[3.21] Mother of the Raging Crows (Null's Inclination SRS on Kill)

UPDATED FOR 3.21

Hello everyone, welcome to this little build guide.

As an avid player of Necromancer builds, I love to try out different ways to play with minions. A favorite of mine and many (before nerfs) was SRS, which was easy to play with little investment.

Originally, this Scion was a Spectre-focused Necro, but eventually I resorted to rework it to use the one unique bow that pretty much no one uses.

NULL'S INCLINATION

Inspired by the Wormblaster series by Eirikeiken, Lord of all Memes and Builds, I decided to actually use Null's with minions. After some changes in gear and tree I can say that, while not returning SRS to its former glory, it is a fun build to play.

I present to you, the Mother of the Raging Crows.
(For the Crows part, get the SRS Crow mtx)

The Build

The main idea of this build is to actually use Null's to summon Raging Spirits. Unlike other triggers, Null's trigger is almost instantaneous (even after the trigger rework) and can be used quite constantly. Aside from SRS, we use Zombies and Carrion Golem with Meat Shield for our protection.

Of course, for the trigger to work we must have the killing blow. How do we attain this?

SPEAKER'S WREATH

This will prevent our Minions to get the killing blow (most of the time) so that we continue to cast SRS on every kill.

When dealing with bosses, however, we shall rely on another method.

THE WRITHING JAR

We use this to spawn worms and kill them, triggering our SRS.

Gear

Of course, a full 6-link white Null's is not mandatory.

Speaker's Wreath must have high dexterity and (if possible) skill duration. The rest of the gear must focus on Life, Resistances and Dexterity (and any other attribute you may need). Two Writhing Jars will suffice for this build to trigger SRS during battle if few enemies are nearby.

Most of the rare gear in this build was acquired very cheap with the exception of the bow, of course. Some of the crafted gear was self-made.

Crafting options can vary depending on what you actually need, but one piece of your gear MUST have "added lightning damage to attacks" to procure Elemental Equilibrium when hitting packs of mobs.
Other Gear options

Due to the amount of dexterity we stack, Shaper's Touch is a strong option for getting a good amount of life. However, using it means we lose Dexterity on gloves and some resistances.

Triad Grip is a good choice for additional damage to your minions, as well as providing a small chunk of life. It is recommended to use it until you get a decent pair of rare gloves.

In terms of DPS, Triad Grip will offer the highest amount possible. Recommended to go full cold conversion with 4 green sockets. However, it is adviced to do this only if you don't need any stat from any other gloves.

Tree

https://pastebin.com/a4J7DH3V

For this build, we go with a Necromancer/Pathfinder Hybrid, to benefit minions and sustain flask charges for bosses.
Our tree must be focused on getting High amounts of Dexterity, some Minion damage, Life and Aura nods.

Your priorities in Ascendant should be getting Necromancer, Path of the Witch and then going to Pathfinder.

Gems and Links

Rain of Arrows-Life on Hit-Hextouch-Elemental Weakness (Summon Phantasm-Feeding Frenzy).

This simple setup will be used to curse enemies, trigger our SRS and staying alive in the process. Since our minions are not able to kill, we get plenty of life on hit, trigger EE and summon our SRS on kill. If you can make a 6-link setup in chest, it is also recommended to add Phantasms with Feeding Frenzy for additional dps boost.

Raise Zombie-Carrion Golem-Meat Shield-Fortify/Empower/Minion Life.

As our literal meat-shields, they will also deal damage to enemies near us. Remember they cannot kill due to Speaker's Wreath, so the enemies they attack will be culled by our Rain of Arrows, sustaining the flow of the build and providing additional DPS and protection to us. You can also use Empower to grant them additional levels and increasing the total amount of zombies, as well as their stats.

SRS-Minion Damage-Multistrike-Elemental Focus-Added Cold Damage-Elemental Damage with Attacks.

Our main source of DPS. Each kill casts one and the cooldown is almost unnoticeable. Elemental Focus is a must in their supports, as that way they will not kill any enemies, allowing us to constantly summon SRS with Null's. As we stack Dexterity, they will get damage and increased attack speed, which will make them hit ridiculously fast. Once you can upgrade to awakened support gems, do so. Multistrike can be either normal or Divergent.

For auras we use Hatred & Vaal Haste, complemented with Clarity and Vitality. We also use Desecrate, Flesh Offering and Convocation.

Test video: No Phantasms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MO75CbeGnQ
This video was recently recorded and should show more clearly what the build is all about. Apologies for the quality but my PC ain't exactly the best. This video has no Phantasm support.

Test video: Phantasms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJt7XtO7_wI
This is another video in which Phantasms are added into the mix. Their only purpose is to provide Feeding Frenzy. It also shows that this build is not good for every boss in the game.

Well, that's it for this build. Hopefully you at least had fun reading this. Of course this can be improved in many ways but for the moment it works well.
However, it is not recommended to fight bosses with it, as we do need a constant flux of enemies to kill and summon our SRS and Writhing Jars are not that consistent.

Thanks for reading this guide. Have a nice day!
Last edited by AlexGrindor on Jul 7, 2023, 11:41:21 PM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2023, 9:24:11 AM
Very very cool build, thanks for sharing :-)
Nice Build will try this next league . Can you suggest some leveling tips ?
"
Chaos_5 wrote:
Nice Build will try this next league . Can you suggest some leveling tips ?

Take the Scion and level it as if you were playing a regular minion build (I recommend Specters), and once you can get to all required ascendancy nodes, and the requirements to use Null's, switch to it.

It can be a bit squishy to play and sustain, but it's fun.
I did a very similar build a few years back. Ridiculously fun to play. I found it pretty squishy though, as my version lacked physical damage mitigation.
I personally find summoner builds too chaotic as well so it wasn't exactly endgame viable. Some of the most fun I've had with a build though!
Updated for 3.21 with a couple of videos.
Hello. Both of the videos of your build are currently showing as private and can not be viewed. Can you double-check to make sure the videos you linked are public? Thanks.
Yep, video still private. How does this look for 3.22 ?
"
Deadwest wrote:
Yep, video still private. How does this look for 3.22 ?

Apologies for that, videos should be public in a moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info