[0.10.8] Charged Balls - Marauder Fireball

Can u make a youtube Video please? Its very hard to know how good a build is when u dont have any demonstration. I've tried a GMP-Chain fireball before, its lag as hell and does terrible damage
"
r9duc wrote:
Can u make a youtube Video please? Its very hard to know how good a build is when u dont have any demonstration. I've tried a GMP-Chain fireball before, its lag as hell and does terrible damage

Haven't got it setup yet. What was your build and stats?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Well, it seems decent enough but again, you seem to have avoided all crit. IMO, unless you are using incinerate or a low life build (shavronne's wrappings + pain attunement +righteous fire), you should be aiming to get at least enough crit to reach 15-20% crit rate. Remember, your biggest advantage as a fire caster is the ability to deal extra damage to enemies via burn, which is mainly accomplished with a quality fireball gem/chance to ignite gem/flamability curse and crits. Crit will also boost the damage dealt, which in turn increases the burn damage.

Personally, I would take out some of the 6% fire damage nodes and go for crit nodes instead. For reference, you could try modifying Kripp's FP marauder build (109 pts) and cater it towards fire. Alternatively, if you want to get Iron Reflexes no matter what, here is a modification I would suggest: 114 pts.

Also, Kaom's Heart has 0 slots, so you have six less slots/links to work with, in exchange for 1000 more base health. It is also very expensive (35 exalts+), so you might have plan a sightly modified build before getting it (not taking serpent stance in the case of the 114 pts build I suggested above). You will have to be prepared to compensate for the lack of slots via a staff (searing touch in this case).
I used to use fireball, but got really annoyed at the super slow travel time of the fireball so I switched to firestorm. Firestorm with concentrated effect has extremely reliable damage, and also does a lot of damage, just not too much AOE.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
I think the biggest problem with Fireball GMP is that it requires chain to be really effective - which, FP just uses added damage in that slot. As for it moving slow - a % quality GMP grants projectile speed, so it will move faster - granted, not a fast as FP since it too adds projectile speed.

Here's what I did to Krip's build, to make it fireball. What do you think? I do like how he goes over top, and grabs doomcast. It's a much shorter route to the shadow goodies then past conduit.
Last edited by Edzilla on Mar 27, 2013, 4:20:37 AM
Yea, I don't see much issue with that build edit since he didnt really spec much ice nodes to begin with.

Also, Chain is a bad idea with fireball, since the fireball will only explode on the last hit (ie after chaining twice) so you pretty much gimp your aoe capabilities with the skill. I feel you'd be better off with an Increased Area of Effect gem (or pick up the Amplify radius nodes at templar) to make the aoe size of fireball viable.

Fireball + GMP/LMP + Conc Effect + Increased Area + Life Leech + BM.

Just an example.
Updated, with a new layout and strat. Increased Radius+Shock stacking.
looks fairly solid, you might want to consider taking EB and using some armor/ES gear which would eliminate any mana problems and allow you to take a bunch of auras and/or high level arctic armor

2'nd, I'd ditch incinerate, its very strong but requires different build to be worthwhile (and different support gems). not sure what would be good ST as a replacement though.

lastly, you're SO close to powercharges... if you reallocated 5 points and then sacrificed some survivability to wear voll's protector... your damage would go through the roof!
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on May 19, 2013, 2:09:34 PM
"
demivion wrote:
looks fairly solid, you might want to consider taking EB and using some armor/ES gear which would eliminate any mana problems and allow you to take a bunch of auras and/or high level arctic armor

2'nd, I'd ditch incinerate, its very strong but requires different build to be worthwhile (and different support gems). not sure what would be good ST as a replacement though.

lastly, you're SO close to powercharges... if you reallocated 5 points and then sacrificed some survivability to wear voll's protector... your damage would go through the roof!
The build is designed to use blood magic gems. So no mana needed. Buy the power charges might be a good idea. I would never run voll's- if I wasn't using kaoms I would only consider carcess jack. Maybe power charge on crit support gem?
I see several problems with using Fireballs:

1) You can make all 5 FP projectiles pass a single enemy, while freezing it and staying relatively far away. With fireball, you practically need to get into melee range and facetank the enemy so that all 5 would hit.
2) Burning damage is useless compared to what a crit burning-focused build can do.
3) No freezes...
4) Freezing pulse hits all targets it passes through, fireball will only hit one and the ones that surroud it, which is far less effective.

The only advantage it has over FP is higher damage, which is not worth it considering the loss of freezing capabilities.

With your node placement, Power Charge on Critical gem is pretty much mandatory to get a decent crit chance. As a bonus, you get to use Discharge, which now is extremely powerful.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 21, 2013, 1:47:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info