[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

Question on pinpoint and intensify supports. Do you have to stand still for them to give bonus? And if yes, wouldn't simple multipliers like lightning pen and controlled destruction be better? Especially against Maven bosses where you have to constantly kite in a pretty small arena? Or is the build tanky enough to stand still in the endgame?
"
diablomig wrote:
Question on pinpoint and intensify supports. Do you have to stand still for them to give bonus? And if yes, wouldn't simple multipliers like lightning pen and controlled destruction be better? Especially against Maven bosses where you have to constantly kite in a pretty small arena? Or is the build tanky enough to stand still in the endgame?

They snapshot. So you place them, building intensity, and then you can move.

But it's really you're preference. I like Pinpoint+Lightning Pen personally.

When you say snapshot, does that mean once you hit 3 intensity, you have to drop 3 more geysers because the first two are lvl 1 and 2 respectively?

Does this actually result in more dps, especially for a boss who kites around a lot and goes out of the aoe of the geysers?
"
bowen123 wrote:

When you say snapshot, does that mean once you hit 3 intensity, you have to drop 3 more geysers because the first two are lvl 1 and 2 respectively?

Does this actually result in more dps, especially for a boss who kites around a lot and goes out of the aoe of the geysers?

Yeah that's what I mean.

It's also why I like pinpoint and not intensify. Pinpoint is ALWAYS a damage multiplier (more proj=more DPS) so even with stacks it's adding damage.

Depends on individual style I think really. Do what feels better to you.
What about Pledge of Hands? It has 160% increased spell damage and 100% increased mana and a 6L, which allows us to swap to alternative kaoms heart (+500 flat mana!)
And greater echo in Pledge of hands means you drop 3 cremation in one cast.
"
diablomig wrote:
What about Pledge of Hands? It has 160% increased spell damage and 100% increased mana and a 6L, which allows us to swap to alternative kaoms heart (+500 flat mana!)
And greater echo in Pledge of hands means you drop 3 cremation in one cast.

It's sloooooooooooooow

That's the issue.

Also, Wand+Shield add a lot of damage+defence
Hi Grpyh! My first time playing PoE was right at the end of Synthesis League, which was about the end of spring in 2018. I did quite horribly and languished at the bottom of the learning curve for quite awhile. I played a little bit when Delirium League came out, but I didn't get far with it. My friend told me that Ritual League was coming out this January, so I decided to look up Necro-based stuff to see what I could build into.

I decided to do Cremation, and then found your Archmage Cremation build... and I've got to say dude, this build is seriously awesome. Especially for this league -- sitting in one spot and just holding my cremation button and continuously popping geysers is such a rush. Leveling through acts 1 - 10 was quite a drag and made me doubt this build, but by the time I did Uber Lab and got to yellow tier maps, and especially when I got enough exalted orbs to buy that Cloak of Defiance -- this shit is through the roof and I love it (but my budget PC hates it lmao).

I must ask one question from your expertise: what anointment should I do for the Atziri's Foible unique amulet? I literally scrolled through all available anointments, and the best ones I think are: Mana Flows; Static Blow; Arcane Swiftness; but most importantly, *Crusader.*

Crusader just gives a decent 8% increased max mana, BUT it also makes it so all increases to maximum mana will be calculated at 30% as extra boosts to damage (Transfiguration of Mind).

I'm assuming that Crusader is the best anointment for this build, because this build has such huge boosts to mana from the passive tree and gear, which I'm hoping translates into bigger damage boosts when compared to Static Blow. If it is a bigger damage boost, then clearly Crusader would be a better choice than Static Blow as it would give more damage AND give more mana. I'm still using Skyforth unique boots, and the Power Charges it grants me basically ensures that I'm always proc'ing Elemental Overload; I'm also using Shock Nova in the Kitava's Thirst unique helm, and that helps with applying shock at increased effects. At that point, Static Blow seems like it could be wasting an anointment. If Transfiguration of Mind doesn't give a good damage boost, then that would mean the choice is left between Mana Flows and Arcane Swiftness for the anointment... and that's not an easy choice for me to compare lol

But! As I said, I wanted to ask you, as this is your build... and I'm also too lazy to look through the 50+ forum pages :(
"
KPDLuxLieb wrote:
Hi Grpyh! My first time playing PoE was right at the end of Synthesis League, which was about the end of spring in 2018. I did quite horribly and languished at the bottom of the learning curve for quite awhile. I played a little bit when Delirium League came out, but I didn't get far with it. My friend told me that Ritual League was coming out this January, so I decided to look up Necro-based stuff to see what I could build into.

I decided to do Cremation, and then found your Archmage Cremation build... and I've got to say dude, this build is seriously awesome. Especially for this league -- sitting in one spot and just holding my cremation button and continuously popping geysers is such a rush. Leveling through acts 1 - 10 was quite a drag and made me doubt this build, but by the time I did Uber Lab and got to yellow tier maps, and especially when I got enough exalted orbs to buy that Cloak of Defiance -- this shit is through the roof and I love it (but my budget PC hates it lmao).

I must ask one question from your expertise: what anointment should I do for the Atziri's Foible unique amulet? I literally scrolled through all available anointments, and the best ones I think are: Mana Flows; Static Blow; Arcane Swiftness; but most importantly, *Crusader.*

Spoiler
Crusader just gives a decent 8% increased max mana, BUT it also makes it so all increases to maximum mana will be calculated at 30% as extra boosts to damage (Transfiguration of Mind).

I'm assuming that Crusader is the best anointment for this build, because this build has such huge boosts to mana from the passive tree and gear, which I'm hoping translates into bigger damage boosts when compared to Static Blow. If it is a bigger damage boost, then clearly Crusader would be a better choice than Static Blow as it would give more damage AND give more mana. I'm still using Skyforth unique boots, and the Power Charges it grants me basically ensures that I'm always proc'ing Elemental Overload; I'm also using Shock Nova in the Kitava's Thirst unique helm, and that helps with applying shock at increased effects. At that point, Static Blow seems like it could be wasting an anointment. If Transfiguration of Mind doesn't give a good damage boost, then that would mean the choice is left between Mana Flows and Arcane Swiftness for the anointment... and that's not an easy choice for me to compare lol

But! As I said, I wanted to ask you, as this is your build... and I'm also too lazy to look through the 50+ forum pages :(

Hey! I'm super glad you're enjoying the game with my build. That's super cool!

As for Anoints: if you're using Kitava's Helmet then you definitely want to anoint Crusader. It's BIS for damage. The next best would be arcane swiftness.

Regarding shock/etc...

We shock with corpse pact ascendancy for a base 15% increased damage taken applied to enemies. No need for you to use shock nova in helmet as shocks applied with hits are based on damage from those hits which is going to be relatively small from Nova in helmet.

Basically, every time you cast desecrate you are applying a stronger shock than Shock Nova will ever be able to apply. :P
Hey!
I'm having way too much fun with this build and I'll be definitely upgrading it even further. If anyone in this thread has +1 enchanted helmet and will be finishing playing with the build I'll gladly buy it, there's like no zealot helmets with it on the market since the beginning of the league hah.

With corrupted blood immunity jewel I can tank Sirus A8 whole beam, the damage is fine, currently sitting on 11k mana and 3.5k life which is more than enough to blast through content.

My gear is nowhere near perfect, but as I've said it's just more than enough to do everything this game has to offer. I'll upgrade my rings and gloves soon to crusader's vermillion ring with spell damage, gloves are going to be silk gloves with crusader's spell damage too.

Instead of going pinpoint+intensify I went for lightning pen + intensify, also swapping intensify for conc effect on tougher bosses.

Spoiler
I am again with another stupid suggestion. New Maven helmet opens up interesting possibility in combination with coward's legacy belt. The belt makes us always on low life so we can take Pain Atttunement for one skill point and get 30% more damage. The helmet makes us curse immune if we have one ring magic (not rare). So at the expense of the belt slot, losing kitava helmet (probably can switch to cwdt there) and losing maybe some stuff from one ring (it will have to be magic), we are getting 30% more damage and curse immunity, which is always good in end game maps since they always roll with nasty curses with increased effectiveness. It probably opens up nother shenanigans with low life status because there are quite a lot of items that give bonuses when you are on low life, like Daresson shield that gives you basically 50 attack and 50 spell block without any investement at all. That frees the 4 points we put in the spell block cluster on top.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info