[3.12] Aziire's Earthshatter Juggernaut - Screenwide Slamming! | League Starter

"
OberstGruber wrote:
"
Pyrok wrote:

I feel like I'm playing a different build than a lot of you guys. I'm killing bosses in mid-red maps in less than two seconds. The only time I've died on any boss was the third time I fought the hunter, and I didn't have remove poison on any of my flasks. I don't feel even remotely squishy, and I feel like my damage is great. I haven't fought Sirus yet, so I guess he'll be the real test.

Hi pyrok. Youre saying that you feel like you are playing another build. I took a look at your profile and you use axe.
When you're saying that you got so great dps, do you mean by your actual build (axes) or doid you just try something new?

I switched my helmet, added another defense flask AND endurance cry. I played maybe 10 lvl 14 rare vaaled maps yesterday including some guardians. Died once because of my own fault. So my build got good dps atm with decent gear, no quality gems and without some crit notes in the three.

Looking forward for your reply.

I'm using essentially the base build, except for I switched to axes and switched the mace nodes to axe nodes of course. I'm currently steam rolling t16 maps. I've died twice out of roughly 20 maps.

The first death was the shitty interaction between slams and non-targetable terrain more so than anything else. I was in a breach, jumped into a massive pack of mobs and tried to ES but apparently I was clicking on a pile of rubble or some shit that I couldn't see due to the mob density, so no ES happened and I died before I could leap back out.

The second death was to the Redeemer and me just not paying attention.

I'm pretty happy with where I'm at currently, my next moves are:

Get a 6L Astral Plate with crit & explode (still debating explode, i have absolutely no issue with map clear)
Get a 900 pdps axe
Thanks to your ideas and comments Im doing great atm. Switched to axes and melting t16 bosses and concerors. Still want to 6 socket my weapon so that I can use pride with enlighten lvl 3. But I don't have zero dps problems atm. Feels good and survivability is also good.
Hi, just have a few questions regarding Earthshatter. I am currently level 57 and still havent picked an ascendancy yet. Stuck between berserker and Juggernaut. I've seen on Poe.ninja site that most of all the big dps comes from berserker and rarely see any juggs make it over 1.7mil dps. Can someone tell me the pros and cons between the two and if berserker is that much harder to play or requires insane amount of gear to be justifiable. First character on this league and I haven't play in over a yr so im slowing relearning everything. Thanks in advance for any tips.

i have about 10 ex to spend what you guys recommend for upgrades to my gear?
Also should i be using unyielding or unbreakable?

(debating switching to axes)

thanks!

better double curse or explode? people switch to axe but pob say to me that i must have 1k physic dps for do the job better then maroqi......

next upgrade ryslata coil? i feel so slow and squishy.......
"
Beskaius wrote:

better double curse or explode? people switch to axe but pob say to me that i must have 1k physic dps for do the job better then maroqi......

next upgrade ryslata coil? i feel so slow and squishy.......

Forget POB, axe is way better because you should be one-shotting almost everything in the map even with a 500pdps Fleshripper, so your slow attack speed with marohi is slowing you down a lot and is also why you're so squishy because you need to stand still for so long to swing. You can also pick up more impale chance from axes passives (or even watcher's eye), so ditch your impale support and get pulverise for way more dps and aoe on top of the higher crit chance from Fleshripper and onslaught axe passive, it's going to feel so much better.

For gear upgrades I would recommend swapping your helm for Crown of the Inward Eye with a good life roll, you'll get so much more hp I don't think you'll miss the enchant that much. Also look for gloves with attack speed or seed craft it yourself. You could also get vermillion ring and use CWDT to apply a curse (punishment works well for me). Personally I don't think double curse is worth it on this build because I already one shot everything on maps and curses don't do much on the end game bosses.
"
thorpownsu wrote:

i have about 10 ex to spend what you guys recommend for upgrades to my gear?
Also should i be using unyielding or unbreakable?

(debating switching to axes)

thanks!

Just eyeballing your gear, you have a few places you can upgrade pretty heavily for your budget.

First, I'd pick up a 750 pdps axe for 2ex, then switch your tree and any applicable jewels to work for axes.

Next, I'd spend an ex and pick up a good curse on-hit ring, I went with vulnerability myself, but assassin's mark is also an option.

Next I'd look at getting a gg chest, but you're gonna have to save up a bit more for that. You're going to be looking for:

80+ Max Life
You can apply an additional curse
Attacks have +% chance to crit
Whatever other mods you want

This will open up your ability to get a 2nd curse on-hit ring, and use assassin's mark on the other side. Expect to spend 12-15ex on one of these chests though, unless you craft it yourself or something. Some people have been getting explode chests, but I think it's probably superfluous due to how good ES is for clearing already. In juiced t16's I'm still one-shotting trash packs, and two-shotting rares - so I think that the additional clear would be wasted.

Once you've done these moves, the next upgrade would be going for an 850+ pdps axe and then just going up again from there.

Side note, I would also check the dps difference between HoP and Pride. I can't imagine HoP is that close to the same damage on bosses that aren't one shottable
"
Pyrok wrote:
Just eyeballing your gear, you have a few places you can upgrade pretty heavily for your budget.

First, I'd pick up a 750 pdps axe for 2ex, then switch your tree and any applicable jewels to work for axes.

Next, I'd spend an ex and pick up a good curse on-hit ring, I went with vulnerability myself, but assassin's mark is also an option.

Next I'd look at getting a gg chest, but you're gonna have to save up a bit more for that. You're going to be looking for:

80+ Max Life
You can apply an additional curse
Attacks have +% chance to crit
Whatever other mods you want

This will open up your ability to get a 2nd curse on-hit ring, and use assassin's mark on the other side. Expect to spend 12-15ex on one of these chests though, unless you craft it yourself or something. Some people have been getting explode chests, but I think it's probably superfluous due to how good ES is for clearing already. In juiced t16's I'm still one-shotting trash packs, and two-shotting rares - so I think that the additional clear would be wasted.

Once you've done these moves, the next upgrade would be going for an 850+ pdps axe and then just going up again from there.

Side note, I would also check the dps difference between HoP and Pride. I can't imagine HoP is that close to the same damage on bosses that aren't one shottable

Axes really seem like the way to go. One interesting thing while toying around how I could reskill into axes is finding out how a medium range Thread of Hope allows you to grab a good junk of juicy nodes:

Both major Axe nodes, Escalation, Unwavering Stance, Harpooner - the amount of points you can save here is insane. Of course you can still grab the in-between nodes if you want to. E.g. that would make sense for the Exert nodes, as those three result in a total of 21-23% more damage on average (not modelled in PoB, had to do a spreadsheet).
I would just like to provide some feedback for the people having trouble with this build.

This build is simply not tanky, it is a glass cannon.

There's almost nothing in forms of elemental damage mitigation which is a big problem with this build. You have to understand that 75% elemental reduction in this game is basically where you start, i.e. naked.

This build has 3 things in terms of elemental mitigation, Molten Shell which leaves a window open to be one-shot. Fortify which provide 20% or 24% damage mitigation depending on whether you pick the Rampart node and Flesh and Stone in Sand Stance.

Flesh and Stone provide Blind to enemies further away which doesn't work with spells because spells cannot miss and 11% damage mitigation from nearby enemies. This is basically Lucky for Evasion and since you have almost no evasion (unless using a Jade flask) this is meh. On the other hand Blood Stance with Maim support provide a full 1.6x total damage.

Notice that OP's video End Game with Earthshatter purposefully runs a T14 map with none of the dangerous mods on it which in essence, considering the high damage of this build, is just like running a Normal map. Here's the list of map modifiers which will rip you a new one:

Savage: (22-25)% increased Monster Damage
Punishing (without sextant): Monster reflect 18% of Physical Damage
Burning: Monster deal (90-110)% extra Physical Damage as Fire
Freezing: Monster deal (90-110)% extra Physical Damage as Cold
Shocking: Monster deal (90-110)% extra Physical Damage as Lightning
Chaining (Esh's Breach): Monsters' skills Chain 2 additional times
Conflagration (if no burning immune flask): All Monster Damage from Hits always Ignites
of Deadliness (if not using The Brass Dome): Monsters have +crit chance/multi
of Exposure: -(12-9)% maximum Player Resistances

I'm not happy at all where my build stands since it feels incredibly squishy. I switched to The Brass Dome in order to get massive Molten Shell mitigation and increased duration. I also picked a pair of Death's Door to be Bleeding immune and have room for Burning immunity in my flask however I plan on having cooldown reduction/elusive on boots instead (Second Wind doesn't work on Molten Shell). And finally I'll try to get my health to 6200 to avoid some of the many one-shot I experience.

I'm pretty sure, so far I've lost the equivalent of 94-95 XP to deaths. I think it's unlikely this build will run the kind of maps I was running the last two leagues.

Bosses are easy because they are scripted and you can learn the patterns and avoid your weaknesses.
Last edited by xakor on Jul 9, 2020, 1:54:10 PM
"
xakor wrote:
I would just like to provide some feedback for the people having trouble with this build.

This build is simply not tanky, it is a glass cannon.

There's almost nothing in forms of elemental damage mitigation which is a big problem with this build. You have to understand that 75% elemental reduction in this game is basically where you start, i.e. naked.

This build has 3 things in terms of elemental mitigation, Molten Shell which leaves a window open to be one-shot. Fortify which provide 20% or 24% damage mitigation depending on whether you pick the Rampart node and Flesh and Stone in Sand Stance.

Flesh and Stone provide Blind to enemies further away which doesn't work with spells because spells cannot miss and 11% damage mitigation from nearby enemies. This is basically Lucky for Evasion and since you have almost no evasion (unless using a Jade flask) this is meh. On the other hand Blood Stance with Maim support provide a full 1.6x total damage.

Notice that OP's video End Game with Earthshatter purposefully runs a T14 map with none of the dangerous mods on it which in essence, considering the high damage of this build, is just like running a Normal map. Here's the list of map modifiers which will rip you a new one:

Savage: (22-25)% increased Monster Damage
Punishing: Monster reflect 18% of Physical Damage
Burning: Monster deal (90-110)% extra Physical Damage as Fire
Freezing: Monster deal (90-110)% extra Physical Damage as Cold
Shocking: Monster deal (90-110)% extra Physical Damage as Lightning
Chaining (Esh's Breach): Monsters' skills Chain 2 additional times
Conflagration (if no burning immune flask): All Monster Damage from Hits always Ignites
of Deadliness (if not using The Brass Dome): Monsters have +crit chance/multi
of Exposure: -(12-9)% maximum Player Resistances

I'm not happy at all where my build stands since it feels incredibly squishy. I switched to The Brass Dome in order to get massive Molten Shell mitigation and increased duration. I also picked a pair of Death's Door to be Bleeding immune and have room for Burning immunity in my flask however I plan on having cooldown reduction/elusive on boots instead (Second Wind doesn't work on Molten Shell). And finally I'll try to get my health to 6200 to avoid some of the many one-shot I experience.

I'm pretty sure, so far I've lost the equivalent of 94-95 XP to deaths. I think it's unlikely this build will run the kind of maps I was running the last two leagues.

Bosses are easy because they are scripted and you can learn the patterns and avoid your weaknesses.

Well, considering that you have a grand total of 329 life on your gear - I have absolutely no doubt that you feel squishy as shit. You also skipped the 2 jewel slots in the build, in favor of non-defensive notables and a cluster jewel, so that's another 14% life that you're missing out on...

Not to mention you're wearing abyssus and complaining about being squishy. Regardless of it only affecting incoming physical damage, I'm absolutely certain that's part of your problem.

I'm absolutely not unkillable, but I leveled from 91-92 in t15 and t16 juiced maps and died a single time, and it was a shitty interaction with how ES wont cast if you're going to hit blockable terrain. There are def rippy packs (specifically looking at the Crusader's trash), but I'm no where near a glass cannon.

Clever use of flasks as well as effectively stunning large packs with Leap Slam keeps me alive, and if there's an especially dense room of rippy shit, I pop Vaal Molten Shell and go to town.

I had no problem fitting Staunching, Dousing, and Curing onto my flasks. I find a quicksilver flask is useless on this build because 100% of my movement is via leap slam.

Out of those map mods you posted:

Savage is a joke, it's not even worth posting
Phys reflect is a given - however use sextants on your shit to avoid reflected damage....
Burning, Freezing, Shocking - I did a map with all 3 rolls as well as -max resist, it was rippy as shit but I completed it with a single death that was my fault....
Conflagration is only is a problem if you're not running a Dousing flask which you should be
Deadliness isn't a problem, stop using Abyssus like the rest of this thread has told you to if you find that it is
Exposure isn't a problem as discussed above

As an aside, you should be in sand stance for mapping and switching to blood for killing the boss.

Edit: You're also only using one warcry. Skipping Seismic is costing you considerable damage, and skipping Enduring is costing you an extra heal as well as a ton of survivability.
Last edited by Pyrok on Jul 9, 2020, 10:13:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info