[RFC] 3.11 builds normalized

Until now I tried some builds from the forum and in 3.09/3.10 it really bothered me that those builds claim to have MILLIONS of DPS but the experience is way different from that:

* Configs like 50 Rage are damn rare except you delve
* Your Flasks drain after 2-3 uses during boss fights
* Some rolls that the author simulates are just insane

Yes, the author just simulated a possible outcome and it slaps you in the face when trying it. So I wanted to see what the more common/average numbers are:

(DPS numbers in thousands, example: 712 = 712 000 DPS)

Is this real?

80-90% of the damage isn't there when facing a boss or beginning a fight?

3 of 4 builds are pumping up their numbers with things that take months to get?

Insights
"No Config": Remove all DPS and Combat config, except charges. Because the PoB fork already activates the correct configs and most things manually added increase the fake value (IMHO).

"No Flasks": Obviously those are not full when facing a boss except you are a Pathfinder.

"No Unique & 20/20 Gems": Especially Jewels like "Watcher's Eye" and other expensive stuff can be found in those builds, so the rare unique items are removed (except for the mandatory ones). Also Gems are normalized to a maximum of 20/20.

"PoB Defaults": To get the minimum or average roll and avoid special enchantments or crazy rolls on an item, we replace all items with the PoB default items. This number shows how the build feels after killing Kitava while we are still broke.

These steps are also chosen like that because it is not much work in PoB.

Conclusion IMHO: I only look at "No Unique & 20/20" because this number is the most achievable one. Numbers that heavily increase with Flask and Config just show that this build scales well but are also rare during boss fights.

If this is a thing then I may take several builds from everywhere and normalize them to these thoughts, just to find the real nice builds that are doable for everyone.

Disclaimer: All builds are doable when you play PoE 8 hours a day but nobody got time for that.
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2020, 7:42:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info