-

hey guys, pretty new player, I tried this build out a few weeks ago and had a lot of fun. Is it still viable for next patch? Any major changes I should look at?
Epic game is epic.
"
Kelsul wrote:
hey guys, pretty new player, I tried this build out a few weeks ago and had a lot of fun. Is it still viable for next patch? Any major changes I should look at?
No one knows, stay tuned after Tuesday to know 100% how viable it will be.
"
cheelos wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
For Leaguestart is grabbing an Asenanths and putting Edc or Soulrend in it worth it?
oh hi Jamie lol.

You don’t need asenanth as you just zoom through packs with smoke mine and shoot 1-5 rapid pods and leave the zone and everything dies behind you. You can stack early frenzy charges and use snake bite for a bit

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
For Leaguestart is grabbing an Asenanths and putting Edc or Soulrend in it worth it?
Tbh Asenath's is rarely accessible on league start. It usually starts fairly expensive and that expense can be better spent on other gear pieces.

Thanks for the quick answers! I want to league start Ranger and I'm pretty sure I'm going Toxic Rain, just need to do some testing to see if I want to do Mines or Self Cast.

I want to transition into Indigon BV after I get my atlas setup and some currency going so just concerned about the first week or so.
livejamie
Sooo... guys what do you think of these changes, buff or nerf?

PF lost 20% aoe (from 50% to 30%) but the 10% more chaos damage was moved from master toxicist to nature's reprisal and buffed to 15% more damage, while removing the 30% increased.

The gut feeling tells me that "more chaos damage" should be still a buff despite losing the aoe, but what do the number crunchers say?

Also master surgeon was buffed, but the only situation I would ever consider it is if you craft 100% ailment avoidance on gear and drop master alchemist, otherwise: never.
Am I wrong or that "15% more Chaos Damage with Attack Skills" will not work with a dot?
If it works with dot it's a huge buff, 20% aoe can be achieved with just one notable.
Last edited by vipzor on Jan 11, 2021, 6:10:30 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Sooo... guys what do you think of these changes, buff or nerf?

PF lost 20% aoe (from 50% to 30%) but the 10% more chaos damage was moved from master toxicist to nature's reprisal and buffed to 15% more damage, while removing the 30% increased.

The gut feeling tells me that "more chaos damage" should be still a buff despite losing the aoe, but what do the number crunchers say?

Also master surgeon was buffed, but the only situation I would ever consider it is if you craft 100% ailment avoidance on gear and drop master alchemist, otherwise: never.

Assuming the 15% more works (On PoB it says that it works), then yes it is a buff because the AoE nerf is literally -1 radius, and the estimated loss to me is 3.57% more damage. Even it doesn't work, it's not very significant.

Honestly though, ailment immunity isn't very important on a life build, but could try out master surgeon since we don't bleed immune flask. This only makes us more vulnerable to long freezes / shocks. But that's on theory, gotta try it out and see the results
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
vipzor wrote:
Am I wrong or that "15% more Chaos Damage with Attack Skills" will not work with a dot?
If it works with dot it's a huge buff, 20% aoe can be achieved with just one notable.

According to PoB it works, but i am not sure if it will work in game. Could try it out
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
vipzor wrote:

According to PoB it works, but i am not sure if it will work in game. Could try it out

Confirmed with a dev that it works.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
vipzor wrote:

Confirmed with a dev that it works.

I just tested it out in game, I'd also have screenshots

Yep it's a buff to us
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jan 11, 2021, 7:39:56 PM
Seems like a skill damage buff, but overlap will be a bit harder? Can drop Master Toxicist to get Nature's Adrenaline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info