[0.10.8] Charged Balls - Marauder Fireball

Intro
Spoiler

Main gem link
Fireball + Blood Magic + Life Leech + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Power Charge on Critical Hit + Increased Area of Effect

(Previously Shocking Balls)

Yet another change. I've added in Power Charges, in place of Shock stacking. Due to the lack of cast speed in this build and the potential for more sustained damage through power charges, compared to shocking targets, Added Lightning support gem and Static Blows passives have been removed.

Build Highlights
+7 Power Charges (100% chance to obtain on crit with 20% quality gem)
2% Spell damage per power charge
84 to all resists
279% increased maximum life
280% increased critical strike chance
100% increased critical strike multiplier
73% increased AoE radius (103% with carcass jack and 20% quality gem)

Trees
Spoiler

Level up with Ground slam, Leap Slam, Sweep, or Elemental Cleave, by following the 73 point build below. Get Resolute Technique and Blood Magic keystones first making it easier to level.

73 points -You may choose to keep the bloodmagic keystone, while wanting to level up with a linked fireball. If you do not choose to do so, please be aware that it requires at least 100 hp/s regen + LL support gem to sustain a decently leveled Blood magic gem, supported to Fireball. Running Vitality aura will help with this transition as well.

[urlhttp://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBAcEswx9EH8UTRZvGS4ZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKonLyftKU8tHzbFNuk62DwFPV89_EcGSTtJUUyzTdhQMFBQUlNUSVXGWGNZ81ptXz9jQ20Zcn6Bb4IegpuDOIV9iEKMdozPj0aP-pBVl5WX9J2unjyf36IApwinXKeEqnysqrSjuJO53cAawcXB88Lsxp7G2M9l0NDUj9gk2t3bXtvn42rjhOQi51LsGOw47w7vfPAf8NnyHfIv8uHz3fZI]93 points[/url] - After this point, you can start filling in critical nodes, if you have 84 to all resists and a decent hp pool. Otherwise, wait on getting more crit.

118 points (final build)

Gems
Spoiler

Important to note: Get ahold of Blood Magic, Fireball, and a LMP/GMP to start leveling as soon as you can slap it on. Don't be afraid to grab a savant node, or get a 40 to all attribute necklace so you can level fireball.

Use LMP over GMP until you complete all of your crit nodes in the tree, closing in on the final build but make sure to be leveling a GMP while doing so.

Staff - Fireball+Blood Magic+Life Leech+Greater Multiple Projectiles / Lesser Multiple Projectile+Power Charge On Critical+Increased Area Effect || Weapon Swap || Portal+Lightning Warp/Leap Slam+Leveling gems

Chest (If not using Kaom's Heart) - Spell Totem+Blood Magic+Incinerate+Fire Penetration+Increased Critical Strikes+Increased Critical Damage

Head - Determination/Vitality+Purity+Haste+Reduced Mana

Gloves - Blood Magic+Elemental Weakness+Enfeeble+Grace

Boots - Decoy Totem+Enduring Cry+Faster Casting+Blood Magic -or- Spell Totem+Blood Magic+Incinerate+Fire Penetration

Gear
Spoiler

Astramentis / +40 all atty neck + Dex gear.

Carcass Jack / Kaom's Heart

Alpha's Howl

The Searing Touch, Long Staff 75% + recommended

Stat priorities after max resists:
Crit multiplier>Crit Chance>Cast Speed>Spell Damage/Fire Damage

Bandits
Spoiler

Help Oak,
Kill all,
Help Alira.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 25, 2013, 9:45:52 AM
Interesting. I was planning a high health Marauder focusing on firestorm so less about burn damage. I was also planning to take the BM passive. Conceptually, I'm very attracted to the fire casting marauder but my reservation has been whether there would be enough DPS heading into Merciless.
Last edited by azkinger on Mar 24, 2013, 9:33:24 AM
"
azkinger wrote:
Interesting. I was planning a high health Marauder focusing on firestorm so less about burn damage. I was also planning to take the BM passive. Conceptually, I've very attracted to the fire casting marauder but my reservation has been whether there would be enough DPS heading into Merciless.

Fireball scales higher then Freezing Pulse, damage wise, so I'm assuming it would work heading into Merc. You would just need a few damage/burning % increase damage nodes and a good wand/staff.

I originally wanted to do Firestorm, but, didn't like how erratic the damage felt.

My only concern with Fireball put on GMP/LMP, is that it might need Chain, Fork, or Pierce to do some real damage - pending on how large the radius is when the ball explodes.
Voll's Protector BM VP fireball build with 0 crit nodes or the use of crit gem? How consistent is that supposed to be? Fireball has 6% base crit rate. You'll only get charges via crit, and if you choose to ignore all crit nodes along the way, you'll never be consistent enough as a provider of power charges via conduit.

On top of that, Vaal Pact on a build that only has 250% hp AND no access to Kaoms is suicidal. The Voll's doesn't even have HP on it. Reflect is the least of your worries. I'd rather ditch VP and climb towards the shadow side for more crit.

hp/skillpoint/powercharge for bandits

4 weeks goal: 95 pts, lvl 77
The 1-3 months goal: 109 pts, lvl 91
Nearly impossible goal: 118 pts, lvl 100.

-Elemental Adaptation + Purity*Inner Force = 85% resist. This is sufficient for dealing with reflect.
-Only 279% hp (lvl 91 build), can be increased by expanding south through Acceleration in the Shadow's area into that 28% hp cluster, on top of the 10% finesse node south of the 30dex node. You could skip some crit/damage nodes and go for those first if worried about surviving. (as seen in the "Impossible goal" build).
-315% increased crit chance, 130% increased crit multiplier. This bring up fireball to 6*4.15 = 24.9% crit chance, 150*2.3 = 345% crit multipler

Also, depending on how OP the new power charge on crit gem will be, you could just ditch Voll's altogether.
I run a GMP FB maruader that i MF on

here is my build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEZLhrZHOckiyfVJ-0otSkuKU8yCTboOlI62D0PPfxAoETnRmlN2FBHUFBUSVWpVgRXDVhjWK9fP2BLYIhhUmoeajt07XdieA165nrvfLh8u31TffWBb4KbhGOGYIcpjHaMz5e0njyezZ_LogCnMKgYrLq53b6KxBXEWMT2xtjQR9Ih1HzZYd-_5PHnUudq7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Nx8932SA==

it has TONS of resists so i dont need much on gear and can focus on + life + MF

I use:

and
Ingame: Sakrilegious
interesting stuff! haven't seen a good fire build in a while
"
Zealflare wrote:
Voll's Protector BM VP fireball build with 0 crit nodes or the use of crit gem? How consistent is that supposed to be? Fireball has 6% base crit rate. You'll only get charges via crit, and if you choose to ignore all crit nodes along the way, you'll never be consistent enough as a provider of power charges via conduit.

On top of that, Vaal Pact on a build that only has 250% hp AND no access to Kaoms is suicidal. The Voll's doesn't even have HP on it. Reflect is the least of your worries. I'd rather ditch VP and climb towards the shadow side for more crit.

hp/skillpoint/powercharge for bandits

4 weeks goal: 95 pts, lvl 77
The 1-3 months goal: 109 pts, lvl 91
Nearly impossible goal: 118 pts, lvl 100.

-Elemental Adaptation + Purity*Inner Force = 85% resist. This is sufficient for dealing with reflect.
-Only 279% hp (lvl 91 build), can be increased by expanding south through Acceleration in the Shadow's area into that 28% hp cluster, on top of the 10% finesse node south of the 30dex node. You could skip some crit/damage nodes and go for those first if worried about surviving. (as seen in the "Impossible goal" build).
-315% increased crit chance, 130% increased crit multiplier. This bring up fireball to 6*4.15 = 24.9% crit chance, 150*2.3 = 345% crit multipler

Also, depending on how OP the new power charge on crit gem will be, you could just ditch Voll's altogether.

I guess I was thinking that 6%X5+increased attck speed+the crit chance I get per power charge would sustain itself, thus not needing to waste mana on nodes. Especially if you can get your casts to be faster then 2 or so spells / second. Since it cascades, and your crit chance increases per charge - I just kind of thought it would work out /shrug. I guess that initial crit would be more difficult to achieve.

Granted, this is kind of a glass-cannon-ie build, but the good thing about fireball, over freezing pulse(maybe the only) is that you can fire it like Lightning arrow, off screen - it never stops traveling till it hits a target. If you play it safe, you 'should' be alright.

My original plan was to go Shadow side, mainly for the 7th shadow charge and HP and I suppose crit chance. I just feel I do not want to get too much crit, because once the charges start rolling, it really can add up (especially in the end-game, when i would really only wear voll's) With so many casts per second, and projectiles firing, along with critical weakness, 1 of them is bound to crit :)

Thanks for the feedback, i'll look at the build again and adjust according.
"
Sacrilegious wrote:
I run a GMP FB maruader that i MF on

here is my build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEZLhrZHOckiyfVJ-0otSkuKU8yCTboOlI62D0PPfxAoETnRmlN2FBHUFBUSVWpVgRXDVhjWK9fP2BLYIhhUmoeajt07XdieA165nrvfLh8u31TffWBb4KbhGOGYIcpjHaMz5e0njyezZ_LogCnMKgYrLq53b6KxBXEWMT2xtjQR9Ih1HzZYd-_5PHnUudq7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Nx8932SA==

it has TONS of resists so i dont need much on gear and can focus on + life + MF

I use:

and

How do you like Incinerate? I was thinking of making that the single target, or 'boss killer' of the build. I would link it to Firepen probably, or reduced mana since it takes so much in the last stage.
Updated the OP. suggestions/thoughts appreciated.
"
Edzilla wrote:
Updated the OP. suggestions/thoughts appreciated.

Any suggestions before I start building into this? I think it has potential, with almost 200 spell dmg, and 300% increased max life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info