[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

Ok Vik,

because i trust you completely, I switched to a dot multi quiver.

So my build is now almost the same as in this guide here.

Btw, the Community Fork PoB version seems to show much better TR sirus dps after the latest updates, including attack speed and skill duration. There is also a function where you can click, how much pods overlap:

Without wither stacks and and 5 overlapped pods I am at about 10m shaper TR dps, with 15 wither stacks 15m shaper TR dps:
https://pastebin.com/f1h6cB4j

I just keep one megalomaniac cluster jewel that gives me elusive (no witnesses). It is to good for map clear to give up. The additional dodge chance from elusive is also very helpful.
Last edited by Hedrock01 on May 2, 2020, 12:07:14 PM
"
Hedrock01 wrote:
Ok Vik,

because i trust you completely, I switched to a dot multi quiver.
I just said it doesn't suit my playstyle. XD
But with a dot multi quiver you can get more life and easier to cap resists, so that's not bad either.

Chance to blind can be gotten from abyss jewel but I'm not sure how good is having 5-10% chance to blind, toxic rain attacks fast but since it doesn't cap accuracy it's gonna be even less than the 5-10%. On the other hand anything in melee can be blinded with witchfire (stibnite) or / and flesh&stone.

Tbh if you already have a lot of evasion blind is not as impactful, I think it's more useful on specs like CI where you don't have evasion so blind substitutes having some.

"
Hedrock01 wrote:
I just keep one megalomaniac cluster jewel that gives me elusive (no witnesses). It is to good for map clear to give up. The additional dodge chance from elusive is also very helpful.
Yep, I think getting some non-life utility skills on megalomaniacs saves spending 2-3 extra points on small jewels, stuff like elusive, endurance charge on hit or immunity to poison are quite nice, can also make nice immune to ailments build by stacking Elegant Form, shaper boots and crafted chest if one wants to go that way.

I found (bought) a megalomaniac with elusive + tempered arrowheads because as much as I like that node it saddens me that the bow large jewel is so underwhelming, best I could figure was tempered arrowheads + 25% aoe node + 6% attack speed node but that's like having 2 notables for the price of 3, eww... They could have added some area damage to broadside or at least make these jewels to be able to roll a 3rd node that isn't purely dedicated to direct attack builds (it's basically attack speed or maim you can roll there).
Made some new videos with the new set-up:

Uber Atziri:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywXvVoKXswI

Last Phase Sirus - Just barley stayed alive :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh5iUNIRVjc

Hey man,

wanna try your build, but im only lvl 92 atm.
what would u skip in the tree till i get to 98? just some "random" cluster notes or maybe the 65 points from written in blood up to atrophy, which is actually a lot of dmg increase...
"
Hedrock01 wrote:

That's a hot tip. I'll likely add something about it in the guide and credit you.

"
_Fearen wrote:
Hey man,

wanna try your build, but im only lvl 92 atm.
what would u skip in the tree till i get to 98? just some "random" cluster notes or maybe the 65 points from written in blood up to atrophy, which is actually a lot of dmg increase...

If you only need to shave a couple points, some of the lower impact ones:
- Trickery (unless you need the int)
- The "extra" life nodes beyond Revenge of the Hunted, Blood Drinker, and Blood Siphon
- Any of the 2 point jewel sockets from the inside of the tree (unless your jewels are 4-property ones)
- If you'd rather sacrifice a bit of damage instead of just life, I'd skip Growth and Decay to save 3 points.

I'd keep everything in the cluster setups. Those notables are FAR better than basically anything on the inside of the tree.

"
Hedrock01 wrote:
I still use maloney's. It is such a very useful quiver. You get attack speed, life, frenzy charges and the blind on hit is also nice. And if i go to a dot multi quiver (30%) with my equipment i gain about 10% more damage in PoB. This is about the same as if you have 2-3 frenzy charges. And in addition you get a high lvl despair curse. In my opinion it is very hard to beat.

You're correct, Maloney's is very hard to beat. It takes quite an expensive quiver to do so. It has:
- Blind on hit
- Life
- Attack Speed
- Frenzy generation on bosses
- Auto cursing setup
- More gem slots to level awakened gems and sell?

Some of these things we get in pseudo fashion already. Flesh and Stone with the AoE we stack gives a pretty big blind radius already. I run Witchfire Brew and also have a manual cast Despair, so the cursing isn't super useful. Honestly, if I were using Maloney's, I'd probably socket something like Frenzy + GMP + Caustic Arrow for better coverage and maybe smoother mapping?

The life and attack speed can both roll with higher values on regular quivers. So it's really just the frenzy charges on bosses, a super useful tool that can't be easily replaced. But, if you can get a quiver that matches the life and attack speed of Maloney's plus three or four other affixes from: 15+ dot multi, movement speed, some resistances, bow attacks fire +1 arrow, chance to get onslaught on kill, increased AoE, etc., I would take the rare quiver. TLDR you'll need a good (read: expensive) quiver to beat it, but Maloney's itself is already expensive.
Last edited by rlauren2 on May 3, 2020, 12:35:38 PM
just curious how you think your build compares to the TR build below it in the forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2832884
"
yoloqueen wrote:
just curious how you think your build compares to the TR build below it in the forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2832884
TR is TR... there's like 4-5 threads on Trickster forum about it by now and you'd always scale the skill in similar manner, most differences are in gear alternatives (esp. chest / quiver / helmet) and the extent to which cluster jewels are used, also some versions scale mostly life and other go hybrid life+es and scale both.

Pick whatever suits you best, especially in the aspect of how much each setup costs, and whether it's more focused on damage or tankyness (it's always a tradeoff).

For example, the one you linked is the devouring diadem setup? It has a + and a -, the + is you don't have to worry about fixing mana issues every mana based TR setup has (and needs elreon's crafts usually), the - is you can't use ES defensively so you have to be life based (unless you build MOM but that's too far to reach normally) and you can't use -9 chaos res helmet (expensive but best for damage). So do you wanna convenience, or do you wanna more damage? That's up to you.
just want to point out a few things.
#1 you're doubling down on the -9 chaos res from the helmet, and its deceiving your damage numbers. PoB already takes it into account, you do not need to put -9 under the bosses chaos res.
#2 also you can't get 5.5 pods doing damage. round down to 5, and even then it isn't always working that way. this is why its best to round down.
#3 you don't take into consideration the 10% increased chaos damage taken mod from Touch of Cruelty. you can just add a line on any used piece of gear saying "10% more chaos damage" or something.

this would drop your total dps down to 35m shaper dps at max efficiency.

this is obviously pretty huge damage. not necessarily something ppl should be shooting for. its pretty much overkill.
you could probably drop a ton of damage and get way more ehp or quality of life things and thats mostly the difference between this build vs the other one linked a cpl posts ago. that one focuses way more on defenses while still maintaining 10ish million shaper dps, which is still plenty

im trying a pathfinder version right now for basically the same reason, to get more defensive. PF has its own benefits, like already getting that 50% area of effect so i don't NEED to use carcass jack (though you still can).
however, a VERY underrated chest for TR builds is Sporeguard. it essentially gives you chaos explosions, so you get corpse clear plus just insanely fast mapping, not always waiting for things to die or missing a mob here and there. it also gives 10% reduced damage to any enemies on fungal ground, which is basically everything.

i love how cluster jewels just took toxic rain to the moon. its awesome, but i doubt it'll stay. i at least think they should make it so cluster jewels cannot stack, and i kind of think thats the change they'll make....but i almost hope not just cause of TR, lol

one thing that actually surprised me is how +2 to socketed support gems is MORE damage than having 40% chaos damage over time multiplier. probably because of the awakened gems too. crazy
Last edited by xMustard on May 3, 2020, 9:19:55 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
just want to point out a few things.
#1 you're doubling down on the -9 chaos res from the helmet, and its deceiving your damage numbers. PoB already takes it into account, you do not need to put -9 under the bosses chaos res.
#2 also you can't get 5.5 pods doing damage. round down to 5, and even then it isn't always working that way. this is why its best to round down.
#3 you don't take into consideration the 10% increased chaos damage taken mod from Touch of Cruelty. you can just add a line on any used piece of gear saying "10% more chaos damage" or something.

this would drop your total dps down to 35m shaper dps at max efficiency.

this is obviously pretty huge damage. not necessarily something ppl should be shooting for. its pretty much overkill.
you could probably drop a ton of damage and get way more ehp or quality of life things and thats mostly the difference between this build vs the other one linked a cpl posts ago. that one focuses way more on defenses while still maintaining 10ish million shaper dps, which is still plenty

im trying a pathfinder version right now for basically the same reason, to get more defensive. PF has its own benefits, like already getting that 50% area of effect so i don't NEED to use carcass jack (though you still can).
however, a VERY underrated chest for TR builds is Sporeguard. it essentially gives you chaos explosions, so you get corpse clear plus just insanely fast mapping, not always waiting for things to die or missing a mob here and there. it also gives 10% reduced damage to any enemies on fungal ground, which is basically everything.

i love how cluster jewels just took toxic rain to the moon. its awesome, but i doubt it'll stay. i at least think they should make it so cluster jewels cannot stack, and i kind of think thats the change they'll make....but i almost hope not just cause of TR, lol

one thing that actually surprised me is how +2 to socketed support gems is MORE damage than having 40% chaos damage over time multiplier. probably because of the awakened gems too. crazy

Thank you for the PoB info! You're of course correct. I am by no means an expert using PoB, so I'm not shocked I made a mistake.

As far as QoL or more ehp, what would you recommend? I recently added "No Witnesses" to my character after another user commented, but I honestly am not sure what else I would add for QoL or hp. Tossing in a 2-node small cluster jewel with Fettle or something would be losing a jewel and two passive points to gain 14% life. Since the jewel has 7% on it, you're just dropping 2 points and 3 jewel affixes for 7% life. And those 2 points are either coming from the extra life nodes on the tree or you have to drop another jewel socket or Atrophy/Growth and Decay/Method to the Madness. Maybe I'm just not creative enough, but everything I try seems like it ends up just giving away a boatload of dps for not really anything back.

Plus, you rightfully point out that DPS can become overkill. I agree, but so can defense. No argument that heitu's version is even more defensive than mine, but my build is still really strong defensively as is. I have about 5.4k hp and 1k es, a no-buff 70% evade and 40% dodge which goes easily over 90% avoidance if flasks/elusive are up, a 15 second vaal grace on call, everything is hindered by TR/Spiders, and I have all the natural goodness that comes with the Trickster ascendancy. I leveled from 95 to 97 deathless. I think my hp dipped below 100% once in the entire uber elder video I linked.

Always down to get more sources of movement speed though <3

"
yoloqueen wrote:

Indeed, as pointed out by others, his version linked goes all in on dodge, trading away some raw hp and damage.
"
xMustard wrote:
Well that's technically not true. "More damage" doesn't share diminishing returns with anything (example: malevolence), meanwhile touch of cruelty shares diminishing returns with any mod that classifies as "enemies take increased damage", and in that bucket of mods you'll have despair (it has both -resist and increased chaos damage taken), wither, aspect of the spider itself (5% per web), also I believe skitterbots shock counts for that too if you use it, I also have a megalomaniac with Evil Eye so it's very specific but the mod "Enemies you Curse take 5% increased Damage" also goes to that bucket.

Each person's setup will be different, but I feel like touch of cruelty should be paired with spider so the hinder is much more reliably applied, so it means touch of cruelty will never be "10% more damage" especially despair + wither are quite standard for any tr build.

I dunno why touch of cruelty doesn't work in normal POB (works in fork), but evil eye does, so I could put on my POB "enemies you curse take 10% increased damage" and that would give nice workaround for touch of cruelty (since you will always have curse enabled in POB anyway).

"
xMustard wrote:
Yeah, I always wanted to try it myself but it was always 1,5-2ex unlinked, this season it dropped to 40-50c so I tried it out and it's quite nice, especially the extra anointment.

It has few downsides though, 1 is "10% life" instead of flat, it's really annoying not having flat life on chest, nowadays we have extra sources of % life with vermillion rings and cluster jewels but wtb energy from naught for life version.

Second downside is it's armor / es base. Which means you aren't getting any evasion for trickster's escape artist ascendancy branch... it really favours evasion chests. Carcass jack has better synergy with trickster. Pathfinder doesn't care, so there's that (personally I'm playing iron reflexes cuz I hate evasion builds).

You also need 109 str to wear it, which could be a constraint. It might also be annoying to off-colour if you want something very specific in it (I just dumped my wither totem and cwdt setup there as these synergize with red / blue socket preference).

Third the fungal ground has a delay for non melee / mobile builds because you spawn it either around yourself when stationary or around mob you killed, so first you need to kill a mob to spawn fungal ground and second you need to kill another mob on it to trigger explosion. It's still very nice for delve nodes where you actually are confined to a specific area, or any other close space. It's also much cheaper than the goddamned asenath's gloves and more reliable than unspeakable gifts cluster node, so there's that.

Personally I stuck with it because with cluster jewels any build gets really passive points starved so extra anointment is a godsend. (Also because I suck at crafting and will never manage to create any of these super amazing special mod rare chests.)

"
xMustard wrote:
Yeah, I think so too, the allowing nodes to stack created much worse things than 5 second TR, herald stacking, warcry stacking, 250% crit multi spectres and whatever else I'm not aware of... GGG should have predicted that allowing them to stack will create broken loops, but I guess they wanted to see people experiment and try to break the game... playerbase succeeded.

I'll be sad to see my 3x wicked pall go, and I wasn't even stacking the same nodes over and again, have quite a few dedicated to QoL and not just "best damage" node.

Clusters were a lot of fun and I hope they keep them in game even if they have to nerf overpowered combos.

For example you can now make ailment immune trickster with "elegant form" and it's much easier to reach 100% cap.

On a side note, I have no idea how notables like wicked pall and eternal suffering can exist in the same space as potency of will and exceptional performance and GGG isn't ashamed how weak the ones from the tree are in comparison to the cluster version.

"
xMustard wrote:
Tbh why not both... The only thing +2 to supports "rivals" with is +2 to bow gems because you can't craft both on 1 bow. So I dunno if there's any other prefix combo you can aim for except +1 to gems / +2 to bow or supports / chaos multi. And +2 to supports wins the moment you start using empower.

Tbh chaos multi used to have so few sources that it was THE stat to get anywhere you potentially could, but now with clusters I'm reaching a point where 10% multi is worth less than 30% increased which I've never before expected to happen.

Still, bows and quivers can roll decent chunk in 1 affix slot so I wouldn't skip it. Meanwhile I've seen people who said getting glove with 10% attack speed was better for their TR scaling than 16% chaos multi, and they could have a point (depends on each character's stat composition).

P.S. I looked at your setup and I see some interesting ideas (like skitterbots + damage against chilled enemies belt), but what do you do with ball lightning? Is it just to proc herald of ice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info