[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

For those who have problem with single-target DPS:

+ Get +1 arrow and learn how to spread your spore pods in a V-shape along the 2 arrows. You can do it by adjusting your cursor close to your char's location when you release 5-stage SA.
+ Grab as many fast attack speed as you can. Faster attack means shorter time to reach 5-stage SA as well as shorten the time necessary to gen 15/15 withered stacks by Blast rain.
+ Shoot 5-stage SA as much as possible (at least 3-stage if you need to dodge more often). The helm enchant is a DPS boost, but not mandatory.
+ Increase your hit chance. Use Precision if necessary (better solution: having accuracy rating in your ring/amulet/quiver/etc.).
+ Consider using Skitterbot until you have a good cluster jewel setup with Touch of Cruelty. Touch of Cruelty + Aspect of the Spider = 25% more DPS with 3 spiders (3-sec ramp-up time). However, a 8-/9-passive large cluster with a single notable, is not worth the opportunity cost. Wait for GGG until the next patch to be able to craft a better large cluster.
+ Consider using Malevolence setup if you can fit it in. Always simulate with PoB to see if it's worth before actually re-color your gear for the new changes.

"
Hakyu wrote:
So I tried Sirus again today, I got the +1 arrow, and the despair on hit ring u suggested, fixed my flask cluster, and is using malevolence aura, but the build still does zdps against sirus, what am I doing wrong? Mapping feels amazing with this build, thats why I really wanna salvage it.

https://pastebin.com/anYa8FYk, here is a link to my pob, not sure what else I can do, but a quick flip thru you comment section, it seems like 90% of the ppl are having same problem as me, good clear but horrendous single target. Thanks for your help, and thanks for the fast response.

Try this (your PoB now has ~3.5mil Sirus DPS):

https://pastebin.com/HCB2E5rC

If you still have problem with single-target DPS, it means you may have issue with the spore pod control. Try 5-stage the SA and adjust your release cursor such that the spore pods spreads in a V-shape along the 2 arrows.

Bring Overflowing Chalice to bossfight. A chest with chance to gain frenzy charge will be very useful in bossfight, and it boosts your DPS if you can afford one. Many people ace the bossfights without frenzy charges, so it's a very good DPS-improvement but not mandatory.

"
soos wrote:
Hi all

I want to say thank you to Wolfie and everyone contributing to this thread. I've been secretly following for my Harvest league starter. And been having tons of fun with this build! Only minor concern so far is what a lot of people are already saying--single target DPS.

However, I did take down a5 Sirius today with only one death (first attempt this league). It took me what seemed like 10mins kiting and shooting (definitely the longest fight I've ever been in game). Admittedly, the result was very satisfying (moreso than a8 sirius kills on my delirium purp harb bro). If curious, the gloves dropped and I bricked the first vaal. Lol.

I'm looking forward to the cluster jewel patch to edit some of my tree and am thinking about either going for a quiver or chest craft next.

I did have one question... Wolfie do you stream on twitch? If not, have you considered it? :)

Could you take a look at my comments above for Hakyu and see if you can apply to your case? "No Witnesses" really doesn't help in bossfight, so you may want to drop it if you are very comfy with mapping. Without elusive, your mapping would be less enjoyable than it is currently, but should be fine.

I am not streaming on any media. I'm not gonna broadcast my introversion to the world. :P
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 30, 2020, 11:55:46 PM
+So I want to craft that armor like others. But need some help.

This is an ilvl 85 chest

And this is an ilvl 80 chest

So I will have to awakener orb 2nd onto 1.

But do I have to remove useless mods from 1st chest before awakener orb?

Either way, how the result will look like after awakener orb? 2 conq mods + rest of the mods on chest 1?

OR

2 conq mods + some random mods on chest 1 ?
"
whiteyfang wrote:

This is an ilvl 85 chest

Only one influenced mod in each piece gets fused into the final gear. You want to make sure each the 2 inputs has only 1 influenced mod.

"

Either way, how the result will look like after awakener orb? 2 conq mods + rest of the mods on chest 1?

OR

It will be 2 influenced mods from the 2 inputs and some random rolls on the fused chest.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 1, 2020, 12:48:55 AM

So how to go on from this point?
That Stun and block recovery is a suffix :(
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
whiteyfang wrote:

This is an ilvl 85 chest

Only one influenced mod in each piece gets fused into the final gear. You want to make sure each the 2 inputs has only 1 influenced mod.

"

OR

It will be 2 influenced mods from the 2 inputs and some random rolls on the fused chest.

Just failed sirus a5... Very hard to survive when to do damage you must stand still. Idk, i've got myself fortify flask, endurance charges, health on each item, capped resists and still feel kinda squishy. But that's not the main problem, like we are ranged and have good mobility so not a big deal, one shots don't occur too often. What bothers me is insanely small single target. I've got myself 1 additional arrow to max damage from spores, increased hit chance, got onslaught, and i really don't know what to do else. My bow is pretty decent.
I've tried getting fenumus weave, i generally didn't like it. It requires you to be nearby fat mob to apply webs. And even this build is pretty tanky, i would not face tank any boss i've met metamorphs for example who can easily kill you though immortal call instantly if you don't run away.
Every solo target even simple rare without life mods takes too much time. Although i'll have to admit thanks to prolif in general mapping it feels really great.
Could you please point out what could i upgrade to increase my solo target dps, got 4 ex to spare.
That's my gear, the problem is it is prety decent, not the mirror tier, but upgrading it will be pretty costly i think.
Last edited by Profatum on Jul 1, 2020, 6:57:51 AM
"
whiteyfang wrote:

Sorry you had some bad luck on the craft, you have to annul. If it bricks you either roll the chest til you get the two together again (quite rare, but that's how I got mine) or make a new one.
"
aurican65 wrote:
"
whiteyfang wrote:

Sorry you had some bad luck on the craft, you have to annul. If it bricks you either roll the chest til you get the two together again (quite rare, but that's how I got mine) or make a new one.

Do you think someone might buy this? I just want to get back my crafting money... and start over
"
Profatum wrote:

Just failed sirus a5... Very hard to survive when to do damage you must stand still. Idk, i've got myself fortify flask, endurance charges, health on each item, capped resists and still feel kinda squishy. But that's not the main problem, like we are ranged and have good mobility so not a big deal, one shots don't occur too often. What bothers me is insanely small single target. I've got myself 1 additional arrow to max damage from spores, increased hit chance, got onslaught, and i really don't know what to do else. My bow is pretty decent.
I've tried getting fenumus weave, i generally didn't like it. It requires you to be nearby fat mob to apply webs. And even this build is pretty tanky, i would not face tank any boss i've met metamorphs for example who can easily kill you though immortal call instantly if you don't run away.
Every solo target even simple rare without life mods takes too much time. Although i'll have to admit thanks to prolif in general mapping it feels really great.
Could you please point out what could i upgrade to increase my solo target dps, got 4 ex to spare.
That's my gear, the problem is it is prety decent, not the mirror tier, but upgrading it will be pretty costly i think.

I killed Sirus 5 yesterday (it was my 2nd attempt, failed first one day before). I don't think you need to move that much on that fight, just watch the kill video WolfieNa posted in the guide - it helped me position better. There's no reason to not stay close to the sirus tbh. This build requires some kind of rotation, if you want to do good dps. What i usually do now is i pop blast rain, let mirage archer stack wither stacks while im running around getting comfortable with boss attacks etc. After 2-3 seconds i move close to boss pop plague bearer and focus and try to atleast do 2 fully charged scourge arrows, then just bit of running SA if possible, focus/bearer again and fully charged SA. This build can easily tank sirus beam (altho you should move out of it, cos it can leave you with low hp) and most of other attacks. What you can't tank is the meteor maze.
For your gear, you should put GMP into your blast rain - this is big dps loss if you dont stack those wither stacks properly. You are missing despair on hit on ring or gloves. You dont have focus affix on helm (think you have open prefix to craft it). I also noticed you don't have bleed immunity - in that case sirius beam can kill you (you can beastcraft it on your hybrid flask). I think you should focus on getting ring with despair on hit and helm with additional SA spore now, the rest you can fix on the gear you already have.
Last edited by greenrasp on Jul 1, 2020, 7:47:23 AM
"
greenrasp wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

I killed Sirus 5 yesterday (it was my 2nd attempt, failed first one day before). I don't think you need to move that much on that fight, just watch the kill video WolfieNa posted in the guide - it helped me position better. There's no reason to not stay close to the sirus tbh. This build requires some kind of rotation, if you want to do good dps. What i usually do now is i pop blast rain, let mirage archer stack wither stacks while im running around getting comfortable with boss attacks etc. After 2-3 seconds i move close to boss pop plague bearer and focus and try to atleast do 2 fully charged scourge arrows, then just bit of running SA if possible, focus/bearer again and fully charged SA. This build can easily tank sirus beam (altho you should move out of it, cos it can leave you with low hp) and most of other attacks. What you can't tank is the meteor maze.
For your gear, you should put GMP into your blast rain - this is big dps loss if you dont stack those wither stacks properly. You are missing despair on hit on ring or gloves. You dont have focus affix on helm (think you have open prefix to craft it). I also noticed you don't have bleed immunity - in that case sirius beam can kill you (you can beastcraft it on your hybrid flask). I think you should focus on getting ring with despair on hit and helm with additional SA spore now, the rest you can fix on the gear you already have.

GMP is kinda stupid, was just experimenting and went into mana issues. What killed me most was not meteor, i was easily able to run out, but the attack when he fires a lot of laser in sequence. Idk if you can tank it but every time i failed to dodge it i died.
And is there reason to not got divine flesh if i have capped chaos res?
Last edited by Profatum on Jul 1, 2020, 8:14:10 AM
"
whiteyfang wrote:
"
aurican65 wrote:
"
whiteyfang wrote:

Do you think someone might buy this? I just want to get back my crafting money... and start over

Selling is an option yeah. Not sure what the market is for the base (or the 2 mods together). If you have plentiful augments you can craft life and augment cold or fire for phys taken as ele and see who bites.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info