Changing weapons on ranger resets default attack to left mouse

I only noticed this on the ranger, I will have to test another class to see if it happens there as well.

My ranger uses the elemental gem attack on her left mouse button almost exclusively. I remapped the regular attack to "q", and never use it since if I run out of mana using other attacks, elemental attack defaults to a regular attack anyway.

The problem is that every time I switch out a bow for a higher quality bow or better magic bow, the standard attack remaps itself to the left-mouse button. "q" also stays a standard attack, and it remaps elemental weapon to whatever the right-most unused slot is.

This is a very small bug, but can be quite annoying, especially at low levels where there is a lot of switching out and trying new items.
This happens on all classes that i've seen.

Steps to replicate:

Login to duelist

Setup 2 item sets with a sword/shield on #1 and a bow on #2.

Set 2 sword skill gems into other gear.
(no gems on sword/shield)
(example:cleave and dual strike)

set 1 bow skill into bow.
(example: poison arrow)

Assign cleave to left click and dual strike to right click on weapon set #1.

Switch to weapon set #2 and assign poison arrow to right click. (leave left click as default attack)

Switch weapons sets a few times.

Expected result: Skills should stay as assigned, and switch depending on weapon. Left click should toggle between default attack and cleave.

Actual result: Default attack replaces the cleave skill on weapon set #1.

Note/workaround: This bug only affects "Default Attack". Assigning both left and right click to skills allows the skills to toggle correctly.
The only way to truly fail is to never try at all.
We've got this on our list to fix for 0.9.12!
Balance & Design
additional note: This apparently also affects "detonate mine".
The only way to truly fail is to never try at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info