[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

So I (finally) got this version up and running last night. It is nuts how different it feels from the Hiero version. A few questions:

1. I guess I really just need to see a video of it in action, but how much of the time are we using Cyclone? I was having trouble picking up loot and still making sure all 3 buttons were held down afterward.

2. Following up on that--when holding down all 3 buttons, I kept finding my Cyclone somehow interrupted, even when Arcane Cloak and Brand Recall were still firing regularly. I am guessing Cyclone behaves differently because it's a channelling skill and not an instant one? As someone who's never played a channelling build before, are there some basic gameplay tips I might be overlooking?

3. Also relatedly, if you're an idiot and not paying attention to the above studying and wind up without enough mana to start Cycloning again during battle, are you basically fucked? The only thing I could do was run away until my life was down to 1 so the drains would stop and I could regen mana again.

4. Also relatedly, do you see anything critical missing from my setup? I'll post PoB link later after work if that's easier to look at.

Thoughts:
1. Damage is nuts, just like Hiero but with much less investment.
2. Holy crap is it tanky when played correctly. It's crazy to see a character retry less than 4k life not even get scratched whirling through t16 madness.
3. Offering. Sounds. Omg.
4. That large cluster jewel is a bitch to craft.
"
von_Thurgau wrote:
I think I will try this one out as my last char in this league to prepare for the next one. What budget should I allocate to get things going? Like minimum?

Thanks for the build!

Prices are included in PoB but 5ex will get you spinning. Total budget is less than 15 besides the helmet
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
von_Thurgau wrote:
I think I will try this one out as my last char in this league to prepare for the next one. What budget should I allocate to get things going? Like minimum?

Thanks for the build!

Prices are included in PoB but 5ex will get you spinning. Total budget is less than 15 besides the helmet

Thanks!
could you explain the agnostic more in depth i have never used it before :D almost copied the whole build, thanks!

where does it fit best into the skill tree?

p.s. i am new to the game and the guide was very helpful!
Last edited by nxdnaL on May 15, 2020, 1:40:57 PM
Wanna ask something, tonight im min max the resistance so i can achieve same number of them. After that when im activated righteous fire and blood rage, my life and mana never depleted or u can say im at perma-righteous fire mode (i stand still at ho without any corpse). Is it bug or the magic of your build @f1rstborn?
Can we use unnatural instinct jewel somewhere?
"
StuckOnHer wrote:
Wanna ask something, tonight im min max the resistance so i can achieve same number of them. After that when im activated righteous fire and blood rage, my life and mana never depleted or u can say im at perma-righteous fire mode (i stand still at ho without any corpse). Is it bug or the magic of your build @f1rstborn?

I cant take credit for discovering it. But yes, stacking mana regen is far easier than life regen AND since you have 0 energy shield, the calculation for degen gets really small and easy to maintain.
"
nxdnaL wrote:
could you explain the agnostic more in depth i have never used it before :D almost copied the whole build, thanks!

where does it fit best into the skill tree?

p.s. i am new to the game and the guide was very helpful!

Agnostic is a keystone granted by a militant faith timeless jewel with the name 'Venarius' on it. The jewel removes all energy shield. Then, as a trade off, sacrifices 20% of your mana to heal the same amount of life. In a build like ours, 20% mana is about 45% of our life. Combined with mind over matter effects taking 50% of our damage before life and arcane cloak taking 70% of damage before that, agnostic ensures only a large amount of burst damage can put us down.

To activate agnostic. Put the timeless jewel in range of any keystone you wont use, then skill said keystone.
Striking my question about the possibility of using Lightning Warp; would be horrible with Mistress of Sacrifice.

Either way, was wondering why you chose Frostblink over Flame Dash. I'm not wild about the limitations of FB, but you obviously have a good reason, so I was just curious.
"
Striking my question about the possibility of using Lightning Warp; would be horrible with Mistress of Sacrifice.

Either way, was wondering why you chose Frostblink over Flame Dash. I'm not wild about the limitations of FB, but you obviously have a good reason, so I was just curious.

Frostblink is an instant skill. As such, it does not interrupt our channel of cyclone. I found my only time in any danger was if cyclone dropped and I got stunned. Also it feels cleaner. My personal choice of boots is The Stampede which reduce FB CD quite a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info