[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
Imp0815 wrote:
I'm little confused how i can progress with this build? I'm 74 now and i'm sitting of a meager 30k CDPS and it shows. My Minions having constant problems dealing with packs and the mapping progress in T1 Maps is really slow. I have only 17C left with maybe 7 more to come.
All the Cluster Jewels are crazy expensive now and i don't really see a way to progress here without getting bored(run Blood Aqueduct/Quarry all day).
One step i see would be to go for charisma with lvl 75 but one purity aura more does not seem to be the awnser here because my pob says it would only be 3% dmg.

Can somebody please take a look and maybe give me hope again to keep on playing?
https://pastebin.com/t58MfU0E

I have nearly all gear. the Shav's(3+ Ex), the Golem Stones (30 to 120C) and of course the majority of the Cluster Jewels are missing.

Your PoB says 30k because you haven't properly configured it with the amulet modifiers in the FAQ section. You do much more.

For damage, I believe it is a must to get a multistrike gem. Shavronne's is definitely not needed but a bonus, I think if you're struggling on money get a 6L Solaris Lorica. Like OP said, it got him to level 93 quite easily with around 5k ES.

Unless you can easily get a 6L Shavronne's It would be better of you getting better rolls on your Sin Trek's by buying a different one and then qualitying it.
Buy a Vertex Helmet giving you around 150-200 more flat ES.
Get atleast a 130 ES pair of gloves, will barely cost anything.

Don't know why your using both frostblink and shield charge.

If you can't afford the skill points to allocate into a large cluster, you can simply just socket a medium cluster with pure aptitude to gain that lightning resistance from the purity of lightning your not using.

You have desecrete instead of vulnerability. Losing a lot of damage there and It's a lot more damage than you think.

TLDR: Sell Shavronne's Wrapping, Buy 6L Solaris Lorica and min-max other items and gems

Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 5, 2020, 8:47:33 AM
"
velaxi1 wrote:
Is there any priority on which awoken gem need to buy?

IMO (In terms of budget):
Awakened Brutality > Awakened Melee Physical Damage > Awakened Minion Damage > Awakened Multistrike

If you have infinite budget.
Awakened Multistrike > Awakened Brutality > Awakened melee Physical Damage > Awakened Minion Damage

"
dailybg wrote:
I think I will drop the 5 point flask recover into ES cause I'm 92 and I need points, I will try to encorporate enduring cry and test it for myself, I got a lucky craft the other day for a large cluster - rotten claws/renewal/primordial bond so my question is do I have 100% chance to impale with that node alone and generosity+dread banner ? (I read your response to the other guy, but I wanna know if it's a 100%) I'm still rocking Solaris Lorica and I have other things to buy with my currency than buying a Shav's :D (good phys mitigation corruption on the shield, have to roll my other large cluster etc)

Enduring Cry seems interesting since we can easily get minimum endurance charges on our rings.
You do not have 100% impale because dread banner gives 60% chance to impale while you still need 40% which the impale gem gives.. So you need two rotten claws to replace the impale gem.
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 5, 2020, 9:13:22 AM
"
Nuboo wrote:

Your PoB says 30k because you haven't properly configured it with the amulet modifiers in the FAQ section. You do much more.

For damage, I believe it is a must to get a multistrike gem. Shavronne's is definitely not needed but a bonus, I think if you're struggling on money get a 6L Solaris Lorica. Like OP said, it got him to level 93 quite easily with around 5k ES.

Unless you can easily get a 6L Shavronne's It would be better of you getting better rolls on your Sin Trek's by buying a different one and then qualitying it.

If you can't afford the skill points to allocate into a large cluster, you can simply just socket a medium cluster with pure aptitude to gain that lightning resistance from the purity of lightning your not using.

You have desecrete instead of vulnerability. Losing a lot of damage there and It's a lot more damage than you think.

TLDR: Sell Shavronne's Wrapping, Buy 6L Solaris Lorica and min-max other items and gems

Thank you for your help!

Yes the DMG on paper is higher as 30k but it still feels to slow. Withe packs nearly take 3 seconds to clear. Yellow Mobs take thrice the time.

Sorry i did a typo there, i have a 5L Solaris Lorica. But not the Shav's.
I'm missing a red socket for Multistrike.

Everything expensive is out of reach right now. As i said i'm sitting on 17C and Mapping T1 is no fun or to rippy because the Golems are too slow/weak. The main problem isn't surviveability, the DMG is to low.

Shield Charge is not reliable when it come to escaping or crossing gaps. Also i have the free Socket until i get charisma or the cluster jewels for the additional Aura.

The Cluster jewels right now are at 50c and rising no matter the stats. So they are out of reach. I'm sitting on 4 skill points and i have no idea what to do with them.

I could change desecrate for vulnerability but self casting curses is tedious and a potential health risk with 3k ES.(I use desecrate for resummoning my specters)
"
Imp0815 wrote:
"
Nuboo wrote:

Thank you for your help!

Yes the DMG on paper is higher as 30k but it still feels to slow. Withe packs nearly take 3 seconds to clear. Yellow Mobs take thrice the time.

Sorry i did a typo there, i have a 5L Solaris Lorica. But not the Shav's.
I'm missing a red socket for Multistrike.

Everything expensive is out of reach right now. As i said i'm sitting on 17C and Mapping T1 is no fun or to rippy because the Golems are too slow/weak. The main problem isn't surviveability, the DMG is to low.

Shield Charge is not reliable when it come to escaping or crossing gaps. Also i have the free Socket until i get charisma or the cluster jewels for the additional Aura.

The Cluster jewels right now are at 50c and rising no matter the stats. So they are out of reach. I'm sitting on 4 skill points and i have no idea what to do with them.

I could change desecrate for vulnerability but self casting curses is tedious and a potential health risk with 3k ES.(I use desecrate for resummoning my specters)

Even if you're missing a red socket, I would still replace a gem in your 5L with a multistrike and see how that goes. It will speed up the carrion golems by a lot.

Tree wise, respec your large cluster and head down towards charisma as there is a socket there where you can place your primordial jewel.

I did not allocate a single skill point into cluster jewels until I could get to the medium socket while also having charisma on my tree.

Other than that I'm not so sure why you're struggling so much. I managed to get by on Purity of Elements + Goldrim + String of Servitude(Elemental Resistance Implicit) and no other aura's.

I see that the cluster jewels bases are getting more expensive because of the changes. Since they are so expensive, get bases with less than 6 passive skills for the time being because they should be less expensive.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/8n7lJgVIV
There aren't that many at the moment but if you bide your time, you should be able to find a cheap one. If not, it's not the end of the world.

If you are struggling real bad even after this, hit me up with a message in game and I can sort something out.
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 5, 2020, 9:37:50 AM
"
Nuboo wrote:

Even if you're missing a red socket, I would still replace a gem in your 5L with a multistrike and see how that goes. It will speed up the carrion golems by a lot.

If you have spare alterations, look into buying the base 6 Passive medium cluster and craft it yourself. It's easier than you think. I do not believe those clusters are worth 50c. (If they are worth 50C each, easy money right there tbh).

Tree wise, respec your large cluster and head down towards charisma as there is a socket there where you can place your primordial jewel.

I did not allocate a single skill point into cluster jewels until I could get to the medium socket while also having charisma on my tree.

Other than that I'm not so sure why you're struggling so much. I managed to get by on Purity of Elements + Goldrim + String of Servitude(Elemental Resistance Implicit) and no other aura's.

If you are struggling real bad even after this, hit me up with a message in game and I can sort something out.

If i replace Melee Phys or Brutality with Multistrike i loose dps...

I used this link from the OP https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/oaG7qOqtl
The cheapest ones are 40C
The bases are sold in 1 second or nearly as expensive because people are doing just that buy a cheap one, alt it and sell if for 50C. I'm sitting in live search as of now and try to get a cheap one under 17C. There is one every 2 to 5 minutes but most of the time nobody answers and dials the price up.

I only have one Primordial Jewel(Might) as of now and its socketed in the Large cluster jewel because i need to skill it anyways to get to rotten claws.
charisma is only 3% DMG i don't know if its worth it and maybe i should go for an aura cluster jewel first.

I mostly struggle with the performance, its to slow. i can't even delve with this build because my minions can't kill lvl 68 Mobs fast enough before the cart moves on.
"
Imp0815 wrote:
"
Nuboo wrote:

If you have spare alterations, look into buying the base 6 Passive medium cluster and craft it yourself. It's easier than you think. I do not believe those clusters are worth 50c. (If they are worth 50C each, easy money right there tbh).

I used this link from the OP https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/oaG7qOqtl
The bases are sold in 1 second or nearly as expensive because people are doing just that buy a cheap one, alt it and sell if for 50C. I'm sitting in live search as of now and try to get a cheap one under 17C. There is one every 2 to 5 minutes but most of the time nobody answers and dials the price up.

I only have one Primordial Jewel(Might) as of now and its socketed in the Large cluster jewel because i need to skill it anyways to get to rotten claws.
charisma is only 3% DMG i don't know if its worth it and maybe i should go for an aura cluster jewel first.

I mostly struggle with the performance, its to slow. i can't even delve with this build because my minions can't kill lvl 68 Mobs fast enough before the cart moves on.

Multistrike DPS is lower because it's assuming your focusing on one target. When minions go for clear, they usually jump and cascade, with multistrike they should be doing that quite often making them quick and their attacks overlapping with each other like a shotgun effect.

I did edit the post so i'm not sure if you saw, but look for ones with less than 6 passives because you don't really need them at the moment.

Once again, give me a message in game and we can sort something out.
Last edited by Nuboo on Jul 5, 2020, 9:41:51 AM
"
Imp0815 wrote:

It is sad to me that the jewel bases I bought for 1-5c have skyrocketed in price so much but thats what the market will do and the jewels are much better now for pretty much anyone using them

The build can function perfectly well without any large clusters and the only medium cluster it really needs is for the pure aptitude notable. I'm going to add in the option that this can also be rolled on a small lightning resistance cluster jewel for those who are really struggling on currency.

Your deviations from the leveling guide certainly will have made things tougher for you and I'm glad Nuboo could help you out.

Not using multistrike is uh not recommended on carrion golems since it triples their ability to use their clearing skill on packs

This build is so built around auras that I really think that you should be running all of them at 68 as soon as you swap into using the shield, my leveling tree prioritises getting all the aura nodes by that point. Just make sure your clarity is lvl 1, precision is lvl 10 and everything else should have leveled with you to 18 or so and be good to go

Buying a lvl 20 Carrion golem gem at 70 might also be a good idea. Cheap significant power boost that can be resold once you can replace it with better later on
I don't think too many players run this build but I guess other builds are using the same jewels and drive prices high. Large cluster jewels are almost to the same price they were before the patch and rising fast...

I'm trying to decide which PA jewel to use
this one:

Or my current one - small passives also grant 9 ES and 3 str but not res presence
(For now I need the strength)

I also noticed nobody is using the regen enhance on the boots-it add 150 es/sec when hit and is really nice

Sitting nicely now at 8.5k ES
"
snowmittens wrote:
I don't think too many players run this build but I guess other builds are using the same jewels and drive prices high. Large cluster jewels are almost to the same price they were before the patch and rising fast...

I'm trying to decide which PA jewel to use
this one:

Or my current one - small passives also grant 9 ES and 3 str but not res presence
(For now I need the strength)

I also noticed nobody is using the regen enhance on the boots-it add 150 es/sec when hit and is really nice

Sitting nicely now at 8.5k ES

I was thinking that aura supports also want 6-socket jewels and drove up the market. Or maybe they are just buying any aura jewels and size doesn't matter but aura focused supports are what I think of when I think of others using them

Tough call but probably worth getting the strength so you can pick up replenishing presence. I'd look to get some Str on an Abyss jewel for your belt

I agree that enchanting the boots is a good upgrade. I ran uber lab 8 times looking for either life regen on hit or movement speed if haven't been hit. Got unlucky and hit nothing useful and got sick of running lab so gave up
Thanks for the nice guide and answering all the questions (over and over again :D).

Could you please go somewhat more into detail about jewel crafting? I bought a shitty large so I don't have to sit on all the skill points (already spent them on small ES nodes in order to not having them sit around uselessly). Minion ones were just too expensive.

I just noticed that there are different seeds within each color. So "blue lighning" is probably some seed with "lightning" in it's name? Given that I have the base, what exactly should I roll? And should I only plant blue lightning and yellow life or doesn't it matter whether I mix them with others?

The next steps for me, apart from leveling, will be (correct me if I'm wrong):
Get another large cluster.
Get 3 medium cluster with aura effect and some of the minion notables.
Get 2 more primordal.
Color my Sin Trek so I can finally wear them.
Annoitment
A nicer belt & some abyssals
6L Shav's
Watcher's
21/23 and awakened supports

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info