crafts really suck.

Sure hope this abomination of a league doesn't go core.

P.S I bought your 3 stashes, and they are frankly empty. 13 delirium shards, 2 blighted maps, and some low tier oils. 3 Organs so far.

Really great job with wasting 10$.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jul 2, 2020, 3:40:07 PM
So... you are telling us that you didn't test the harvest before release, considering that you just know figured that out after internal review?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info