[3.12] Memoria's Wintertide Vortex Trickster [All content, SSF & HC Viable]

"
ElJesse wrote:
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I was blindy following a build like this on poe.ninja. Switched over to yours as the explanations were good and turns out I had a really inefficient tree.

I do not have EE yet. Would that be priority over say the cluster jewels or what? I'm guessing no, since my clear is good. However, the single target is a bit less than I'd hope for, but I'm going to chalk that to just needing to level up some more (currently 73) so I have the passive points.

Hey that cold damage to spells on your wand is adding cold damage to your orb of storms ruining your EE and giving them cold resistance

Sigh. I totally did not realize that. I had gotten that wand before I put points into EE. Never realized it. That would by why my single target damage has been so bad.

Literally face tanking red tier conquerors and doing zero dps...

Anyways, even if I drop OoS first, it's still going to apply as cold damage then?

EXIT: You're talking about the flat cold to spells, not the % cold damage right?
Last edited by Windfuriouss on Jul 1, 2020, 4:21:42 PM
"
Sigh. I totally did not realize that. I had gotten that wand before I put points into EE. Never realized it. That would by why my single target damage has been so bad.

Literally face tanking red tier conquerors and doing zero dps...

Anyways, even if I drop OoS first, it's still going to apply as cold damage then?

EXIT: You're talking about the flat cold to spells, not the % cold damage right?

Yeah any flat added cold damage to spells (from wand or abyssal jewels etc) will make OoS deal lightning and cold damage making them weak to fire but stronger against cold and lightning
Last edited by ElJesse on Jul 1, 2020, 5:46:58 PM
Wouldn't having elemental focus on vortex ruin the extra effect you would get from bonechill? Having the elemental focus would increase the damage of the vortex itself, but lower the dps of the brands when the target is chilled by vortex right?
"
Wouldn't having elemental focus on vortex ruin the extra effect you would get from bonechill? Having the elemental focus would increase the damage of the vortex itself, but lower the dps of the brands when the target is chilled by vortex right?

You're right, it's supposed to be controlled destruction. Ty for pointing it out, I'll change it!
thanks for the guide, I will start my first time adventure into HC with this, I started with another character and tried out wintertide and was like, oh thats a nice interaction so yeah :D rerolling on that :P
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
Lyxara wrote:
thanks for the guide, I will start my first time adventure into HC with this, I started with another character and tried out wintertide and was like, oh thats a nice interaction so yeah :D rerolling on that :P

Good luck and have fun :)
I'm definitely not a HC player, however I made this character in SC and find it very satisfying to play, however my boss dmg sucks, like any map boss takes a few seconds to kill, but any elder guardian etc is meh.

My gear is decent I'd say, I didn't invest super hard into it, my amulet is missing cold dmg and cold dmg multi which I will get asap when I get the right seeds...but the rest is actually good I'd say, how can I improve on single target dmg?

I got also 5 cluster jewels:
large: deep chill, disorienting display, prismatic heart
medium: holy conquest, brand loyalty
medium: deep chill, vile reinvigoration
small: elegant form
small: mystical ward

Edit just tried again and its actually not that bad, the Elder guardian had 50% increased life map mod :D but still Im happy for any feedback!

Last edited by Lyxara on Jul 12, 2020, 10:28:15 AM
Ok, killed all bosses yesterday deathless, works super fine, super safe, thanks for the build ;)
"
Lyxara wrote:
Ok, killed all bosses yesterday deathless, works super fine, super safe, thanks for the build ;)

Awesome man, glad you liked it :)
Is PoB calculating wintertide damage correctly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info