[3.14] LACERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + EZ to Play + All Content + Block)

"
PegasusRideR wrote:
I suggest importing your character on Required Gear Pob to see your correct DPS(only click "delete skills" while importing items and skills so they won't override). You can also compare your items with Required Gear ones this way since they will stay. Your DPS is 1.73m and your life is 5.6k at the moment. You're not too far from Required Gear. But let's upgrade your gear to Required Gear stats. Get gloves with phys. damage and more attack speed(1.80m), get a steel ring instead of two-stone ring and use Abrasive Catalysts on them(1.89m), get an amulet like the one in Required Gear(1.95m DPS and 5.9k life), add boot enchant(2.03m), make gems 20-20(2.24m), get a better Lion's Roar(2.30m and 5.9k life). I couldn't figure out where that remaining 0.3k is, sorry for that small part. Here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/naFbb7Yi

Thank you for the reply. It helped a bunch. I'll work towards those items. Great guide by the way I'm enjoying it a lot!
Never mind.
Last edited by Xerph on Sep 27, 2020, 8:14:47 PM
Thank you regarding the helmet info - i didn't know that this mod moved to elder.

Is it possible to check my gear - Char: Quakorz

I killed sirus 5, elderand shaper until now.
But the shaper kill took very long because i don't do that much damage.
I have good gear in my opinion, but i miss the flasks, helm enchant+nearby stat and a pride watcher.

I'm also not sure how to calc my dps in PoB - it seems very low.
What whould be the next "big" upgrade for my dps?

My gear:

Thank you!

edit: i just realized that in the finalgem links you switch to impale instead of faster attacks.
Does this make a big difference?
Last edited by Phiro on Sep 28, 2020, 6:23:29 AM
Hi, like the build so far. Had a quick question.

How are we gaining frenzy charges in a fight like Sirius. From my understanding, the only way for us to gain a frenzy charge is by killing.

It's been more than a week into the league so I think it's the time to give some credit to this guide's author. Thank you for making this build, it really is amazing and simple.

Right from the start I felt I was super overpowered. This is the time that took me less time and effort to get to maps. I always play it super lazy (because I hate the campaign) and I take several hours and deaths. With this build it was super straight forward and didnt die even once. It's funny because with every starter build I've used I've always died in every single boss several times.
The only thing you gotta worry when leveling is resistance cap, life and having the best axes possible for your level. The easiest way to use good weapons in the campaign (as with every melee build) is using the Whetstone recipe.

I used items that dropped till yellow maps, because I felt like I didn't need anything in particular. Then I invested into the Soul Taker and the highest dps axe I could afford
and started demolishing every yellow map.

Conquerors were not an issue, but you can clearly see how this build will lack later on against bosses. Don't panic, it's normal. In POE every high clear speed build lacks in bossing and every bossing build lacks fast clear speed.

When I reached red maps I had a lot of currency and I decided to improve every part of my equipment, so I invested around 1ex for each piece of gear. Now I had around 5k hp, INSANE clear speed and I was killing conquerors pretty easily. I killed Sirus on awakening 4 level without much issue aswell.
With this average gear I was farming t12-13 with ease. When I reached T15-16 I started to feel clunky. Even tho I could still farm them, the bosses took 30-45 seconds to die, and it was bothering me a bit. I played blight maps (T13) for a whole day and I made around 10-15ex, and I invested that into my new axe.
Now the damage is on another level, even tho I'm still slowly transitioning into the meta gear.

I must say that I invested more into life than the author, because I feel like the build benefits more from having a bigger life pool than a bit more damage, but mostly I followed the skill tree provided, this was only for the last points on level 89+.

Overall this build is fantastic, for both new and experienced players. I'm really thankfull to the creator because the build made me enjoy this new league way more. I started with Toxic Rain the last 2 leagues and I was getting completely bored of DoT, Lacerate made me start fresh and learn a bit more about melee builds.

I will probably transition into another build in the next 10-15 days, but this one is gonna be my starter for the future leagues for sure.

I'll leave here the items I'm using right now just to serve as an example. It's probably a mess and has a lot of room for improvement!

Have a nice day guys, and sorry for my bad english!
I will be away from home for 2-3 days. I will reply all your questions when I come back. Meanwhile, GL HF and happy Lacerating!

"
Phiro wrote:
Thank you regarding the helmet info - i didn't know that this mod moved to elder.

I have good gear in my opinion, but i miss the flasks, helm enchant+nearby stat and a pride watcher.

Thank you!

edit: i just realized that in the finalgem links you switch to impale instead of faster attacks.

You have 1.22m DPS and 6.0k life at the moment. Congratz for Sirus kill with those stats! You proved here that Sirus can be killed with less than half of Required gear DPS. Let's upgrade your gear. Impale is needed instead of Faster Attacks on Lacerate for %97 Impale chance and it improves DPS a lot(1.61m), changed flask setup adding Lion's Roar and Blood of The Karui, also a Sulphur Flask(1.98m), get better gloves with higher attack speed(2.03m), get steel ring on both and use abrasive catalysts on them(2.18m), add Vulnerability to CWDT setup(2.37m), add Dread banner to your buffs setup which seems missing(2.71m), make gems 20-20(2.76m). Now you're a little higher than Required Gear with little investment. From that point, journey to Meta Gear starts. First big upgrade would be a Watcher's Eye as you said, then add a Vulnerability on Hit ring and remove Vulnerability from CWDT setup, then some more described in Meta Gear part. Good luck upgrading! Here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/QeA9MeNH

For calculating DPS on Pob, just import your character onto Required Gear Pob(click delete skills while importing Items and Skills so they won't override). This way you will see your correct DPS.

"
Tairmenator wrote:
Hi, like the build so far. Had a quick question.

How are we gaining frenzy charges in a fight like Sirius. From my understanding, the only way for us to gain a frenzy charge is by killing.

Hi. If I'm not missing anything, yes we don't gain frenzy charges in a fight like Sirus. We only get them by killing. But we get Endurance charges when hit from Inexorable.

"
Xitomzz wrote:
It's been more than a week into the league so I think it's the time to give some credit to this guide's author. Thank you for making this build, it really is amazing and simple.

Overall this build is fantastic, for both new and experienced players. I'm really thankfull to the creator because the build made me enjoy this new league way more. I started with Toxic Rain the last 2 leagues and I was getting completely bored of DoT, Lacerate made me start fresh and learn a bit more about melee builds.

I will probably transition into another build in the next 10-15 days, but this one is gonna be my starter for the future leagues for sure.

Hi. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with the build and for the long text explaining your whole journey, I appreciate that! It's really important for players to share their experiences and success stories for builds like this and I'm hoping yours will be helpful for many people wanting to play the build.

I checked your character a little. I see that you have 1.91m DPS and 6.6k life. I have to note that all your positive experiences happened with lower than Required Gear DPS, which is 2.6m. You said you will be changing the build in 10-15 days, I recommend trying to upgrade to Meta Gear stats within those days and seeing full capabilities of the build. Meta Gear has 3m more DPS than you have now and I'm sure you'll feel much more comfortable doing endgame bosses with those stats. To be honest, only AUL is a problem for me(especially on deep levels) and I can beat him around Meta Gear stats until like depth 400. I'm sure you know your upgrade path from now on, but I want to make one for you to help a little with progress. Get gloves with phys. damage(1.99m), get Vulnerability on Hit ring and a Steel Ring and also use Abrasive catalysts on them(2.08m and perma Vulnerability), I see that you want more life and didn't go cluster jewel route so change jewels to 4-mods(2.28m), get Watcher's Eye(2.58m), get boot and helm enchants(2.83m), get to Meta gear gem levels and get Enhance on Blood Rage(I missed this part before)(3.17m). You will do much better on bosses with this DPS. Then you can get Meta Gear cluster after like a week later when they become available on trade, as with good life rolls on items you can still be on same life when going cluster way. I'd actually make you a better and longer list of upgrades that'd take you closer to Meta Gear DPS, but I'm in a hurry to travel and your message came at the last second:) Good luck on your journey with the build and here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/gTnSeKqt
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
"
PegasusRideR wrote:

I checked your character a little. I see that you have 1.91m DPS and 6.6k life. I have to note that all your positive experiences happened with lower than Required Gear DPS, which is 2.6m. You said you will be changing the build in 10-15 days, I recommend trying to upgrade to Meta Gear stats within those days and seeing full capabilities of the build. Meta Gear has 3m more DPS than you have now and I'm sure you'll feel much more comfortable doing endgame bosses with those stats. To be honest, only AUL is a problem for me(especially on deep levels) and I can beat him around Meta Gear stats until like depth 400. I'm sure you know your upgrade path from now on, but I want to make one for you to help a little with progress. Get gloves with phys. damage(1.99m), get Vulnerability on Hit ring and a Steel Ring and also use Abrasive catalysts on them(2.08m and perma Vulnerability), I see that you want more life and didn't go cluster jewel route so change jewels to 4-mods(2.28m), get Watcher's Eye(2.58m), get boot and helm enchants(2.83m), get to Meta gear gem levels and get Enhance on Blood Rage(I missed this part before)(3.17m). You will do much better on bosses with this DPS. Then you can get Meta Gear cluster after like a week later when they become available on trade, as with good life rolls on items you can still be on same life when going cluster way. I'd actually make you a better and longer list of upgrades that'd take you closer to Meta Gear DPS, but I'm in a hurry to travel and your message came at the last second:) Good luck on your journey with the build and here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/gTnSeKqt

Thank you so much for your suggestions and for taking your time to give me advice! I really appreciate it. <3

Anyways right now I'm not having any issues with bosses! With that new weapon I'm doing really good. Buying it was just a step forward to going for the meta gear, before rerolling I want to get as close as the meta gear as possible, so dont worry, I will get there sooner or later :D
Last edited by Xitomzz on Sep 28, 2020, 10:45:28 AM
Hey guys, could someone tell me what should I do now? I'm not sure what to change and my dps is pretty low (1,2m) and I've got 5,3k go, I'll appreciate every help :)

Edit: I know I've gotta change Belly to 6 link, I'm currently working on it, also I've got cluster jewel same as in this lovely guide, but I've got to level up more to equip it
Last edited by Misfitek on Sep 28, 2020, 6:32:30 PM
Hey! Really enjoying the build so far, for anyone who still has doubts I just did an A5 Sirus deathless with a 347 pdps axe + Soul Taker.

I managed to craft the axe below but I know its far from the meta gear axe, any advice on what should be my priorities to upgrade now? (Mainly looking for more boss damage, thank you in advance for your help!)

https://pastebin.com/Y4wMSduD
"
PegasusRideR wrote:
I will be away from home for 2-3 days. I will reply all your questions when I come back. Meanwhile, GL HF and happy Lacerating!

"
Phiro wrote:

Thank you!

You have 1.22m DPS and 6.0k life at the moment. Congratz for Sirus kill with those stats! You proved here that Sirus can be killed with less than half of Required gear DPS. Let's upgrade your gear. Impale is needed instead of Faster Attacks on Lacerate for %97 Impale chance and it improves DPS a lot(1.61m), changed flask setup adding Lion's Roar and Blood of The Karui, also a Sulphur Flask(1.98m), get better gloves with higher attack speed(2.03m), get steel ring on both and use abrasive catalysts on them(2.18m), add Vulnerability to CWDT setup(2.37m), add Dread banner to your buffs setup which seems missing(2.71m), make gems 20-20(2.76m). Now you're a little higher than Required Gear with little investment. From that point, journey to Meta Gear starts. First big upgrade would be a Watcher's Eye as you said, then add a Vulnerability on Hit ring and remove Vulnerability from CWDT setup, then some more described in Meta Gear part. Good luck upgrading! Here's the Pob link:

https://pastebin.com/QeA9MeNH

For calculating DPS on Pob, just import your character onto Required Gear Pob(click delete skills while importing Items and Skills so they won't override). This way you will see your correct DPS.

Thank you for the detailed answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info