[0.10.8] Charged Balls - Marauder Fireball

"
I see several problems with using Fireballs:

1) You can stack all 5 FP charges on a single enemy while freezing it and staying relatively far away. With fireball, you practically need to get into melee radius and facetank the enemy so that all 5 would hit.
2) Burning damage is useless compared to what a crit-focused burning stacking build can do
3) No freezes...
4) Freezing pulse hits all targets it passes through, fireball will only hit one and the ones that surroud it

The only advantage it has over FP is higher damage, which is not worth it considering the loss of freezing capabilities.

With your node placement, Power Charge on Critical gem is pretty much mandatory to get a decent crit chance. As a bonus, you get to use Discharge, which now is extremely powerful.
Thanks for the feedback but I disagree. Sure there's no freezing, but I believe with enough radius you have the potential of doing more AOE damage. By picking up all the radius passies and running carcass jack, you can achieve a great amount or increased ae. I tested it with just a lvl 5 increased aoe support gem and just LMP and it was pretty impressive. With GMP and more increased aoe it will do great. As for power charges, I believe I can pull it off if the static blows and added lightning DMG gem is dropped. So no shocking. Worth it?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Hey, I started a fireball bm character but i am having some real issues.

at level 56 with 3.4k hp i can't sustain the FB casts to the point that soloing is difficult.

when mobs are up close i get enough life back, but when t hey are at a range i don't get as much life return.

did you find similar issues with your build?
"
train20 wrote:
Hey, I started a fireball bm character but i am having some real issues.

at level 56 with 3.4k hp i can't sustain the FB casts to the point that soloing is difficult.

when mobs are up close i get enough life back, but when t hey are at a range i don't get as much life return.

did you find similar issues with your build?

It is pretty much required to have Blood Magic keystone, until you can get 100hp/s regen+lifeleech to support the gem. Or, just level up without fireball until that point. I was having problems with a 5L'd fireball, with the gem - it works with the keystone. Problem with getting the keystone, you will have to respec out of about 10 points, but that isn't a big issue. I recently died and am having to restart, leveling up BM groundslam - I will more then likely keep the keystone, until I feel I am ready to do maps - since you need purity for maps.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 25, 2013, 9:13:47 AM
I see.

I'm running a five linked too and the cost is like 215 hp a cast. pretty high.

I was really excited for this character, but i figured that i should be able to sustain the casts by where i am at.

I am kind of stuck and no where near that keystone, damn. I guess i have to abandon it and start over.

really wish i would have found your thread before hand. zero info on this type of build anywhere haha
Last edited by train20 on May 25, 2013, 1:21:01 PM
"
train20 wrote:
I see.

I'm running a five linked too and the cost is like 215 hp a cast. pretty high.

I was really excited for this character, but i figured that i should be able to sustain the casts by where i am at.

I am kind of stuck and no where near that keystone, damn. I guess i have to abandon it and start over.

really wish i would have found your thread before hand. zero info on this type of build anywhere haha

Don't abandon it! Just wait till you can get enough life regen, and a higher leveled blood magic gem. You'll be just fine. Switch to groundslam or ele cleave to level till then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info