[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

hi i ask again :does it matter what Brutal Restraint i get ? must it be akhara of deshret or? there are no deshret anymore so how?
"
Zaipain wrote:
hi i ask again :does it matter what Brutal Restraint i get ? must it be akhara of deshret or? there are no deshret anymore so how?

Any brutal restraint works, the name doesn't matter.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Gotcha! I've read a bunch of stuff on Brutal Restraint but was still failing to grasp how it worked, will give it a shot! If purchasing the item, I am not seeing any with rolls on them, is it like a hidden implicit?n

Socket the jewel and look at the medium-sized nodes within its radius. If you don't like what the jewel is granting them, divine it.
Last edited by Velyna on Jul 8, 2020, 11:55:39 AM
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Gotcha! I've read a bunch of stuff on Brutal Restraint but was still failing to grasp how it worked, will give it a shot! If purchasing the item, I am not seeing any with rolls on them, is it like a hidden implicit?n

Socket the jewel and look at the medium-sized nodes within its radius. IF you don't like what the jewel is granting them, divine it.

Gotcha, thanks so much again!
"
Zaipain wrote:

Your question got skipped, as it was just answered in a bunch of posts just one or two pages back from where you first asked... I think myself and others assumed you just hadn't yet read all the stuff we had typed out in response to another series of Brutal Restraint questions.

It's worth going back a few pages and reading what was written... there's a bit more of an in-depth discussion about Brutal Restraint and how to work with them. I think it's page 19 and 20 (or really close).

What I'm curious about is the labyrinth helmet enchantment... Now that Ice Crash got nerfed so that 100% of it's damage is converted to cold, how would the lab enchantment even work, as there is no longer any physical damage to convert to "extra cold damage?"
Last edited by Phlier on Jul 8, 2020, 1:06:06 PM
"
Phlier wrote:
Now that Ice Crash converts all physical damage to cold damage, is the helmet lab enchantment worthless?

Im not sure but with the enchant it give me an overall 150k + dps with the enchant.
"
Phlier wrote:
What I'm curious about is the labyrinth helmet enchantment... Now that Ice Crash got nerfed so that 100% of it's damage is converted to cold, how would the lab enchantment even work, as there is no longer any physical damage to convert to "extra cold damage?"

Our damage was always 100% converted, mods of the 'Added As' type grab the damage early in the calculation before its converted then tack it on top at the end.
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Phlier wrote:

Our damage was always 100% converted, mods of the 'Added As' type grab the damage early in the calculation before its converted then tack it on top at the end.

Actually, one of the changes to Ice Crash in 3.11 was that it changed it from taking 50% of physical damage and converting it to cold to 100% of physical converted to cold, as per https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ice_Crash

Which is why it seems really strange that the Lab enchantment would still work, but hey... as long as it does! : )
Before the change, we converted the other half with Winter Spirit + hatred watchers eye.
Almost three weeks into the league in full, now, and this build has been an absolute blast. I've fought most end-game bosses (though my only successful Sirus fight was A0, mostly because I've been learning that fight as I play,) and been cruising through t16 maps with ease. I am, admittedly, considering rerolling despite that-when I saw how long fights between the Harvest boss take, I was immediately tempted to find an even faster clearing build, namely, flicker strike, and making a new toon to kill bosses while that one does map clears.

It's hard to imagine a build I'd enjoy more that could do *both* of those things as well as this build, though, so I'm not about to jump ship quite yet. Plus, there's still some end-game stuff I can buy; I don't have watcher's eye or split personality. I *did* manage to win the alt lottery so I replaced Astramentis with a % dex/% damage per dex amulet, definitely my pride and joy item-wise this league so far.

Also, looking back on it now, I managed to buy One With Nothing on literally the night it was most expensive in the league. The very-early league sticker price still would have me thinking critically about whether or not I wanted to start with this build, but as long as you're not the type to be in maps after only one day, I can't imagine the price being such an immense problem to give you frustrations with the build.

Even if I do walk away from the build for this league soon, I want to thank you for putting together this build/guide. It's given me a great few weeks in Harvest league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info