[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

"
zorker wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
Can probably swap out Brutality for Vicious Projectiles as it'd boost overall dps...

No, you want that attack speed. You want to get as close to 20 fuses as often as possible on bosses. The difference between 15 and 20 fuses is insane.

If you take Necromancer you go for Glancing blows of course.

If it is only for dps annointing Command of Steel is an option because of all the block chance. I will most likely annoint Watchtowers for 7 totems because again hitting 20 fuses as often as possible on really difficult bosses is key.

Good eye on Command of Steel, even does more DPS than Growth and decay. As for Vicious Projectiles doesn't affect attack speed, just projectile speed, and only 10% less, so it's not a dramatic loss regardless, though after alternating between the two in PoB, there must be a hidden modifier that the tooltip doesn't indicate about the attack speed loss.
Last edited by reciprocate on Jul 6, 2020, 4:06:37 AM
It does affect it. Just enable/disable Brutality/Vicious Projectiles in your PoB for Explosive Arrow. It lowers the attack rate.
Noob question, I rarely play bleed builds if ever so pardon it in advance. But is having bleed chance (same with impale, poison, etc) matter if it's over 100%? For this build it really shouldn't matter due to The Siege clusterjewel giving automatic bleed+maim on all projectile hits.

I ask in case for the future if possible to hit 100% bleed chance without requiring the Siege so having a quiver with chain corrupt implicit could be useful.
Chain/Fork/Pierce is bad for EA since the Fuse will only trigger on the last target (or wall) hit.

Btw I just found sth. amazing. If you hit 20 fuses the explosion will trigger instantly. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fgorer/explosive_arrow_just_got_nuked/fk5zvrq?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

If the target is a huge boss and you have 7 totems with 3 arrows each the fuse will pop on each attack cycle.

That is interesting because bleed damage has a range. The more you pop the higher the probability of hitting a high roll.
Last edited by zorker on Jul 6, 2020, 6:25:06 AM
"
reciprocate wrote:
Noob question, I rarely play bleed builds if ever so pardon it in advance. But is having bleed chance (same with impale, poison, etc) matter if it's over 100%? For this build it really shouldn't matter due to The Siege clusterjewel giving automatic bleed+maim on all projectile hits.

bleed chance over 100% shouldn't matter at all. I am using the siege because of the knockback as an option not mandatory because you get all the bleed chance you need from tree. EA will not explode if you use fork/pierce/chain with it.
I am not sure how the Siege affects maps with chance to avoid bleed to be honest.
"
zorker wrote:

That is interesting because bleed damage has a range. The more you pop the higher the probability of hitting a high roll.

EA calculates the physical damage for each arrow separately and then combine them on explosion. so unlike other bleed builds where one hits determines the damage roll, in this build you get the average of 20 hits
Quick flask suggestion, get a Dying Sun. 2 Extra projectiles on flask effect and increased AoE for explosive arrow detonations should make things better for both single target and clear too.
"
reciprocate wrote:
Quick flask suggestion, get a Dying Sun. 2 Extra projectiles on flask effect and increased AoE for explosive arrow detonations should make things better for both single target and clear too.

It will definitely help with clear but not much for single target since extra arrows will not hit the same target.
Hi this pob doesn't work https://pastebin.com/n0KjibNz
"
schweini_88 wrote:
Hi this pob doesn't work https://pastebin.com/n0KjibNz

What do you mean? If you mean that it won't work if you load the address in PoB, just load the address in your browser, then copy the entire pastebin code into PoB itself, that works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info