Timer

8th 0post count to be picked in a row D;
;3
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Accounts that don't post on the forum greatly outnumber the accounts that post. This is a common trend in online games.

Even though a forum poster has 10x the base chance of a non-poster, there are still enough non-posters to statistically trend the timer towards picking a non-poster on any given selection.

The timer isn't broken, nor is the 10x chance. They're both working as intended.

TL;DR: Make the player use the code within X day/week or reuse the code.

And that's why you flag accounts as inactive after X days of not logging in.

Rift FORCES you to sign in every time you go to their forums, and you can't even post if you don't have an ACTIVE subscription.

However, this wouldn't be a problem if we knew for a fact these accounts that haven't logged back in after X days/weeks/months/years do indeed use their code. If not, it's a waste of a code. Why aren't they required to log in, use the code within, X days/weeks. That way there aren't codes going to waste because someone forgot about the game.
If you read what I said, then thank you, I say very important things, things that need to be said! Here's a chocolate chip cookie, enriched with vitamins.
Last edited by FiercelyFuzzy on Apr 18, 2012, 5:02:44 PM
Wish I had a key already :)
"
FiercelyFuzzy wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Accounts that don't post on the forum greatly outnumber the accounts that post. This is a common trend in online games.

Even though a forum poster has 10x the base chance of a non-poster, there are still enough non-posters to statistically trend the timer towards picking a non-poster on any given selection.

The timer isn't broken, nor is the 10x chance. They're both working as intended.

Rift FORCES you to sign in every time you go to their forums, and you can't even post if you don't have an ACTIVE subscription.

However, this wouldn't be a problem if we knew for a fact these accounts that haven't logged back in after X days/weeks/months/years do indeed use their code. If not, it's a waste of a code. Why aren't they required to log in, use the code within, X days/weeks. That way there aren't codes going to waste because someone forgot about the game.

+1
;3
Djeison44
Last Visited: 15 april 2012 17.24
Total Forum Posts: 0 (0 posts per day)

Joined at almost the exact same time as him, only difference is I got 40~ posts more then him and I've been active. "wat is dis, I dont even"
;3
Just so you know if you open my account it will say I last visited it on 30 march, what's not true, like you see I am posting right now, but I never logged out, so it just remembered last time I logged in.

The point is don't judge that if it says someone last visited it that day, it's not true!!
IGN: MegyPoe
"
DonCorleon wrote:
"
FiercelyFuzzy wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

+1

You do not get a key if the timer picks you. Your account just gets the beta status instantly. There is no key going to waste or being sold or anything. At least not from the timer.
And what what if this "use the key (or for that matter dl the client, log into it, create a character and play)-idea" would be realised? Think that YOUR chances would go up then? How come?

Oh, and could someone please please please sticky this elaborate response right under the timer on the front page, so these stupid threads cease to pop up?
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

Edit: GGG can tell when people visit the site without logging in. If they're getting page hits from the same IP and browser, it's an indication of return visits. They've stated in the past that many of the "inactive" accounts do this.

There is no reason to log on other than to post or check your PM's, and neither are necessary for gaining beta access.
Last edited by mOr5 on Apr 18, 2012, 5:26:42 PM
"
mOr5 wrote:

Oh, and could someone please please please sticky this elaborate response right under the timer on the front page, so these stupid threads cease to pop up?
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

Edit: GGG can tell when people visit the site without logging in. If they're getting page hits from the same IP and browser, it's an indication of return visits. They've stated in the past that many of the "inactive" accounts do this.

There is no reason to log on other than to post or check your PM's, and neither are necessary for gaining beta access.

+1
Sweeping Maid
"
MegyPoe wrote:
Just so you know if you open my account it will say I last visited it on 30 march, what's not true, like you see I am posting right now, but I never logged out, so it just remembered last time I logged in.

The point is don't judge that if it says someone last visited it that day, it's not true!!

Not true, my account updates every time I open a page here, it has nothing to do with logging in and out. I've never logged out and it shows me updated to the exact time I open up any page in any of the forums here
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
"
TheBigMick wrote:
"
MegyPoe wrote:

Not true, my account updates every time I open a page here, it has nothing to do with logging in and out. I've never logged out and it shows me updated to the exact time I open up any page in any of the forums here

Doesn't work for me..I don't know why...
IGN: MegyPoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info