"...As all things should be..."

Idea:
A 'perfectly balanced' Scion. Attack type doesn't matter here. Weapons, skills, elemental damage, nothing like that matters to the idea of this build. The only requirement for the theory build is that all three stats--INT, STR, and DEX--are all equal.
Isn't that supposed to be the beauty of a scion in the first place? Weapons, gems, skills, damage types, they're all inconsequential because they're all interchangeable.
Now, make no mistake. I'm fully aware such a build wouldn't be endgame-viable. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting to see it done. And maybe--just maybe--it'll be fun to play. And perhaps just a little more survivable than I originally thought?
I've never seen it done. So the idea is a curiosity. Putting time and effort into doing it may be seen as some as a 'noobtrap'. But PoE is a game, right? Isn't the point of a game supposed to be to have fun?
Please, someone make this happen. I'd be totally willing to put the time and effort into playing the build, but I'd need guidance on where to place the passive points. Not to mention the ascendancy. Surely I can't be the only one curious enough about this idea?
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2020, 11:02:52 PM
See, The scion class was underpowered before they doubled monster HP, added monster resists, added huge amounts of ground effects, added monster damage, and gave monsters huge amounts of meatshield spawns, phases, on death effects and OP mods.

I ran a full block minion build scion before these changes. Cheap, fun, not made for farming shaper or anything: https://pastebin.com/v49CS1We

(If you switch this build to a necro, you'll see that you give up almost nothing to gain double damage, double minion HP and more utility)

Now though, no, I'm not curious. It's just painful experimenting these days. Very painful. I don't want to be a complainer ruining your fun, I just genuinely believe that your idea of an archetype scion will not get past white maps for the above reasons.
Jeez. Bummer. I mean...what's the point of having the scion in the game if you're just going to nerf her archetype into oblivion by way of buffing basically everything about the enemies? I mean why would anyone even bother playing her in the current state of the game, if that's the case? Anything you level and build her to do, there's already a different class that does it better, and with less hassle and more survivability.
I WANT to play scion so bad though. I mean...you have to unlock the class in the first place just to have it. If you're going to do that, make the damn archetype WORTH playing, right?
Is there any hope for the Scion in the way of 'jack of all trades' or is she just completely DOA once you get her?
If you have a build that needs a watered-down ascendancy bonus from column A, and a different watered-down ascendancy bonus from column B, then you can make a wacky build around that with scion e.g. block and bleed damage from Glad Lite (TM) and big recovery and cheap moveskills from TricksterLite (TM) to make a str/dex bleed warrior.

Or Flame dash Totem scion with HieroLite (TM) and ChiefLite (TM).

None of them will be S-tier builds, but they can enable some serious jank for niche purposes, vanity builds, and target farmers/carries.

You never know what you might find in the dumpster. A rusty tin can that gives you tetanus and makes you reroll a week into league....or a dusty old shoebox full of Grandpa's old toys and oh at the bottom is a yellowed wax paper package of Bowman Chewing Gum from 1950 and somewhere in the middle, away from the gum stain, is a Jackie Robinson MVP card in gem mint condition.

I mean, it might not float your boat, maybe you were hoping for a Buck Rogers Ray Gun that's worth US$135,000, or a vintage comic book worth millions. But hey, even if you're not a baseball fan, that few dozen grand can get you farther than a slash across the web of your thumb with a rusted tin can.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info