[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
WolfieNa wrote:
Mine was ilvl 83, if you want to do it.

I ended up buying a sub-par base for it. I'm after -chaos mod too so I needed 85:

Will finish this craft hopefully today but I'm going for phys taken as lightning which may take some time.
This is my current chest, still waiting for a final (or two) augment.

How to craft this: very similar to what aurican65 described earlier:
(1) Get a Redeemer chest with +10% chance to gain frenzy charge on hit.
(2) Get a Warlord chest with ilvl85 +1 endurance / sec if hit recently. Assassin's Garb base is preferred (high evasion + extra movespeed).
(3) Awaken slam the chest in (1) onto the chest in (2) (want to keep the ilvl85 Assassin's Garb). I was lucky and got 4 mods:
+ Double influenced mods in the suffixes.
+ T10 life and reflect damage in the prefixes.
(4) Harvest-augment "attack" mod onto the chest --> gain -mana cost suffix. All suffixes are populated.
(5) Harverst-remove physical mod --> remove reflect mod.
(6) Harvest-remove life mod --> remove T10 life mod and roll T5 life.
(7) Craft +8% increased life.
(8) Next: thinking either Harvest-augment with Cold mod to add "15% phys damage taken as cold" or gamble with ex to have +1 level to socketed support gems or both. Metacrafting in a Harvest league seems a bit easier than before. Having +1 level support gem, 15% phys damage as cold plus T1 life would be nut.

Credit:
I'm grateful to u/Hafth for his generous support in Harvest-crafting with the augment/remove mods that I don't have. By some reason, I haven't seen a single augment / remove mod so far.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 30, 2020, 12:15:59 PM
Greetings,

I am currently playing you build in harvest and having a blast with it, the only problem I am having with it is the single target. Also, I only have 4.1k life, but that is mainly due to my gear, I rarely die in maps(T14+) but I am having serious trouble with Sirus fight. His die triple beams one shot me every time, and since the single target dps is lacking he takes forever to kill. I know I can do with much better large cluster jew, since 3 mods and 2 socket jews cost 20+ex now, I am waiting for patch to upgrade it. Other than that, I can't seem to figure out why the dps is lacking. I've dumped 30ish ex into the build already, and would really like to fix it so it can do all content, please help me check to see if I missed anything important, Thanks!

Gear:
Spoiler

I also have my account set to public, if u wanna see the pob, hope to hear from you soon, thanks again!
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!
Hi there,

I just want to give some brief comments before I go. Hopefully, others will continue suggesting what you can improve.

1) For single target, you want 2 arrows so that you can position your pods in a V-shape, or in a way that guarantee you have 5 thorns arrows hit the target (6 if you have the helm enchant). See the Scourge Arrow mechanics in our OP.

2) Also on single-target DPS: I'd suggest you try respec "No Witness" wheel and go for Unpredictable Offensive. Faster channelling will help both DPS and survivability.

3) I would drop Witchfire Brew for Overflowing Chalice. The Chalice flask is mandatory in bossfights. It boosts your flask replenishment by 100%. Grab a curse on hit ring. You must already have about 500%-600% increase poison damage over time. You don't need +40% increased DoT from WItchfire brew at this stage of the game. If you forget to sip or panic-slam all your flask, you may not even have Despair curse on the target.

Overflowing Chalice is a must in bossfight; Drop Witchfire for curse on hit ring and Overflowing Chalice.

4) You can have +10% chance to gain frenzy charge on your chest. It will help kill Sirus much faster thanks to the increased APS and more poison damage from 3 frenzy charges.

5) Survivability: You would want to have more life. 4.1K is too little. You would want around 5.5K. For you, I would suggest that you drop the large cluster and go only flask cluster + enduring composure. Wait until GGG releses the new patch that helps us craft the large cluster more easily. For now, I'd say it's not worth crafting or using the large cluster unless you have a perfect one. Invest into the life nodes.

Good luck

"
Hakyu wrote:
Greetings,

I am currently playing you build in harvest and having a blast with it, the only problem I am having with it is the single target. Also, I only have 4.1k life, but that is mainly due to my gear, I rarely die in maps(T14+) but I am having serious trouble with Sirus fight. His die triple beams one shot me every time, and since the single target dps is lacking he takes forever to kill. I know I can do with much better large cluster jew, since 3 mods and 2 socket jews cost 20+ex now, I am waiting for patch to upgrade it. Other than that, I can't seem to figure out why the dps is lacking. I've dumped 30ish ex into the build already, and would really like to fix it so it can do all content, please help me check to see if I missed anything important, Thanks!

Gear:
Spoiler

I also have my account set to public, if u wanna see the pob, hope to hear from you soon, thanks again!
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
Hakyu wrote:
Greetings,

Gear:
Spoiler

Some more options in addition to what Wolfie said:

- Use malevolence instead of arctic armour and flesh and stone
- Your hit chance is a little low, Acuity wheel will fix it
- For flask cluster you want spiked concoction instead of numbing elixir. Maybe wait for patch coming later this week that makes cluster jewel crafting easier.
- Noxious strikes is a strong notable if you can manage reaching it. This build uses intuitive leap to get it. Maybe drop art of the gladiator to get the passives? You get another endurance charge there too.

The most important thing is the additional arrow as Wolfie mentioned.
So I bought a speed augment for Phoenix Bane for 5 ex & this was the result:

Bit disappointing, but still puts me at just over 4 million Sirus DPS without frenzy charges, 8.5 million mapping DPS.

Time to farm remove speed add speed mod crafts!
So I tried Sirus again today, I got the +1 arrow, and the despair on hit ring u suggested, fixed my flask cluster, and is using malevolence aura, but the build still does zdps against sirus, what am I doing wrong? Mapping feels amazing with this build, thats why I really wanna salvage it.

https://pastebin.com/anYa8FYk, here is a link to my pob, not sure what else I can do, but a quick flip thru you comment section, it seems like 90% of the ppl are having same problem as me, good clear but horrendous single target. Thanks for your help, and thanks for the fast response.
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!

What is the best way I can add +1 arrow to either of these equips? Is there a harvest seed that would easily do that? Should I just sell these one of these equips and buy a bow or quiver with that +1 arrow? Having trouble with currency this season... Lvl 94 with no exalt drop lol

Here's my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/g8ZT7Brc
Hi all

I want to say thank you to Wolfie and everyone contributing to this thread. I've been secretly following for my Harvest league starter. And been having tons of fun with this build! Only minor concern so far is what a lot of people are already saying--single target DPS.

However, I did take down a5 Sirius today with only one death (first attempt this league). It took me what seemed like 10mins kiting and shooting (definitely the longest fight I've ever been in game). Admittedly, the result was very satisfying (moreso than a8 sirius kills on my delirium purp harb bro). If curious, the gloves dropped and I bricked the first vaal. Lol.

I'm looking forward to the cluster jewel patch to edit some of my tree and am thinking about either going for a quiver or chest craft next.

I did have one question... Wolfie do you stream on twitch? If not, have you considered it? :)

POB:
https://pastebin.com/jDprupz6

Here's my gear:

FYI - Bow took me ~400j to 6s, ~600 fuse to 6l, and 8 attempts with Metallic + Corroded + Aberrant

Also, how does one link cluster jewels in this forum like above gear?
IGN: Soos
Eastern Standard Time
"
soos wrote:
Hi all

Also, how does one link cluster jewels in this forum like above gear?

you can link items in your inventory, just leave them there

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info