The Future of Stash Tabs

Those Tab Affinities should be somehow expanded so they could be used with normal tabs. At least in a limited way so someone who bought nothing can still get it. Those persons are already limited so the limitation might not even affect them. In this way it would be less pay for convenience as at least all get a taste of the functionality.
Expanding loot without doing something for a vanilla client that didn't bought anything is really worrying me and is problematic.

This really affected what i think about GGG in a bad way.
I hope coming Solutions will resolve some problems but at this point in time i don't think GGG will be able to.
Last edited by Simondererste on Jun 25, 2020, 12:59:35 AM
Even if you think it's a lot of work, please give your customers the ability to combine premium tabs into quad tabs. It will reduce the clutter by a huge amount.

Please please please we all want this.
"
Filliben wrote:
"
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. I've been thinking about this even more lately, especially after someone said they weren't sure why Scarabs are in the fragments tab.

So, to me, currency is any item used to modify another item. This makes oils, delirium orbs, catalysts, and similar items currency.

Fragments are anything, or their constituent parts, other than a map you put in the map device. So simulacrum splinters and the simulacrum are fragments.

Maps are well, maps. So blighted maps go in the maps tab.

Anything else could reasonably go in a new tab, such as the Metamorph body parts.

This is why I don't mind fossils being in their own tab. Sure, I would categorize the resonators as currency but the fossils are not and having them in the same tab makes sense. Divination cards are another great example of an item that deserves its own tab.

Essences are currency and really should be part of the currency tab, but because there are so many and it seemed an exception to the rule of currency going into the currency tab... well, I sort of didn't care. Shame on me on that one I guess.

But now we're at the point where new league = new tab if there's a decent amount of stuff, or new league = tough shit if there isn't. For example, Incursion vials, Breach blessings, Betrayal enhanced breachstones. Those should be in currency, currency, and fragments respectively.

The idea is one of trust and holding GGG to the expectations they've set. This is why anytime anyone has ever suggested they bring back old packs I've felt confident it won't happen, because they said it won't. (And on that one I still believe that.)

Not updating existing tabs to hold stuff that they should hold violates that trust. It could cost $0.01 per tab or $10.

I obviously have no problem paying money for this game, I do have a problem paying for these tabs.

+1. This chap understands

yup +1
"
Razis wrote:
Check this out. (not mine, credit to the reddit guy 'carlobot')

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hfe9er/ggg_im_ux_designer_maybe_you_need_some_extra_hands/

It's pretty self explanatory given the context.

Things fit.
It can be done nicely. It's even pleasant to look at.
Notice how the uber atziri frags are next to the regular fragments. Not on the other ******* side of the tab for some random reason. I mean, seriously, wtf. I'm trying really hard not to be mean. I'm just gonna say there is room for improvement.

It should be logical and reasonable. All design should be this way, in fact. It's not about some OCD bullshit, it's about conveing a message with your design so that the user can understand it nice and clear.

Just look at the harvest league, you released blocks of text on the crafting stations instead of coding it somehow so it's instantly transparent with a blink of an eye. Some poeple on reddit instatly popped out and solved it for you... I mean... random people that probably don't even have a job in the field.

yo that looks realy nice. a man can dream right... those last stash tabs make me realy realy sad :((((
Last edited by Rekill on Jun 25, 2020, 2:12:04 AM
,ok
Oh how I miss playing D2 compared to this stash tab monstrosity

Even muling on D2 wasn't even this bad lmao
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Jun 25, 2020, 2:37:11 AM
For all those players who have played for a long time, a nice QoL would be to be able to combine 4 normal tabs into a quad one.

Before quad tabs were announced, I bought a bunch of normal ones. Now I'm stuck with these... Even if I bought some quad tabs for convenience, I still can't hide the normal ones or do something about them.

Is it that hard to let us convert them?
Make lab optional! Give us another way to get the ascendancy points we need.

#CantGitGudAtLab
It's a really good idea making stash tabs for free, it will make the game less "Hoard/pay for win" and less a monthly premium subscription in the game, but, people that already purchase stash tabs for every league in the past is just mental, this needed to be added before when the game launched.

I mean, the stash tab for blight don't make any sense and it's just a mess, there's a lot of stash tabs for every league in the core game and making them so stressful to find a specific item you looted before. You guys need to fix those stash tabs, there's a lot of people asking it.

I really hope that this become a thing and hopefully making more helpful to the community and to the new players of the game(i mean, paying for stash tabs with real money is just really scammy and doesn't make any sense), my problem is, i don't want to buy with real money for a million stash tabs for every new league or specific items, currency, etc. If you want to spend your money is this awesome game, buy the mtx packs and supporter editions.

P.D: The people that already bought stash tabs in the past, they need to be recompensated like mtx, skins, portraits, etc.
As for stash folders. NO thank you. This just HIDES the problem, instead of solving it!
-
-
-

Quality of life would be, in a single word, "Terraria" (THE inventory management system POE needs to implement)

Summary:
- 1st, a "stack all" button where you literally dump all of your inventory into the proper tab which already has the exact same item stacks in the stash somewhere.. with a single click.

- 2nd, a "dump all" button which will dump ALL remaining items that are not already found in the stash, into a designated "dump tab(s)".. with a single click!

- 3rd, this would also need to include a "lock" feature, so you could select certain items in inventory to NOT be dumped into stash when you select the "stash/dump all" buttons. (such as wisdom and portal scrolls.. or the next map you intend to run)

---
Last, to expanding upon that system that Terraria uses, to make POE inventory management the best it can be -

The Affinity system mentioned in the original post could absolutely further expand on Terraria's inventory management.

By that i mean you flag every "non-stackable" item type into a groups, such as described. but not just random league items. Gear also. Things such as flasks, boots, skill gems, etc. There is no limit to this Affinity concept. Simply give us an optional "check box" accompanied by simply adding one of something into a tab and then = that tab becomes designated for that item TYPE (boot for example).
Last edited by infected on Jun 25, 2020, 3:27:23 AM
Instead of adding more and more tabs and slots it would be really time to get rid of like 50% of curency.

The game is plagued with tons of league mechanics that a more casual player (read: Plays 10-20 hours a week not per day) only sees like 2 times per week and cant "use" it in any meaningfull way anyway.

I would really like to see a "clean my league" option that removes all the old stuff and concentrates on new league stuff - or let me choose 3 "league options" to see a lot by giving up all the rest.

Last edited by return33 on Jun 25, 2020, 3:55:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info