[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
urunlucky wrote:
Also dmg is pretty good your thoughts on taking avatar of the veil? And what is the first awakened gem you would go for?

Sure you could try out avatar of the veil, ascends are flexible. Maybe awakened melee phys? Or whichever is cheapest.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
ice pen is cheapest, but awakened melee gives intimidate =)
"
Can someone explain why everyone is using dual Mjolners and Repentence gloves?

Levelling gems, we don't meet the stat requirements so they don't count as equipped I think.
I have a 11 ex budget right now? What Should I aim first?
"
dmoniak wrote:
I have a 11 ex budget right now? What Should I aim first?

IMO:

1. One With Nothing Jewel

2. Wildwrap (or Astrementis amulet if you're sticking with it instead of an expensive rare ammy)

3. Belt

4. Boots

5. Amulet (influenced, with +%Dex, 1% damage per 5 dex, etc.)

6. Jewels

A lot of guys are going to put the amulet higher up, but I would argue that you need the survivability a lot more than you need the dps from the amulet when you first start out.

Using nice (and cheap) Dex/Life/Resist/+Elemental Damage Two Stone rings will get you a long way into maps.

Using a cheap rare amulet with +%Dex and/or +% attributes will get you a long way into maps.

I would also recommend waiting to get the Fractal Thoughts helmet until you have your resists handled. Just use a rare helm with Life/Dex/resists on it until you no longer need the head slots for resists and life.

Some guys say you can do the same thing with the boots, but IMO, you need the boots to boost your life.

Overall strategy:

1. Get your resists maxed out ASAP so that you can have max resists without having to have resists on your helmet or your boots (possibly even your belt, if you stick with the unique belt)

2. Get your life up

3. DPS comes last

You will find that you'll have plenty of dps with a very basic OWN setup to get to yellow maps. You probably won't have to worry about adding more dps until late yellow maps.
Last edited by Phlier on Jul 2, 2020, 1:25:02 PM
Is 11 ex enough to get me started well? and the armor 5r1g is hard to get.. any tip? Thanks
"
dmoniak wrote:
Is 11 ex enough to get me started well? and the armor 5r1g is hard to get.. any tip? Thanks

Yeah, I had to set a live search up to get my 5r1g Wildwrap, which I finally got this morning. Paid 3ex for it.

I was using a 4r2g Wildwrap until then, and I was using a Faster Attacks gem instead of melee damage support.

Get a Live Search setup for any of the gear you can't find.

11ex will get you well, well, WELL on your way. :)
Velyna, thank you so much for this guide.

This is my third OWN setup that I've played, and it's been a ton of fun. Your guide is extremely well done.

Quick question...

Would putting two Split Personalities in the same Large Cluster Jewel work? Pardon the rather newbish question, but I've never used Split Personality jewels before, so I'm not familiar with their little idiosyncrasies.
"
dmoniak wrote:

Yea that's enough for sure. Somebody else did a nice breakdown of upgrades above.

Harvest crafting has some great options for changing socket colors.
Is oak better or the 2 point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info