[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Hello guys!

Decided to league start with this build and, overall, really enjoying how it plays and feels.
Clearing speed is really good, but I am having lots of troubles with single target. Harders bosses at red tiers and conquerors are quite a problem and I am reaching my first fight with Sirius and I really dont think I can kill it with my current single target DPS. My current gear:

I have a few exalts to improve this build. Should I go for a Darkscorn/Rare Bow or invest in cluster jewel (or other things)?

Really ty and have a nice game!

whiteyfang,

I had an early Death's Opus (lucky with the prophecy drop) in Delirium and used it until red map.

This league is less deadly than Delirium, so I think you can start using Scourge Arrow + Blast Rain with your current setup. No need to think about Darkscorn atm. Instead, try to delve and save your fossil to craft the rare bow. Cost effectiveness is on the rare bow side.

Also make sure you have good accuracy + using Blood rage with Stone golem + meat shield (to compensate for the degen).

I'm using Voltaxic Rift because I can't afford Death's Opus lol. However, it's quite good. The idea came to my mind when I saw Yugo_1223 using Voltaxic Rift in his setup (a little bit different than the one I'm running). I should be able to run all the way to pre-yellow map with no issue (still testing) with very small investment.

Here's my gears if any one wants to have a look. Plan is to get Abhorrent gloves (+25% chance to inflict withered on hit and increase elemental damage taken). Scourge Arrow at stage 5 can deal large chaos damage hit, and with Voltaxic Rift and Abhorrent gloves (theory-crafting), it should be able to shock any thing.

"
whiteyfang wrote:
Hello

Im playing this build , leveled to 80 (ignore my character , will ascend today because internet wasnt good enough for labs, kept DCing )

So I want to ask, how far can a Death Opus bow can take us? Currently I'm using Caustic Arrow with nova support for clearing and Scourge arrow for bosses.

Because Darkscorn is expensive and so is the rare bow with those mods you mentioned in guide.

I also saw you using Voltaxic Rift, how far can this bow help us reach in the maps?

For flexibility and options, Im also lvling up Toxic rain and Barrage.

Here is my gear so far:

Death Opus 5link
Starkonja Head
Drillneck Quiver
The Emblamer gloves
1 Despair ring (about to use it once I fix my resis)
and rest of the gear is just rare with life and resis.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 23, 2020, 4:00:56 AM
reinaldo110,

Great gears. How did you farm that fast! You even got to fight Sirus. Jesus!

I had a look at your PoB. Some comments:

- You seem to have only 89% chance to hit. That translates into huge poison stacks lost. Accuracy is very important for channelling attack skill like SA. I guess you are experiencing inconsistent poison DPS, aren't you?

- Rather than pouring a ton of money into grabbing a Darkscorn, I'd go delving for the materials to craft the rare bow + earn some extra currency along the way.

- Getting the medium DPS cluster with Circling Oblivion/Wicked Pall will increase your poison DPS tremendously, and the flask cluster for DPS + survivability as well.

- Grab your Alchemist's Basalt flask with Adrenaline (+30% MS) instead of the Quicksilver. With your current physical damage reduction / less phys damage taken, you'd probably have a hard time with the ground degen in Sirus fight that deals physical DoT.

- Drop the Witchfire Brew and go for a rare ring with Despair curse on hit.

- Grab your chest with -15 mana cost (or a Cinderswallow with -mana cost if you prefer that way, either would be expensive in the early stage of the league).

- Get a helmet with +1 spore pod enchant.

"
reinaldo110 wrote:
Hello guys!

Decided to league start with this build and, overall, really enjoying how it plays and feels.
Clearing speed is really good, but I am having lots of troubles with single target. Harders bosses at red tiers and conquerors are quite a problem and I am reaching my first fight with Sirius and I really dont think I can kill it with my current single target DPS. My current gear:

I have a few exalts to improve this build. Should I go for a Darkscorn/Rare Bow or invest in cluster jewel (or other things)?

Really ty and have a nice game!

--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 23, 2020, 4:00:18 AM
ok im sending my eq too
i don't know what im doing really xD idk where my damage comes from i slowly farm atlas maps, white, yellow and few reds 11 I need change my bow, and farm cash for some uniques I think like ring with hoa + normal 6l
i bought 85i level shaper bow and tried few fossils without resoults
idk if I should change flasks and for eventually what
Strongly debating re-rolling this build.

It feels like cluster jewels are prohibitively expensive. Hell, a Death's Opus is a 17c prophecy atm! it Suuuuuuuucks.

Just getting into maps and it is real pain in the arse right now :/
ye for sure it's not cheap at the beggining of the league, but feels good anyway for me
Kansu, DeviousAlpha

If you also can't afford Death's Opus like me, perhaps you may want to consider this cheap Voltaxic Rift build I am testing:

https://pastebin.com/JRhPTR4m

~500K mobs DPS, 3.8K HP, level ~75
(Replace Overflowing Chalice by Quartz flask when mapping)

----
Some comments:

Grab a Despair on hit ring (I bought mine for 2c) and grab Overflowing Chalice. :)

If you have an issue with DPS: get Urgent Order Support and spec out Admonisher wheel. This way you still have a relatively less clunky enduring cry.

Important: make sure you have good chance to hit. Grab Weathered Hunter (accuracy) and Swift Venoms (DPS).

Adjust the Fatal Toxins wheel, trade poison chance for poison damage & duration when you have Coralito.

This league seems to be slow compared to the last league. Much fewer loots, much less currency gained.

"
Kansu wrote:
ye for sure it's not cheap at the beggining of the league, but feels good anyway for me
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 23, 2020, 8:33:07 AM
"
DeviousAlpha wrote:
Hell, a Death's Opus is a 17c prophecy atm! it Suuuuuuuucks.
Be glad it's not 1ex like it was back in blight before death's opus crit nerf when it was amazing for ice shot and everyone was buying it left and right.

Also cluster nerfs impacted nearly every build, since they made it mega hard to get good rolls on them. I'm pretty sure everyone's early game is now to skip clusters and get them much later in the character's progression. Or worst case if a node is mandatory get a cluster with only that node and rest of them random.
Video update:

https://youtu.be/R2Ao6FJaeG8

Voltaxic Rift SA+BR (level 78) vs Crusader A1.
Next step will be getting the final ascendancy notable: Master Toxicist to boost the DPS even further.

This 10-15c build has the potential to take us to the red maps.

Mechanics Explained:

This starter build is based on Voltaxic Rift and Stormcharger

Voltaxic Rift causes 60% lightning converted to chaos while Stormcharger forces 30% phys convert to lightning. The conversion flow:

Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos

So we end up converting lots of both phys and lightning to chaos. Extra phys -> chaos has a separate conversion.

And the key thing is Voltaxic Rift also enables chaos damage to shock as if dealing 300% more damage. Here's the intereing part: stage-5 Scourge Arrow applies 750% more damage with hits and ailment. That on top of 300% more damage would guarantee that we would shock with our arrows, which can apply upto 100% more damage as a unique mod of Voltaxic Rift.

Try it, it's cheap. ;)
--
Is death's opus that good to get it for 24c atm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info